Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Best Motors for Fuel Mileage? >

Best Motors for Fuel Mileage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Motors for Fuel Mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
better then most

Super pointy old man shoes?
Old 04-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neobart
Super pointy old man shoes?

Old 04-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Lately I have had some very fast drivers making easy 10 minute pitstops with my modified engines..... Barry Pettit who was never able to make anywhere near 10 minute pitstops with his last engines, was able to actually pit at 10 with ease using my Clocked Bonito and Clocked P5..........Not 10 minute tanks, but actual 10 minute pitstops...... His last engines(Alpha I beleive ) he struggled to reach 8 minutes..........

Another racer Chandler Eliiot was able to make actual 10 minute pitstops with my Clocked Bonito...where before with the Reedy they had to pit at 8 or less........

both these guys are extremely fast racers and my modified Nova's pulled 10 minute pitstops with ease, And if a engine can give these guys 10 minute pitstops, they can give everyone 10 minute pitstops....Both guys say the Clocked Nova's were also substantially more powerful then anything else they have ever run in the past............
really they cant get 10 mins. out of an aplha .23?? i can easily go 10 min pit stops anywhere i run!! stock nova's can go 10 mins plus!! seen this week in and week out.. also saw one get 12:40 in buggy that was not modded. the right track and right driver can do this!! i can also say i run mine just as hard as anyone else.. there are alot of motors out there that get 10+ mins even with out a mod.. modding does not always mean run time improvement!! some times you loose mileage to gain more power.. the law of physics.. to get more you will loose somewhere else.. just as in modding you get more power or run times but not both for the most part.. you may get more but if you mode for power you loose a little runtime.. if you mod for runtime you loose a little power.. werks motors seem to have good runtime also.. they dont need to be modded to be fast.. there is my opinion.. jeremy
Old 04-01-2012, 07:59 PM
psr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
really they cant get 10 mins. out of an aplha .23?? i can easily go 10 min pit stops anywhere i run!! stock nova's can go 10 mins plus!! seen this week in and week out.. also saw one get 12:40 in buggy that was not modded. the right track and right driver can do this!! i can also say i run mine just as hard as anyone else.. there are alot of motors out there that get 10+ mins even with out a mod.. modding does not always mean run time improvement!! some times you loose mileage to gain more power.. the law of physics.. to get more you will loose somewhere else.. just as in modding you get more power or run times but not both for the most part.. you may get more but if you mode for power you loose a little runtime.. if you mod for runtime you loose a little power.. werks motors seem to have good runtime also.. they dont need to be modded to be fast.. there is my opinion.. jeremy
Old 04-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Its actually not the law of physics.....These are loop scavenging 2 strokes that waste a substantial amount of fuel blowing out the pipe.....My modifications make the loop scavenging pattern more efficient with less fuel blown thru the pipe..Which is why my engines do make substantially more power yet also get great runtimes..... Most of these engines have plenty of room to be made more efficient, which means not only better runtime, but also more power......... Its actually trickier to mod for runtime without increasing power.....Usually power is a side effect of making the engine more efficient...And better efficiency the side effect of making more power........ ...In the end my modifieds are pulling runtimes that these very fast, very experienced racers were unable to attain with the brands they were previously running..Not only that, but they also commented about the large step up in available horsepower and RPM... ......This is fairly earned and a result of many years of hard work...
Old 04-02-2012, 01:07 AM
psr
Tech Regular

Its actually not the law of physics.....These are loop scavenging 2 strokes that waste a substantial amount of fuel blowing out the pipe.....My modifications make the loop scavenging pattern more efficient with less fuel blown thru the pipe..Which is why my engines do make substantially more power yet also get great runtimes..... Most of these engines have plenty of room to be made more efficient, which means not only better runtime, but also more power......... Its actually trickier to mod for runtime without increasing power.....Usually power is a side effect of making the engine more efficient...And better efficiency the side effect of making more power........ ...In the end my modifieds are pulling runtimes that these very fast, very experienced racers were unable to attain with the brands they were previously running..Not only that, but they also commented about the large step up in available horsepower and RPM... ......This is fairly earned and a result of many years of hard work...
no ones haveing a dig at your work personaly but you are saying you can make a nova wich can get 10 min pit stops already get ten min pit stops rite

what would be a astounding feat is to get ten minitue pit stops with a ninja then i would be impressed
Old 04-02-2012, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where

Originally Posted by psr
no ones haveing a dig at your work personaly but you are saying you can make a nova wich can get 10 min pit stops already get ten min pit stops rite

what would be a astounding feat is to get ten minitue pit stops with a ninja then i would be impressed
yes a nova can go 10+ plus.. so modding them is not what is getting the 10+ mins... not knocking the modding just saying that modding is not what is getting the 10+ mins of run time!! dont look so deap when a member make a true statement.. if your work is that good guys will still buy them and love them.. no need saying your mod will now make a motor do 10+ when the motor will already do 10+ mins.. that is all i am trying to say.. jeremy
Old 04-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

yes a nova can go 10+ plus.. so modding them is not what is getting the 10+ mins... not knocking the modding just saying that modding is not what is getting the 10+ mins of run time!! dont look so deap when a member make a true statement.. if your work is that good guys will still buy them and love them.. no need saying your mod will now make a motor do 10+ when the motor will already do 10+ mins.. that is all i am trying to say.. jeremy

Well I already know the asnwer here ...But just for you I Am going to bring out a stock P5 on the track and do some runtime testing...then I will bring out the mod P5 and do some runtime testing and we can see how they compare.......I will shoot it all on video..........In the end my modified Nova's are giving some top drivers far more power,RPM and runtime then the engines they had ran in the past !
Old 04-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nova P5s stock dont get the greatest runtimes and its an engine that can gain a lot of runtime with the right modifications, but think he was talking about that specific Novarossi ( bonito).

