Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AXE ROSSI Engine thread.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

This thread does seem to be dead, I have three X2's man I just love them 8+ min's running hard with 8mm venturi with my truggy running 50-15 gearing. I have never had a problem, broke them in properly, I put two litres through them racing before replacing the rods and when I inspected them they had no slop at all but I replaced them anyway, I sometimes feel that all to often people short-cut the break-in procedure with most engines and I know how tight these things are I could imagine how much strain and pressure would be put on a rod in this engine if it were to be run to hard to soon and it doesn't surprise me one little bit that this is a common problem with this engine for that reason, its the Rolls-Royce engine of RC
Old 02-11-2013, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Axe Rossi

I wonder if it's dead because of the REDS engine I think is Axe Rossi Based??

If so, too bad the engine isn't labeled as an Axe product. I agree they have made high quality products. Also, I agree that break in is important and short cutting the process will pose problems down the road.

I hope they come out with something down the road.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Reds is Picco based.. Axe is Nova???
Old 06-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Axe Rossi Serpe

Originally Posted by thenova70ss
The Serpe Motor is a GREAT motor for a buggy. I run it in my buggy on a BAD Dusty track wear you could not use all the Power and the motor worked Great it was so Smooth it help me keep from Blowing the tires off coming out of the corners. I ran it in the 2nd Round of the Arkansas Pro Series and Qualified 2 in the A Maine with the motor and had some troubles and had to drop out of the race but the Little Serpe motor is a GOOD motor for the Price it cant be Beat.
hi im justin and i bought an axe rossi serpe 3 months ago and decided to put it inside my kyosho inferno 7.5 kanai ii i brought it to my local hobby shop to swap the clutch and flywheel because i previously install the associated rc8.2 but never started it the owner of the store was tapping the flywheel to take it off other than using a flywheel remover tool and the aplier scratched the bottom of the crankcase which made a dent.. and now the engine is stuck when it turns to the bottom.. i was pissed off but he told me he is gonna fix it so he went online and started to look for a new crankcase but he couldnt find one so he bought an axe rossi sport online and told me the crankcase is the same as the serpe???! but from my knowledge the serpe is 8 port bur sport is 7 dose it fit? please reply thanks
Old 06-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Axe Rossi Serpe

Hi guys i really need some help and i wish someone can please reply i recently bought an axe rossi serpe and installed it on an rc8.2 but never run it or start it and want to install it on to my kanai ii so i took it to local hobby shop to get the flywheel and clutch swap he took a plier and start hitting the flywheel to get it out other than using a flywheel remover tool and he scratched/dented the bottom of the crankcase which dent in and now my engine cant turn over because it gets stuck at the bottom from the dent so he tries to look for a new case couldnt find one and told me he bought an axe rossi sport and told me they have the same crankcase??! but from my knowledge the axe rossi sport is a 7 port but the serpe is 8 port can someone please tell me if the crankcase is the same? i really need a reply and help thanks!
Old 05-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just picked up a brand new 173 R12 X3. How does this compare to other similar motors, like the Novarossi 353?
Old 04-20-2018, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If I remember from the past, Axe is Axe Rossi and Nova is Nova Rossi. Rossi. Nova Rossi kept the name. In the early years, there was a Black Magic, Golde They were two brothers who use to work for the same company. Ugo, or the other brother Mario broke off and started Axe or I think at the time was originally called Just n Arrow which had an Alien looking head. There was later an LSK and then some sports type engines. The Black Magic during it's time to me was like the GRX Engine for Speed racer. At the time the engine was just stupid. lots of power, 4 wheel burnout on asphault. Break In was quit long, and if done right, then engine could take some serious abuse without failure. Although i think the engine did have a faulty connecting rod early on which was fixed. I still have a black magic and I don't think I have ever leaned the engine to its max power. There has never been a need to. The engine ran really strong even when a little on the rich side. I have wanted a Golden Arrow for some time. I have a Black Magic and an LSK engine and also a .12 engine in my onroad car. The .12 I don't think is that good although I have not leaned it out fully as well. I would like to own a REDs engine, but, seeing how our track has closed, I can't justify the purchase.