Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree223Likes

REDS Engines (Mario Rossi)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Maximo
you spun the rod bushing...what brand of fuel do you use ?
We run Nitrolux 25%
Old 04-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by OleC
The inside looked messy. Is that soot on the crancshaft?
I'll strip the motor in full tomorrow and post a few more pics.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam-sweety
We run Nitrolux 25%
I suggest you measure the crankpins.... this will tell us if there is a lubrication issue...if the crankpin is also worn down it means there was a lack lubrication, which can be related to both fuel and tune or a combination of the two
Old 04-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stevo_SC10
Seemed to be easier to drive but also had the xs manifold on it fuel economy was the same as running the 2069 so wonding if i should try it with the s manifold. That would be more top end wouldnt it?
The longer the manifold, the more bottom end torque.

The shorter the manifold, the less bottom end, but more top end scream.

S will give you a little more bottom than xs.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam-sweety
I'll strip the motor in full tomorrow and post a few more pics.
did you get around to this?
personally, it looks like the engine sucked in dirt, its messed up
Old 04-15-2015, 01:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
did you get around to this?
personally, it looks like the engine sucked in dirt, its messed up
now that would suck... the crank on mine has a layer of oil.. onto it.. which seems pretty fine.. always put after run.. for piece of mind.. but yeah i have the Medium manifold on mine... and it pulls along great.... great for medium to long tracks..
Old 04-15-2015, 03:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by DaRaceMasta
now that would suck... the crank on mine has a layer of oil.. onto it.. which seems pretty fine.. always put after run.. for piece of mind.. but yeah i have the Medium manifold on mine... and it pulls along great.... great for medium to long tracks..
Hi
What sort of run times are you getting and which venturis are you using?
Old 04-15-2015, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default cooling head question

are the cooling heads between the R7 and R5 interchangeable?
Just asking as I would like an R7 but would prefer a black cooling head so that it looks 'faster'
Old 04-16-2015, 12:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Berky
are the cooling heads between the R7 and R5 interchangeable?
Just asking as I would like an R7 but would prefer a black cooling head so that it looks 'faster'
I am pretty sure they would be, the R7 and R5 blocks are the same part number and the head button have the same part number also.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MugenMAD
Hi
What sort of run times are you getting and which venturis are you using?
im just running the 7mm venturi and with this pipe 9.5min easily.. but ill report back tomorrow as ill be trying some set ups to see how hard i can push my 998.. excited!
Old 04-18-2015, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

great race practice one thing is clear the engine has pleanty of smooth power and torque hehe.. my assumption of not shimming the clutch cost me a clutch, but the clutch bell is intact lol.. gahh o well now it gives me a excuse to geta buku , reds or other aftermarket kit.. :P .. run time is as said.. effortless ..

we just got the V2 evoke 7 here in sydney ... tempted
Old 04-18-2015, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What's different about the V2?
Old 04-18-2015, 11:35 PM
Tech Addict

what clutch kits are everyone useing for their buggy? as i used a serpnt clutch and it sat far more forward than a standard 3 shoe that i have/had.. anyone used the Novarossi clutch .. and those that have tried the reds which is 32mm diam. is it specific ie kyosho , xray.. i know amain says that reds claims it fits pretty much most brands but.. direct exp from anyone would be great..
Old 04-19-2015, 02:55 AM
Tech Rookie

what clutch kits are everyone useing for their buggy? as i used a serpnt clutch and it sat far more forward than a standard 3 shoe that i have/had.. anyone used the Novarossi clutch .. and those that have tried the reds which is 32mm diam. is it specific ie kyosho , xray.. i know amain says that reds claims it fits pretty much most brands but.. direct exp from anyone would be great..
I have been using the reds 4 shoe clutch for months and am very happy with it. I had to get a reds clutch bell for the mbx7. The 32 mm diam is a bit small but can still start the car with no worries. I have not tried any other clutch type to compare.

I have been struggling with run times on my R5TTE V2. I love the power it makes. I need to retune I guess as I was lucky to get 7 1/2 mins so I was just making over the finish line for our 7 min heats. I have been using the reds 2104 and short manifold.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I've run M2C and now the Reds Quattro, they both work well.
32 mm clutches work best on the XB8, but I don't think it would be a problem on any other car either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.