Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Picco P7R, or Sirio Kanai EVO IV, or Nova 367/21-5 ? It's so hard to choose! >

Picco P7R, or Sirio Kanai EVO IV, or Nova 367/21-5 ? It's so hard to choose!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Picco P7R, or Sirio Kanai EVO IV, or Nova 367/21-5 ? It's so hard to choose!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Picco P7R, or Sirio Kanai EVO IV, or Nova 367/21-5 ? It's so hard to choose!

Ok so I have a HPI Savage, and am looking for a new engine to get into the racing scene with. I like the OS Max, but I hear it only lasts about 4 gallons or so? How mnay tanks do you have on yours? I have always loved Piccos, but I hear they have alot of carb problems, etc. Sirios are nice too.. as Novarossis.

Help me choose! I wanna hear about durability, power and good pipes.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5Toesss
Ok so I have a HPI Savage, and am looking for a new engine to get into the racing scene with. I like the OS Max, but I hear it only lasts about 4 gallons or so? How mnay tanks do you have on yours? I have always loved Piccos, but I hear they have alot of carb problems, etc. Sirios are nice too.. as Novarossis.

Help me choose! I wanna hear about durability, power and good pipes.
Picco has long since resolved their carb issues with the current design they use.

If its going on a Savage; I'd put the Picco on it in a heartbeat. Great torque, long life, easy to tune and you can find them cheap compared to the other engines.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

i have a p7r evo 2 in my rc8 and it runs great. never had a problem with it.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

like evey other thread I bet someone will come in pumping go tech, even though no one was asking about them.

How do you start a race engine in a savage?
Old 03-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

why not a Go-tech! Just kidding, couldn't resist..I have lots of experiences with the Jammin/Picco engines and they are all awesome!

Easy break in, Tons of power, great run times, smooth power band, excellent longevity and easy to tune..great prices also..You will not be disappointed with any of their race engines
Old 03-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah, +1 on the PICCO P7R. But, get the EVO3 tho. It is much smoother, and the torque is awesome. Don't get Nova 367. I used to have one in my ST-RR. It is very hard to tune, and doesn't have enough torque for truggy.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks

Yes the Piccos are flashy, and cheap. I especially love the black coating on them. So yeah, I like that Jammin .21 too, though I would rather have the Picco.

So what exhaust would you recommend? I want something hard anodized, such as the Dynamite 053 or JP-3. Not those ugly chrome ones that Picco makes. I would also liek it to work with the original engine well too, for practice.

Oh and with a good break-in, how many gallons do you suppose I could put through this mill? 6 or so?
Old 03-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

053 pipe will be a good all around pipe...get a 7 MM venturi and you should get 10+ minute run times once fully broken in, with a good tune Initial break in is about 30 minutes, but you will have to heat the engine before starting until more than 1/2 gallon...Get a heat gun...... you will not see the full potential of these engines until after a gallon of fuel..if you know how to tune, and take care of your engine..keep your air filter clean...8-12 gallons of fuel is possible..If you dont want to replace the bearings or the rod, preheat to 175 every time you run it..these engines are not worth a full rebuild as its almost the same price as buying a new engine..good luck, have fun...Maximo is the Picco pro on RCtech as far as I'm concerned...find him if you have any more questions
Old 03-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hard choice I love Nova based engines. However I am currently running 3 PICCO's and I love them. By they way there is absolutely nothing wrong with a GO Tech there great engines at an even better price. Have run them as well. I don't care what engine you speak on someone on this site or any other site hates a particular engine. The Go Tech Basher might want to check the motorama results. 3 or more of the top 8 finishers ran GO Tech's. The winner ran a EBM5. Two others that I personally know ran off the shelf GO 7P's in buggy and GO 5P's in truggy. Finishing top 8 in the A-Main in both class's Hows that for bang for the Buck. Top 8 finish for $169-$199 dollars.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Well...

Well I suppose a $249 Picco, (about $40 more than a GO) and a DYNAMITE 053, will beat some ass out on the track. What do you say? Do you think a cold plug and some 30% percent fuel help the cause? Or do you racers run something a little different?
Old 03-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

I run Picco med plugs. I suggest only using Picco plugs. There are other plugs that will work however picco taper and length is different than other plugs. Oh and the price of the Picco is definitely a strong selling point. I just don't like to see people bashing GO's when they are good engines. I hardly think they would sell or even more to the point win if they were garbage.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think he needs a roto or pull start so that rules out the evo2 evo3 etc the picco 28 is good axial is good etc
Old 03-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

why would i want to check race results last time i checked an engine has never won a race.
simply put for $200 you can better engines than go techs. Like many cheap engine brands, they show up pn our shores, people run them, some people think they are the holy grail, and defend them to death even though many people have issues with them.

Does STS ring a bell to anyone?

Take the EB mods engine, im sure its decent and the qulity is there but all the parts are hand matched and you pay allot for that. For $340 that mill costs you could be running a +4.

finally Im sick of seeing "buy a go tech, mine runs twenty minutes on a tank and pulls everything on the straight, but can you tell me the base needle settings and what glow plus to use" in every thread about engines.

Just so I dont seem all that biased I had a Vspec three or four years ago with bad bearings that ran better than the 7 port I use to run.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks for the idea

OK, so I notice all this talk about how I am going to start it.. Honestly, I havn't even thought about that! What would you recommend?
Old 03-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
why would i want to check race results last time i checked an engine has never won a race.
simply put for $200 you can better engines than go techs.
Actually that statement proves my point.

I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you. All we ever end up with is wet shoes.

I give no credit to any engine it's purely driver and set up. Seen RBS5 whoop C6's like they stole something. Allot goes in to a race much more than an engine. Rarely have I seen sheer power and speed be the deciding difference in a race. However if there is a $169 dollar engine out there better than a GO 5 let me know. I am always open to being educated. Hell thats why I don't buy speeds or C6's cause I can win for half the price. Just as much as I enjoy seeing a guy whip a speed around the track like it's on rails. I equally enjoy seeing the guy who spent $500 thinking it would make him faster. However it actually made him slower cause he couldn't control it. You and I are of different opinions and lets just leave it at that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.