But there are a lot of Alpha guys doing 10 minute pits.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lately I have had some very fast drivers making easy 10 minute pitstops with my modified engines..... Barry Pettit who was never able to make anywhere near 10 minute pitstops with his last engines, was able to actually pit at 10 with ease using my Clocked Bonito and Clocked P5..........Not 10 minute tanks, but actual 10 minute pitstops...... His last engines(Alpha I beleive ) he struggled to reach 8 minutes..........

Another racer Chandler Eliiot was able to make actual 10 minute pitstops with my Clocked Bonito...where before with the Reedy they had to pit at 8 or less........

both these guys are extremely fast racers and my modified Nova's pulled 10 minute pitstops with ease, And if a engine can give these guys 10 minute pitstops, they can give everyone 10 minute pitstops....Both guys say the Clocked Nova's were also substantially more powerful then anything else they have ever run in the past............
i race with both people you mentioned and i can promise you they both have gone well over 8 min. i saw barry pitting at 8-9 min almost always. also Chandler has pitted at 9.5-10 min with reedy a good bit. me and him were battling and i can do 10 min + with my BOX STOCK alpha so he wouldnt pit until i did which i was called in at the 9min 45sec mark which he came in right behind me, im not sure if he pitted in the last 10 min of race, i know i didnt. this happened on a few times. but i am sure your modded nova are faster (especially over reedy), but i doubt they use the full power....

anyways, just about any good race engine can pit at 10 min (stock or mod), depends on driver, tune, and clutch setup. i know ive gone well over 10 min with my F850 (10 min with buggy and truggy), Z852 (only buggy 10 min on certain tracks), A852 (buggy pit at 10, truggy pit at 11-12min), the A352 (the 23, pit at 10), also could pit at 10 sometimes with the S852... the A872 i had to pit at 8 min mark to be safe. im fully honest when i talk about run time or anything at that mater. no trying to sell with me, im straight honest shooter. i have ran OS, Nova, Arrow, RB, Picco, Jammin, GRP, TQ, werks and the list continues. i got 10 min with OS, Nova, Arrow, GRP, Werks and Alpha (the OS, Nova, and Werks were modded to get 10 min BTW) but the reason i run Alpha is simply reliability and longevity (for me anyways). i ran Alpha long before i was ever sponsored by them and wasnt switching even if i wasn't.

not trying to argue, you are trying to sell your products, you have great products/mod work, i fully understand but some things are a little blown out of proportion. again, i understand you are selling products, not trying to bash you or saying you are lying at all. i just dont see the bashing of other brands or stock engines is needed. all stock engines are great and yes all can be better with modding. however, do they NEED it? no, plain and simple.

this will be my one and only post on this thread. this is just my 2 cents.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
Nova P5s stock dont get the greatest runtimes and its an engine that can gain a lot of runtime with the right modifications, but think he was talking about that specific Novarossi ( bonito).

But there are a lot of Alpha guys doing 10 minute pits.

I only posted myself because earlier in the thread it was mentioned that higher HP engines cannot get better runtimes... and that None of the fast guys were getting those kinds of runtimes..... I was not intending to discredit anyone's product or anything like that..I was simply trying to say that some engines can be very fast and still get great runtimes even in fast drivers hands

I know I can improve the Alpha's runtimes as well as I can the P5's.....and comparing a stock vs mod is not fair, not to mention there is a substantial price difference between the two
Old 04-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Yes you can get power and mileage. There are so many variables it all depends on what modifications are being done, Being actual modders knowledge, What the Mod is being used for off road racing, Drag racing, etc..

And yes Mod Alphas get a good mileage increase. I have modded many alphas and Argus with very good gains in power and runtimes. So indeed the Alphas do respond well to Modding. But for everyone its not always necessary.

But the Bonitos "tight" port vs exhaust timings make them get very good mileage.

Last edited by Rcrenew; 04-02-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Spelling oops :)
Old 04-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Well I already know the asnwer here ...But just for you I Am going to bring out a stock P5 on the track and do some runtime testing...then I will bring out the mod P5 and do some runtime testing and we can see how they compare.......I will shoot it all on video..........In the end my modified Nova's are giving some top drivers far more power,RPM and runtime then the engines they had ran in the past !
neil i understand trust me.. i think you do a great job in modding motors.. now doubt there. just saying that a bonito already gets 10+ mins stock.. as for the p5 i think anyone with "some" motor skills could get more runtime out of a p5.. there is alot in a p5 you can do!! yes you do good work.. i fully agree... just stating facts about the bonito that is all..

you and other defend your motors.. which you have the right to do so.. we also have the right to defend ours.. no matter what motors are being talked about, you will always have guys defending them.. they have that right.. everyone has there favorite brand, model or modder. they will defend it all the way.. no one is cutting anyone or model down.. just stating facts.. all good.. jeremy
Old 04-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I have stood on the stand next to Jeremy and saw him pit at 10 min with a Alpha .23. He is one of the fastest in the upper midwest

I just talked to a guy yesterday, he wanted better mileage. I said the motor he has should do better than 8 minutes, lean it out some. He said I am running it at 220 deg. if I lean it out more it's too fast!! In that case he needs a detuned motor that he can handle it at the optimum temps.

Rex
Old 04-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Yep, I see that as well. The Alphas are fast engines, so some guys leave them at 220 because they have tons of power. But they Like to be run hotter Around 250-270 coming off a fast run, so a lot of Mileage is lost when they are left on the rich side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.