Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin JP1, JP2 or JP3

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Jammin JP1, JP2 or JP3

Okay, I am looking to pick up a pipe. Currently I have a 8T 2.0 with the stock 454 motor as well as my backup 427 from the 1.0 that I am running on the stock pipe.

What pipe would be best for both a short tight course and also for a medium tight course? The medium one has a decent length straigt away, but the short course doesn't really have one.

Thanks
Old 03-01-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

The 454 is basically an LRP Spec 3 28, and back in the day when I was getting a pipe for my LRP, I read around about a lot of guys getting the JP-2 and saying it was the best for the LRP. So that's what I got.. And to this day it's the most fun power combo I've had. The JP-2 is a fantastic all-around pipe.. The 1 and 3 are more limited I think in what engines they work with..

So if it has to be a JP for power in a 454, IMO, JP-2 all the way...

Will be thirsty though..

The JP-4 appears to go OK with the 454 and Mach.., and not drink as much. I have a JP-4 now on a Mach 427, but haven't been able to test much due to winter...

Anyway, yeah, JP-2 for all-out power, JP-4 maybe for better run-time... JP3 might be OK too.. No experience with it though...

My $.02..
Old 03-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I guess it doesn't have to be a JP pipe, just seem to be popular.