Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Competition heat deuce question..... >

Competition heat deuce question.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Competition heat deuce question.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vladconnery
I would like to know about using the CH with a LIPO as well. If anyones has theres on a LIPO can you post the following please. Really thinking about getting a CH.

1. what cell count are you using ie.. 2s, 3s, 4s

2. What connector did you use?

3. How often do you have to charge the battery.

4. Any other good advice you can throw in.

Thanks
1. 3S lipo 5000 mah

2. The power supply cord has a Deans installed. Makes direct connect easy to most lipos.

3. 5000 mah will last approx. 1 hour

4. Once you purchase your lipo, find a sunglass holder to clip your lipo on to the wing of your buggy/truggy while pre heating, or you can mount it in your starter box.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CompetitionHeat
1. 3S lipo 5000 mah

2. The power supply cord has a Deans installed. Makes direct connect easy to most lipos.

3. 5000 mah will last approx. 1 hour

4. Once you purchase your lipo, find a sunglass holder to clip your lipo on to the wing of your buggy/truggy while pre heating, or you can mount it in your starter box.
Now that was fast!!!! Thanks looking forward to trying your product
Old 10-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rick-O
Yes, That was the plan. As far as dropping the voltage, is there a cheap voltage guage that would do this?
Man, thats going to be one heavy starter box, lol.

Ok, what I would do is install the battery into your box, then bring it up to full charge, operate the box by pushing down 3 or 4 times spinning the wheel, then check your voltage, it should drop pretty quick from 13.6V down to around 12.6V.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Man, thats going to be one heavy starter box, lol.

Ok, what I would do is install the battery into your box, then bring it up to full charge, operate the box by pushing down 3 or 4 times spinning the wheel, then check your voltage, it should drop pretty quick from 13.6V down to around 12.6V.
Ok, maybe it's time to join this century...I've heard good things about Protek LiPO batteries. Can you recommend a specific battery (i know 3s Lipo, but there are several to choose from), and charger (preferably Protek)

Will I need to purchase a connector from the charger to the battery as well? Geez, I'm too old for this....LOL
Old 10-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Ok, maybe it's time to join this century...I've heard good things about Protek LiPO batteries. Can you recommend a specific battery (i know 3s Lipo, but there are several to choose from), and charger (preferably Protek)

Will I need to purchase a connector from the charger to the battery as well? Geez, I'm too old for this....LOL
Before bringing you into this century, does your local track you race at have power? If so, you could use our 120V Deuce and save some $$. Where did you purchase our heater from?
Old 10-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Before bringing you into this century, does your local track you race at have power? If so, you could use our 120V Deuce and save some $$. Where did you purchase our heater from?
Yes they have power, but I like the "portable" idea....which charger would you recommend for this battery?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...k-111V-5000mAh

Would I need to purchase this connector as well?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...llet-Connector

Thanks for all of your help!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That battery would work fine. It already has the deans connector on it.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Rick-O

No slight to protek I use them in my mugen for rx battery. However save yourself some money buy Gen Ace Lipos. Heres a comparison @squid RC regarding the batteries there great and there inexpensive which is a Big Plus.

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/
Old 10-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Honu
That battery would work fine. It already has the deans connector on it.
Which Protek charger would you recommend? Do I need to purchase a connector from the charger to the battery, or does the charger have a deans plug adaptor?
Old 10-13-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Which Protek charger would you recommend? Do I need to purchase a connector from the charger to the battery, or does the charger have a deans plug adaptor?
I'm not familiar with the Protek chargers. I would hate to recommend one and you not be satisfied. I personally use the Trinity I-Balance, it comes with various plug adaptors so you basically have everything you need.

As for lipo batteries, you only need 20-25C rating, you will save money going to a lower C rating.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Heater Malfunction...

Hey guys...I recently bought a new heater 12vdc version (2 weeks ago) and have only used it three times thus far for a total of maybe 4-6 hours of heating. I run it off a 3s orion 4700mah pack. Everything worked great the first couple of times...but now it turns on and off and won't stay heated up. When I wiggle the connecting wire around it comes back to life, but then goes out again. It is difficult to find a position for it to stay powered up. It appears to be some sort of wire connection issue.

Anybody else have this problem? If so, how did you resolve it? Send it in for a replacement?
Old 10-13-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Z4Kevo
Hey guys...I recently bought a new heater 12vdc version (2 weeks ago) and have only used it three times thus far for a total of maybe 4-6 hours of heating. I run it off a 3s orion 4700mah pack. Everything worked great the first couple of times...but now it turns on and off and won't stay heated up. When I wiggle the connecting wire around it comes back to life, but then goes out again. It is difficult to find a position for it to stay powered up. It appears to be some sort of wire connection issue.

Anybody else have this problem? If so, how did you resolve it? Send it in for a replacement?
I have provided you with shipping details and more in your PM box. Any further questions you can email us at [email protected]
Old 10-13-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

I'm not familiar with the Protek chargers. I would hate to recommend one and you not be satisfied. I personally use the Trinity I-Balance, it comes with various plug adaptors so you basically have everything you need.

As for lipo batteries, you only need 20-25C rating, you will save money going to a lower C rating.
Sounds good, I'll check into it....Thanks for your help and patience!!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have provided you with shipping details and more in your PM box. Any further questions you can email us at [email protected]
Grazie! The unit is on its' way.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

How many watts does the 120v Deuce consume. I'm planning to use it with my generator.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.