R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Offroad Nitro Engine Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum-157/)
-   -   Novarossi 21 - 4C Team or Plus 21 4BTT (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum/492209-novarossi-21-4c-team-plus-21-4btt.html)

Chreggan 03-14-2011 02:26 PM

Novarossi 21 - 4C Team or Plus 21 4BTT

Hi all

I have just got myself a losi eight Buggy 2.0 and require to get an engine

I do not know which of the two I should get. The older 21 4C team engine which is now dicounted or the new version the Plus 21 4Btt.

Would u notice a performance diffrence between the 2.

Exhaust recomendations would be of help also

cheers
Chreggan

PowerHouse 03-14-2011 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Chreggan (Post 8800554)
Hi all

I have just got myself a losi eight Buggy 2.0 and require to get an engine

I do not know which of the two I should get. The older 21 4C team engine which is now dicounted or the new version the Plus 21 4Btt.

Would u notice a performance diffrence between the 2.

Exhaust recomendations would be of help also

cheers
Chreggan

Don't be fooled by the hype. The engines are of the same family so they will perform very close and probably so close you won't be able to tell the difference. The timing, engine layout and internal components are interchangable. The only main thing they did was put a new head on it and one version has ceramic balls in the front bearing. If you can get a good deal on the 2010 version, go for it. I still run the 2010 stuff as the new stuff is the same thing with a new look. I would stay with the 9901ss/41021 combo with either Plus 4 version you choose.

houston 03-14-2011 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by PowerHouse (Post 8802556)
Don't be fooled by the hype. The engines are of the same family so they will perform very close and probably so close you won't be able to tell the difference. The timing, engine layout and internal components are interchangable. The only main thing they did was put a new head on it and one version has ceramic balls in the front bearing. If you can get a good deal on the 2010 version, go for it. I still run the 2010 stuff as the new stuff is the same thing with a new look. I would stay with the 9901ss/41021 combo with either Plus 4 version you choose.

have you seen the new sleeve design?

the exhaust is quite a bit different than the older version , not saying that it is a "whole new" engine but that exhaust will make a bit of difference . i will agree with the pipe for buggy , 9853ss or 2084ss for truggy :nod:

andre lim 03-14-2011 10:59 PM

Wat the diff between Plus 21 - 4BTTS and the Plus 21 - 4BTT

am 03-15-2011 01:45 AM

Only difference is the S version has a ceramic front bearing.

Chad Phillips 03-15-2011 04:59 AM

I ran the new 21-4BTTS this past weekend.. all i have to say is WOW.. It runs different that the 21-4C team. more top end, more overall power but very easy to control. The best pipe for it is the 2084. I was using a 6mm insert and the new odonnell speed blend fuel. After 10 minutes of running i had almost half a tank of fuel. in the main we went 12 minutes on a tank and i still could have gone another minute or so.

Rom 03-15-2011 05:24 AM

Hi,

New engines are not here to replace any previous ones. These are new engines and old ones are also in 2011 engine line and they are not discontinued nor should be discounted anywhere.

When it comes to Toro Nero then these are now replaced by engines that go by name Bonito.

BONITO.21-7XLB
BONITO.21-7XLBS

So new engines in plus 21-4 engine line are:

PLUS 21-4BTT
PLUS 21-4BTTS

New or updated features/modifications:
- New cooling head design
- Modified cylinder to improve fuel consumption
- New modified sleeve
- Some modifications on crankcase
- BTT has rear ceramic balls in bearing and BTTS has both bearings with ceramic balls
- Modified back plate design

cheers

PowerHouse 03-15-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 8803015)

the exhaust is quite a bit different than the older version , not saying that it is a "whole new" engine but that exhaust will make a bit of difference . i will agree with the pipe for buggy , 9853ss or 2084ss for truggy :nod:

The exhaust is shaped a little differently from the 4C Team but in order to compensate for the added width of the upper corners of the port area, the lower and mid portion of the port needed to be narrowed as not to exceed the maximum port width/area ratio needed. In lamens terms, the port window needed to be reshaped so the piston wouldn't rock inside the port and create added stress and pre-mature wear to the piston crown. The exhaust surface areas are very very close so as far as the BTT breathing harder than the 4C, they will run very close.

As far as everything else, it pretty much remains the same. The steel ring in the backplate for reduced rod wear is nothing new nor warranted. The rod does walk a little on the pin during operation but nothing so major that requires something to be done on the back plate. The rod bushing wears out long before the rod brushing the backplate from time to time will have any detrimental effects.

Don't get me wrong, the BTT is and will be an awesome engine to have. I am mostly just telling people not to get all flustered with the new engine because there are still alot of people who wish they can afford the $400+ mill and simply can't and I just wanted them to know not to get discouraged as the Plus4 Buggy, 4C and 4C Team will still be very very competative stock or modified against the BTT in overall power delivery and fuel mileage. I have guys getting 11-12 minutes with the stock Plus4's so hearing the BTT in the 11-12 minute club should be no surprise nor some incredible feat. There are other models from Novarossi and other brands that will compare to those numbers.

aussies1129 03-15-2011 04:32 PM

I have seen the +4 teams for around 300 so if you can get one at that save your self some cash but sometimes like me I find it hard not to think that the newest is always the best:cry:, one side of the mind is beating up the other:mad: as its hard to convince the mind into saying that I dont always need the newest best thing out there especially when there is a fair bit of a price difference and the performance is not that far off anyway:nod::cry:.
good luck with it;)

MBX5TR 03-16-2011 12:03 PM

the only engine that has been discontinued is the toro nero all the other engines are still available but as Chad mentioned the new btt engine is very different from the C team edition in every aspect any one of them is a good choice but if money is not a problem i would get the plus 4 btts with my eyes closed

Chreggan 03-16-2011 01:48 PM

Hi all thanks for the replys,

I have ordered the 4btt engine,

:nod:
Chreggan

Wenbiao 03-22-2011 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 8803015)

Houston, is heat cycle recommended for breaking in the btts ? and can we replaced the fitted plug with OS P3 ?

PinoyCali 03-22-2011 10:47 AM

Pipe for truggy

Hello all,

Is btt good for truggy? And what pipe combo?

Thanks...

Chad Phillips 03-22-2011 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by PinoyCali (Post 8842863)
Hello all,

Is btt good for truggy? And what pipe combo?

Thanks...

get the bonito for truggy.. im running BTTS in buggy with 2084 pipe and 6mm restrictor. runtime is over 13 minutes.. temps range from 260-270

alport78 08-12-2011 09:32 AM

I recently bought 21-4c team and need pipe for that , will dynamite 053 a proper choice, I'm a little short on budget for 9901/21. And which plug for high humidity and around 90 degree ambiance temp.