Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alpha engines your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default Alpha engines your thoughts

I have rebuild my Team Magic M8 brushless back to nitro. Brushless are fast but the charging time is a waste of time! I am looking for a new engine. I sold my Go .21 5+2 engine before I started brushless racing.
I came across the Taiwanese Alpha engines. They look good to me for local racing. What are your thoughts about these engines. I was looking for the A852 engine with pipe combo at Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/220919310683...#ht_500wt_1180
Old 12-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
I have rebuild my Team Magic M8 brushless back to nitro. Brushless are fast but the charging time is a waste of time! I am looking for a new engine. I sold my Go .21 5+2 engine before I started brushless racing.
I came across the Taiwanese Alpha engines. They look good to me for local racing. What are your thoughts about these engines. I was looking for the A852 engine with pipe combo at Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/220919310683...#ht_500wt_1180
the A852 is a beast. awesome engine. ive been running Alpha for a good while now (own all but the 28) and they never let me down. the early ones had a few o-ring problems with the carbs but they replaced them for free and no longer have any issues. with the A852 and Alpha 2090 pipe combo, im getting 12 min a tank in buggy and im not the best driver for run time. they will last a really long time also, if taken care of.

any questions about anything with Alpha, i would be glad to help, just PM me.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

a852 is a amazing engine. Has power every where easy to tune.I ran werks,sirio.os,and orion.I was afraid because i never owned a taiwan engine.Its been the most relible engine that i ever had and it idles great too.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

easy to tune and it holds it really well. coming from me first year racing nitro. talking about how great it idles...here's short story. i ran back to back heats. heat-marshal-heat. after my buggy heat, i started my truggy with a852 so i could warm it up good. rev it hard and went to marshall.,,after 5 min heat, my a852 was still running with no one blipping it...hahaha. power is insane and price doesn't break your bank.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I am happy with my Alpha. I have an older generation Orange head that needed a Nova carb. I love the low end grunt and it has ample power everywhere. yes it is very easy to tune. It loves an OS P3 plug but I am not crazy about the lack of runtimes. When I am really on the gas its a 7 minute engine on a large track and that just wont do for me. As Much as I like it, especially the price, I need more runtime which can be had from a few other engines that all fall in the same price range. I dont think I would buy another one
Old 12-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Alpha's are a very good engines, The have a LOT of power, are very reliable and actually we get very good runtimes with ours. 2090 pipe seems to get better mileage.

Lance
RcRenew
Old 12-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
The A852 is my favorite engine in a truggy, for me probably a little too much in a buggy.

Rex
Old 12-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

When I started racing earlier in the year, I started with "Another" engine company. Brand new motor, professionally broken in. Maybe it was my lack of tuning experience but I had nothing but trouble out of the motor. Could barely finish a race,multiple flame outs,VERY frustrating!! The first night I put my F 850 in my buggy I won the race. I have completely gone to Alpha since then and may have flamed out twice since making the switch!! I love these motors. Some tease me about my choice of motor but I do not care. For the price,power, quality you can't go wrong with an Alpha!!
Old 12-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeauxkor
When I started racing earlier in the year, I started with "Another" engine company. Brand new motor, professionally broken in. Maybe it was my lack of tuning experience but I had nothing but trouble out of the motor. Could barely finish a race,multiple flame outs,VERY frustrating!! The first night I put my F 850 in my buggy I won the race. I have completely gone to Alpha since then and may have flamed out twice since making the switch!! I love these motors. Some tease me about my choice of motor but I do not care. For the price,power, quality you can't go wrong with an Alpha!!
Lutz and many other Alpha drivers do very Well with the ALpha engines. They have proven to be reliable and long lasting engines with as much or more power than anything esle out there no matter the price tag. Its just hard for some people to get off the "Brand" wagon of the other brands sometimes. Fact of the matter is Alphas are awesome engines. And the guys teasing are just ignorant and childish.

But it makes it really fun when you smoke em and prove them wrong.

Lance
RcRenew
Old 12-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
Lutz and many other Alpha drivers do very Well with the ALpha engines. They have proven to be reliable and long lasting engines with as much or more power than anything esle out there no matter the price tag. Its just hard for some people to get off the "Brand" wagon of the other brands sometimes. Fact of the matter is Alphas are awesome engines. And the guys teasing are just ignorant and childish.

Lance
RcRenew
+1
Old 12-31-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Lance
RcRenew
+2
Old 12-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Lance
RcRenew
+3
Old 12-31-2011, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

+4 t and am sure it could go on and on about how happy people are with there alphas
Old 01-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

Lance
RcRenew
Knowledgeable guy here!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IROC-AR15
Knowledgeable guy here!
Indeed