Wiki Posts
Search

S&W fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
That's like asking the Sprudewood team if Losi is a good car, or Tebo if Kyosho is good...I want opinions from the average Joe on there experience with this fuel.
+1. I myself have not ran the fuel. But i have been around Ben enough to see that he is having zero issues. After being in this hobby for many years, you get to the point where you tune by ear and exhaust smoke. Ben's engines always sound great and do not lack any power. It seems to burn cleaner also. I am thinking about giving the fuel a try myself after i get through my current fuel.
So if you are able to get it readily, i say go for it.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does this fuel have oil developed by Brian Cooper of Coopers fuels?
Old 03-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by voodoopapa
Does this fuel have oil developed by Brian Cooper of Coopers fuels?
Well, Cooper had a hand in some of the development, but all the fuel was manufactured at S&W. Thirty-five years is a long time, and like one would expect, the industries 'key people' typically have some history with one another, or at least a knowledge of who's who.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm certainly interested in trying it out, thank-you to the fast reply Kevin, I've already contacted my LHS and waiting to hear back from them.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX
Thanks again Stan for everything!
Hey Brian , they are some sweet looking rides bro !

who does your bodies ?
Old 03-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BBFBCAP
WOW! That's AWESOME to hear coming from you man. RIGHT ON!!!
Credit where its due , i know a lot about SW and they are industry leaders in RC fuels and oil technology. it dont get any better IMO
Old 03-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
I'm certainly interested in trying it out, thank-you to the fast reply Kevin, I've already contacted my LHS and waiting to hear back from them.
That's terrific Nid. Thanks for the support. You'll likely be the most popular guy in Saskatchewan when you've finished introducing S&W to your race scene there. Heck, your already the points leader! S&W is going to be making you even faster. It would almost become an unfair advantage wouldn't it? Seriously though, thanks again, and I look forward to your reply to my PM.

Originally Posted by MassiveMods
Credit where its due , i know a lot about SW and they are industry leaders in RC fuels and oil technology. it dont get any better IMO
Nuff Said!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 02:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I see S&W are mixing the massivemods Amain Fuel. I've used the castor based version of this fuel (C2) and its excellent.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I see S&W are mixing the massivemods Amain Fuel.
True for the US AMain fuel.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

I see S&W are mixing the massivemods Amain Fuel. I've used the castor based version of this fuel (C2) and its excellent.
Thanks Voodoo I appreciate the compliment bro

Just some quick back ground , A MAin fuels have been on the scene for just under 2.5 years so its well tested and proven , rewinding back further still i designed and made a range of fuels that were used and loved Bla BLa Bla Anyway ! , in that time we have nabbed podiums on over 6 State Titles and 5 National Title Wins for 2009 ALONE ! thats more than all of our competition put together !

On top of that two of the national titles went to Boat and Plane engine
wins ...

1st A outboard Nat Titles 2009 Craig Murphy

3rd Speed Plane Nat Titles 2009 Ron Blombery 153 MPH !!!

Now when you make a fuel for RC cars the most they have to cater for is some short bursts of WOT , mayby 3 to 5 seconds MAX ! Thats easy to accommodate for.... But the engine is most likely blowing up At WOT , ( Wide Open Throttle ) an engine is running up to 30,000 RPM ... thats a lot ! !

Both the Plane and Boat guys run at WOT for up to 5 MINUTES ! Under extreme loads ! For a fuel to deliver and indeed win under those circumstances and INDEED for those engines to be re used again and again as these have been , there needs to be some serious fuel design and oils used !

If you want to WIN and Keep Winning Use MassiveMods fuels ! Avail now all over the world !

Cheers MM
Old 04-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Voodoo I appreciate the compliment bro

Just some quick back ground , A MAin fuels have been on the scene for just under 2.5 years so its well tested and proven , rewinding back further still i designed and made a range of fuels that were used and loved Bla BLa Bla Anyway ! , in that time we have nabbed podiums on over 6 State Titles and 5 National Title Wins for 2009 ALONE ! thats more than all of our competition put together !

On top of that two of the national titles went to Boat and Plane engine
wins ...

1st A outboard Nat Titles 2009 Craig Murphy

3rd Speed Plane Nat Titles 2009 Ron Blombery 153 MPH !!!

Now when you make a fuel for RC cars the most they have to cater for is some short bursts of WOT , mayby 3 to 5 seconds MAX ! Thats easy to accommodate for.... But the engine is most likely blowing up At WOT , ( Wide Open Throttle ) an engine is running up to 30,000 RPM ... thats a lot ! !

Both the Plane and Boat guys run at WOT for up to 5 MINUTES ! Under extreme loads ! For a fuel to deliver and indeed win under those circumstances and INDEED for those engines to be re used again and again as these have been , there needs to be some serious fuel design and oils used !

If you want to WIN and Keep Winning Use MassiveMods fuels ! Avail now all over the world !

Cheers MM
Just curious....whats the total oil % in your 30% nitro fuel?
Old 04-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Massive mods I guess you do not wish to disclose the oil% in your fuel? wonder why? whats there to hide?
Old 04-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Oil package in large part is what makes the fuel, some fuel vendors dont like to give out that info.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by killabud
The Oil package in large part is what makes the fuel, some fuel vendors dont like to give out that info.
I understand if someone wants to keep the ratio of synthetic, castor and other oils but the total oil content is what I was asking.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by xjqkz
I understand if someone wants to keep the ratio of synthetic, castor and other oils but the total oil content is what I was asking.

I can't speak for the other brand of fuel in particular, but rather S&W only. It's a question I'm often asked, but it makes no sense to me why people ask it unless their chemists or something!?! LOTS of money and LOTS of research and LOTS of years of experience, go into the blending of modern day fuels, but people still feel the overwhelming desire to know "the oil content". I have to ask you...why do you want to know exactly? You could use either S&W or A-Main fuels under ANY race conditions, and have your engine experiencing perfect temperatures and lubrication. I realize it may just be out of curiosity, and that's perfectly understandable, but you really shouldn't judge a fuel by it's lubrication percentage, but more for it's overall capability.

If you had two lubricants side by side, and both of them performed identically across the board, or slightly better even, for the one with the 'new lubricant' in it, would you buy the 'new amazing one' that had 6% of that awesome new lubricant that's taking the industry by storm, or stick to the traditional one that had 12%? Point here is simply that lubricants are becoming more and more effective in model fuel, so the good ol' days of worrying about percentages are QUICKLY coming to an end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.