Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

New Werks Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Default Werks soft al. Shoes

Hey guys do you know the differenve between the normal al. 4 shoes and the soft ones??

Do the soft ones grip better? Do they last long enough? Or you just use the normal ones?
Old 08-05-2020, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes the soft aluminum shoes bite better. Being a softer material they provide less slip when engaging. Wear is pretty good on them so do not be concerned about them being one run type shoes or anything like that ;-) Remember that the soft aluminum and carbon shoes are simply tuning aids that are going to allow you to "fine tune" your clutches performance to the track conditions of the day. So we generally start off with the standard aluminum shoes and 1.0 springs and then adjust from there. For high bite/blue groove conditions where you can put the power down without wheel spin we will then go to a more agressive (less slip) type clutch set up by either going up in spring rate to increase engagement RPM and/or also gonig to either 2x soft aluminum/2x normal aluminum shoes for less slip or to 4x sof aluminum shoes (for an even more agressive clutch engagement).

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions?
Old 08-06-2020, 04:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Werks
Yes the soft aluminum shoes bite better. Being a softer material they provide less slip when engaging. Wear is pretty good on them so do not be concerned about them being one run type shoes or anything like that ;-) Remember that the soft aluminum and carbon shoes are simply tuning aids that are going to allow you to "fine tune" your clutches performance to the track conditions of the day. So we generally start off with the standard aluminum shoes and 1.0 springs and then adjust from there. For high bite/blue groove conditions where you can put the power down without wheel spin we will then go to a more agressive (less slip) type clutch set up by either going up in spring rate to increase engagement RPM and/or also gonig to either 2x soft aluminum/2x normal aluminum shoes for less slip or to 4x sof aluminum shoes (for an even more agressive clutch engagement).

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions?
​​​​​​Thank you very much for the fast reply.
You covered all of my questions completely!
I have more than 10 sets of the normal al. Shoes and I was wondering if I need soft ones also and what difference it will make but since I am happy with the performance of the normal shoes I will stick with them for now until I need new shoes!!
​​​​​
Old 08-06-2020, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GeorgeCk
​​​​​​Thank you very much for the fast reply.
You covered all of my questions completely!
I have more than 10 sets of the normal al. Shoes and I was wondering if I need soft ones also and what difference it will make but since I am happy with the performance of the normal shoes I will stick with them for now until I need new shoes!!
​​​​​
Great, glad I was able to answer your questions! As mentioned the softer aluminum shoes are simply a tuning aid and may not be a bad thing to try out one of these days especially if you are running on higher bite tracks.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Werks
Great, glad I was able to answer your questions! As mentioned the softer aluminum shoes are simply a tuning aid and may not be a bad thing to try out one of these days especially if you are running on higher bite tracks.
I will try them out then to see how they feel..!!
Thank you very mu!!
Old 08-13-2020, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Not a problem, if you ever have any questions or require additional info please do not hesitate to contact me!
GeorgeCk likes this.