Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Team S&W Fuel 2011 race season >

Team S&W Fuel 2011 race season

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team S&W Fuel 2011 race season

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Race Report

S&W fuel took home the win at XRC Raceway in Quarryville PA. The fuel gave me the gas mileage to complete the 25 minute main on two pit stops.

Both of my motors ran cool all day and tune never changed a bit. Big thanks to Brian and Stan for making such a great fuel that gives a consistent tune and that also gives me the edge against the competition.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

S&W Fuel has been nothing but superb. Had a big race this Sat/Sun. Buggy and Truggy both ran great all weekend. Got 5th in C buggy and 3rd in B truggy. Broke a lower arm with seconds left in truggy and gave up the bump spot. Wouldn't have been able to get it fixed in time anyways but I wish some parts were as reliable as my fuel. Tune stayed perfect all weekend and mileage is coming up on my new motors. Thanks again Brian and Stan! Time to go boil some arms.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Round #3 of CRC's Sunday Series was run on 6/18. CRC built a new track for the upcoming Pro Series race. Tires of choice for the new track were the VP Pro Blades in Ultra Flexx compound using VP Pro wheels. The ZX-1.5R buggy felt good, but the new layout was difficult to learn. The track was very busy and needed constant concentration. After a few practice rounds I was getting more familiar with the layout.

Round #1 I had an issue with a steering screw coming loose. I fixed it in time to run the qualifier, but was a lap down. Round #2 came and was running well when my engine developed a lean bog. I finished the round and attributed it to my clunk flipping. The bad qualifiers put me 6th in the B main.

From the start I shot up to 3rd. The set-up felt good with good power.After a lap I was running 1st when my DSM cut out. After a few seconds it came back. I shuffled back to third. This happened a couple more times, but everytime I stayed relaxed and got back up to first. When it was done I finished 1st and bumped to the A.

When the A started I went up to 5th on the start. The track was starting to pull in moisture and the car felt great. The motor really cam alive in the cooler air. I made a few mistakes, but overall felt good on the new track. I had my DSM cut out once again, but after all of that I finished 8th. The GO GX-5R Engine had tons of power and top end on the straight. Fuel mileage was great. Running temps were low all weekend using S&W Fuel Trophy Blend 30%. Tire wear was great.

It was a great day for Caster Racing USA, GO Engines USA, S&W Fuels, and VP Pro tires.

Next race is the Pro Series in Rome, NY on 6/25.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

another great weekend of racing with s&w. motors ran great for me and courtney
Old 06-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default RC PRO Rome NY

Grayek finishes 3rd in buggy
Attached Thumbnails Team S&W Fuel 2011 race season-grayek-rome-ny-rc-pro.jpg  
Old 06-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

2nd A-main buggy (1st time with a buggy in about a year)
DNF Truggy (was in 1st with about 5 minutes left, engine issue)
Old 06-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Bus
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Picked up a galon of your S@W fuel. Excited to try it out! heard lots of great things about fuel mileage!

Picked it up from Boo Mcgill, nice guy great to race with!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Default RC PRO Virginia State Series at the Tiltyard in Dayton VA.

Race report from Brian Miskolczi

"This past weekend I attended the 3rd Round of the RC PRO Virginia State Series at the Tiltyard in Dayton VA. Turnout was great and the competition was tight. I was able to TQ Buggy and Truggy. Turning the only 24 Lap run in qualifying for truggy, qualifiers were 10 mins and I did not have to stop for fuel. In buggy I was able to secure the TQ but just missed out on 24 laps by 4 seconds. In the Buggy main I was able to lead wire to wire in the 45 minute main. In truggy I was leading and lost a throttle servo. Fuel ran awesome and at the 10 minute mark in truck when I broke, there was still and 1/8 of tank of fuel left. Fuel mileage was awesome all weekend. Thanks to Stan and Brian for the great support, the fuel has been remarkable."
Old 07-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Team S&W takes 3rd, 4th and 5th today in truggy A at XRC's summer sizzler cash race. Congrats to David, Brian and me! Thanks again Stan and Brian.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

S&W performed flawless again today 90* and humid.Nobody could keep a tune and the C6 perred like a kitten and screamed like a lion down the straight.Quailified 3rd in truggy(top spots were electric)I actually passed the electric guys to take the lead in the A-main and couple laps in the lead I crashed myself out of the race.Oh well not a points race.I gave away a couple of gallons to some of my competition.Im sure they will like it and want to buy some.Thanks for the great fuel Stan and Brian
Old 07-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Default Nice run Little man!!!!

Zane had a great run Sat night he qualified 5th for the a main. He drove a really smart race he won by over two laps. We have been practicing really hard and now its paying off. The great run times with s and w fuel is also an advantage thanks for your support. Brian McGill & Zane McGill
Attached Thumbnails Team S&W Fuel 2011 race season-zane-mcgill2.jpg  
Old 07-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

ok pretty good weekend for me racing..

saturday was 1 of my local tracks... tq'ed gas truggy, gas buggy. on a side not a few other guys have made the switch to s&w in my area... gas buggy was top 3 where s&w powered.. buggy has a wire issue.. took 7th. won truggy by 7 laps.. gas mains where 20 min. mains.. lots of flame outs for all the other guys... all the guys running the s&w fuels had no fuel/engine issues..

sunday was my other local track... qualified 4th in truggy and 2nd in gas buggy... finished 3rd in truggy and 5th in gas buggy.. again lots of guys having motor/flameouts all day.. motors ran great all day..

next weekend is set a side for testing.. the week after off to the futaba race... hope to see some of the other s&w team guys there... jeremy

Last edited by J.Whiting; 07-04-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone know if a Stan Rauktis is involved with S&W Fuels? Perhaps as a owner/partner/consultant?
Old 07-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
Does anyone know if a Stan Rauktis is involved with S&W Fuels? Perhaps as a owner/partner/consultant?
i dont know stans last name but the philly jynx would.. i believe stan owns the place.. i could be wrong but check with philly on that.. why is there a concern? or just a question for him? jeremy
Old 07-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
i dont know stans last name but the philly jynx would.. i believe stan owns the place.. i could be wrong but check with philly on that.. why is there a concern? or just a question for him? jeremy
No problem. My information could be wrong, but I thought that a Stan Rauktis posted on RCUniverse as The Fuelman. He stopped posting some years ago. His posts were always informative and sometimes controversial, but they seemed spot on. So many break in methods floating around, but his made the most sense. I wish he still posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.