Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EB Mods JS Engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Tech Adept

Default HSN

Hey guys, are any of you guys having trouble with your HSN? When I first got my JS I noticed that the 'O' rings had broken and coming out of the top of the needle. I decided to get some new 'O' rings and installed them myself. What a mission! It was super tight and it did the same thing with the rubber coming out. It is also very tight to tune now, very, very tight.

Other than that, I really like it. I was getting 10+ minutes in the final the other day using a GO 2072 pipe with plenty of power
Old 06-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TheFcuddy
I gotta start over. My Full Mod is running alright but I don't think it's running like it could or should be. It's hauling my truggy around with good authority but I saw a race prep go today in a buggy and that had me asking questions. It sounded angry and it ran down my MTE and that thing is not slow. Honestly, it flat out distracted me while I was trying to drive. After the race I found out that angry sounding stupid fast engine was a race prep.

My setup: P5, RE10 Pipe, 30% Byrons

High Speed needle is 2.5 turns out from bottom or half a turn in from flush.

Low Speed is 3.5 + turns from the bottom or 1 1/4 in from flush.

I put a new plug in a few tanks ago, it currently has a shiny bronzed look on the face, the coil is greyish red, looks shot and the glows weak. These things are getting expensive...

I notice when I go to pit the engine is idling high, like the low speed is lean or my idle gap is too big. This only happens when I have the engine hot because I am worried about it flaming out when I am warming up the motor on the box, it's from one extreme to the other. Temp wise I am around 240 on my gun, for what that is worth. I feel like it's the low speed being too lean but only a few hour turns ago I was told I was too rich, pulling filaments out of plugs, browned plug faces, and flame outs. Now I might be too lean. My fuel mileage went out the window too, I needed to stop twice in a 20 min main. Two weeks ago I stopped once and still had fuel to spare. I am lost in the sauce here! Granted I am not flaming out and my truggy is jumping everything with ease, I know something is not right. This all stems back to a race prep blowing the doors off me and my Full Mod ain't turning heads like it should.

So this engine has been received and inspected, and the owner has been notified and admits to his error. This was a TRUE user error and not an engine problem or issue to clarify things. It would be nice if Cuddy could come in here and post and maybe apologize for the multiple post about the engine issues he was having that caused people to panic. When the engine problems were caused by his actions.

*** NOTE *** please NEVER bottom the LSN and count the number of turns out. This will damage the emulsion tube (spray-bar) This was not the issue with FCuddy's engine but I needed to point this out. Always set the LSN using the Flush with throttle arm method.

Last edited by EBMods; 06-30-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bopracer
Hey guys, are any of you guys having trouble with your HSN? When I first got my JS I noticed that the 'O' rings had broken and coming out of the top of the needle. I decided to get some new 'O' rings and installed them myself. What a mission! It was super tight and it did the same thing with the rubber coming out. It is also very tight to tune now, very, very tight.

Other than that, I really like it. I was getting 10+ minutes in the final the other day using a GO 2072 pipe with plenty of power
bopracer,
I am sorry to hear this... I inspect and flow all the carbs and usally find this problem before they ever leave the shop, but I guess this one stuck by me. Are you bottoming the HSN out when the O-Rings tear?
Old 06-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Old 06-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jborunda
I hope not to have so many problems like the guys above, and if I do have, i hope you can help me.

Thanks again

Please don't be fooled by the negative posts. 99% of the post in here are all positive. Help is always a phone call away....
Old 06-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hopupking
I saw a head snap off of a team drivers motor last weekend. He said it was the second one that he broke. Has anyone else had this problem.
If it's the second one then that means the first one was replaced? I haven't heard of anyone breaking heads off. Maybe you should let this Team Driver know I would VERY much like to speak with him.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

The new JS flywheel, clutches, & springs look good Ed. Cant wait to try them out.

I still dont understand where all this complaining is coming from. Customer service doesnt get any better than this guys! We are VERY lucky to have Joe and Ed answering all JS engine questions here. Dont listen to the haters...these engines scream!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EBMods
I have been running this clutch setup for the last 2-3 months in my d8t with great success.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T Wright
The new JS flywheel, clutches, & springs look good Ed. Cant wait to try them out.

I still dont understand where all this complaining is coming from. Customer service doesnt get any better than this guys! We are VERY lucky to have Joe and Ed answering all JS engine questions here. Dont listen to the haters...these engines scream!
+1

Ive had more TQ and Wins this season than ever before and fighting an ARMY of Werks B5's with my full Mod JS. The tide is changing though and I think the Army is starting to DEFECT! If I cant get any shops to carry the engine here locally I may just have to become a dealer myself and buy a few. I would have no hesitation in doing so. As a matter of fact Ill be giving Joe a call in the morning to see what it will take to do so.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Adept

bopracer,
I am sorry to hear this... I inspect and flow all the carbs and usally find this problem before they ever leave the shop, but I guess this one stuck by me. Are you bottoming the HSN out when the O-Rings tear?
No, they tear when just going in. I'm going to let our importer look at the carb over here. I'm sure he can sort something out for me. I guess having it tight ensures no air will leak.

Cheers.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LUV DA AIR
+1

Ive had more TQ and Wins this season than ever before and fighting an ARMY of Werks B5's with my full Mod JS. The tide is changing though and I think the Army is starting to DEFECT! If I cant get any shops to carry the engine here locally I may just have to become a dealer myself and buy a few. I would have no hesitation in doing so. As a matter of fact Ill be giving Joe a call in the morning to see what it will take to do so.
Check out my site if you are in need of these engines. I can have one to your door in 2 days from when you place the order!

www.twisted-rc.com/shop
Old 07-01-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
+1 i ran a brand new one today and it fired up and ran like a beast all day.
I saw that!!!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

I had a couple problems with my engine. I talked to Ed and he had me send it in to him. He worked with me and I will be a returning customer to JS engines (Maybe clutches/pipes/.23 who knows ) but I have NO complaints about this engine. at all. Great power band, run-time and most importantly customer service. Not many other engine companies can you call the company and actually talk to someone who knows what they are talking about and will help you as much as they can. JUST my .02.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fletcher6371
Not many other engine companies can you call the company and actually talk to someone who knows what they are talking about and will help you as much as they can. JUST my .02.
Thank you! We appreciate your business and your post.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

So this engine has been received and inspected, and the owner has been notified and admits to his error. This was a TRUE user error and not an engine problem or issue to clarify things. It would be nice if Cuddy could come in here and post and maybe apologize for the multiple post about the engine issues he was having that caused people to panic. When the engine problems were caused by his actions.

*** NOTE *** please NEVER bottom the LSN and count the number of turns out. This will damage the emulsion tube (spray-bar) This was not the issue with FCuddy's engine but I needed to point this out. Always set the LSN using the Flush with throttle arm method.
I was having trouble with my JS and came on here looking for help because I could not find it anywhere else. Not one person would come down to the pits to help me out (I just moved to the area, new to 1/8 nitro and don't know many people). I came to a dead end and sent the engine to EBMods and it turns out I was at fault. Not surprised, I figured I had done something wrong. As far as me causing this "panic," I do not understand. I have nothing to do with a bitter ex-team driver or a vendor who has fails to pay accounts payable nor the controversy they cause. As far as help is concerned, I know where to find it now. Good luck to you guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.