Community
Wiki Posts
Search

no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default no start

hey guys,new here and very green to this so dont laugh.i just got a kyosho ST-2 sand master with a GT12S-CR engine [i asume thats a .12 engine?]i have a problem getting it started,i can push the prime button twice and it will fire for a split second and die,i have 30% odonellube fuel and no idea what glow plug is in it,seems to have good compression,like i said it will fire for a second but no matter how many times i pull the rope it will not even try to fire after that first burp,any ideas?
Old 01-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdan
hey guys,new here and very green to this so dont laugh.i just got a kyosho ST-2 sand master with a GT12S-CR engine [i asume thats a .12 engine?]i have a problem getting it started,i can push the prime button twice and it will fire for a split second and die,i have 30% odonellube fuel and no idea what glow plug is in it,seems to have good compression,like i said it will fire for a second but no matter how many times i pull the rope it will not even try to fire after that first burp,any ideas?
DID YOU BUY IT NEW?
Old 01-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Rookie

no,im the third,guy i got it from had never taken it out of the box
Old 01-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

First off I wouldn't recommend 30% in a new engine. That said , a nitro engine HAS to start if it has good fuel, good compression and a good glow plug that's the correct heat range. Return the carb needles to their factory settings ( you'll need the engine manual as not all carb settings are the same) , and try the original equipment glow plug that is spec'd for that engine. If your glow ignitor uses an alkaline battery replace it with a fresh one. Also make sure the carb is open about 1mm at idle. It should start with a fresh plug and the proper needle settings although factory settings are often a little rich, you may have to lean the high speed needle in very small increments to keep it running and keep it from dying when you are accelerating. There are also lots of tuning videos on the web which you might want to check out. Good luck.