Wiki Posts
Search

Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Angry Help

hi,

i got everything to start my nitro rc mbx6 (just to let you know i am a newbie)

the car wont start. I put the car on the starter box and plug the glow plug in and push down and the flywheel on the car wont turn and keeps jamming any ideas.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prianc
hi,

i got everything to start my nitro rc mbx6 (just to let you know i am a newbie)

the car wont start. I put the car on the starter box and plug the glow plug in and push down and the flywheel on the car wont turn and keeps jamming any ideas.
If it's a new(er) engine....then grab a hair dryer (or heat gun) and preheat the engine up to @ 150 degrees or higher...and try again. When the engines are new they are VERY tight....and won't really spin over without preheating.

Give that a try and let us know! Happens to all of us ;-)
Old 05-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Go to the Nitro Engine section and read the break in and tuning bibles. They are very good reads, a must for Newbies.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

There are couple of reasons you could be having trouble...

1. If the engine is new then you might need to put some heat on it before you try and start it. Motogod mentioned a heat gun or hair dryer, also look into get a competition heat heater...hands down the most easy way to break in a new motor.

2. Check to make sure you flywheel is making direct contact with the starter box wheel, if there is any misalignment at all it can cause too much rubbing with the wheel and your chassis which will in turn kill your starter box if you keep forcing it. If you see a bunch of rubber dust on your chassis or around the flywheel then your starter box is not lined up correctly.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Easiest way to line up a starter box is to remove the engine so you can see the opening in the chassis. If it is not lined up....
Old 05-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default hi guys thanks for your help

hi i did what you guy said but none of it has worked so i striped the engine and found nitro rc car inner tube jams when its all screwed together any ideas...
Old 05-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

If the gear train jams then you have installed one of the diffs in the wrong way.
Basicly the chassis has a recess into it where the gear side of the diff can slot into.
So if you install the diff the wrong way, it does not go into the slot, and jams on the chassis.
You need to open your gearboxes, and make sure the diffs are in the right direction.