Radical Engines

Old 07-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Radical Engines

Hello everyone, I am the new importer for the Radical engines and IRC Racing products. We have taken over the reins of Internet-RC and IRC Racing and are proud to continue to support the racers. We now have the 621T's and 621P's in stock as well as the highly sought after Truggy .28 engines. If anyone has any questions or concerns I would like to hear from you. Please visit our site at www.gotnitroonline.com.

~Dave
Old 07-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Do you have plenty of engines in stock....or are you ordering as people order?
Old 07-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Engines in stock

No need for special order for anything. We have the engines and most parts in stock, remainder of parts and more engines coming over the next couple weeks.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

They were the best engines I had ever ran....used to be on the race team. Really hated to see them go away.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Were back!

Well they went away for a bit but they are back to stay. I need to get these new 2008 motors out there. We run them here locally in Seattle and they are smoking past everything. The key is running the motor during the first 20 minutes of it's life. Have you heard of the heating the motor up with a heating guin before you even run it? Makes the world of differance.

Get Radical with Gotnitro were back!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gotnitro2
Well they went away for a bit but they are back to stay. I need to get these new 2008 motors out there. We run them here locally in Seattle and they are smoking past everything. The key is running the motor during the first 20 minutes of it's life. Have you heard of the heating the motor up with a heating guin before you even run it? Makes the world of differance.

Get Radical with Gotnitro were back!
That's a common thing for some engines.....I broke in all my Rads. with the heat cycle method. Got remarkable power and life out of them.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

I'm new to nitro cars and have never herd of Radical engines, But I have herd of OPS (I've owned a couple of them for boats). If there making them, I'm sure it's a good motor.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow, these are back? I thought that they were long gone! Have they changed at all since the last run about a year ago? I will pick one up if I like what I see. why did they go away? TKO Comp Development has the OPS versions as well.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey, Do you want to know how to bring these engines back into the spotlight? Well, for starters, put a great deal of info on these forums. Post pictures of the internals so that members can see the craftsmanship and factory modding (if they still do that). Next, post videos of these engines in action! Finally send motors to professional tuners such as Powerhouse, AB and RB to get professional reviews of the motors. Finally, send samples to the magazines for testing. Post the reviews on the forums and I guarantee that these motors will sell like crazy. Many racers have heard the legend of the Radical and OPS motors but have not seen or run them. Get the word out and the Radical motor will be back kick'n A@@!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:51 AM
Tech Regular

i am soooo happy to see these engines back...in all my years of racing i have had many engines..but none,and i do mean none have ever been as nice as the ops engines.

i ran a couple of them before i had a bad accident and had to stop racing for while..they were simply awesome!!

there was less play on the conrod/crankpin after 6 gallons than there was on a new rb/os!!

the 21t torque version was insane on the bottom end,you didnt need to have a heavy trigger finger to clear anything,almost felt like an electric the bottom end was so smooth and progressive with absolute bucketloads of torque,you could use soft springs and let the engine do the work,but it still had lots of top speed.
fuel economy was very good with 9 mins and this is on a high grip astro track in the uk where fuel economy isnt the best.

the 21p power version was a bit milder on the bottom..but O M G when it hit mid throttle it was like it snatched another gear..crazy top end and it just pulled and pulled..i never found a straight long enough to run out of revs!

i ran my old ops 21t last week at club level in an 808 buggy i borrowed as im just getting back to racing again..its done 13 gallons and had no compression and the bearings were shot but i got TQ with it and finished 2nd!
sadly its a paperweight now and i was gutted after sunday..now i can smile again,i cant believe the timing of this post lol

you have to get one of these engines guys,i swear hand on my heart you will not want to run anything again,they dont need any modding at all,the fit and finish is superb and the liner already has some neat work done to them.

they will do 10 gallons+ easy with maybe a bearing change at 6 gallons if you want to be safe,i changed mine but they were ok,just to be on the safe side.

they run pretty cool to at around 215-220,the p3 turbo plugs last forever in them too

im buzzing

dave
uk
Old 07-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone given the new 2008 run of engines a try? I am interested to see if they have gone unchanged.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Do you have a sample I could try?
Old 07-31-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

i *think* the internals have gone unchanged..which isnt a bad thing in my eyes..

hopefully should have some internal pictures soon.

dave
Old 07-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ya, I would gladly take a free or discounted one to do a long term test and write up. Hey, new Radical distributer, are you interested?
Old 07-31-2008, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

you know what was the biggest plus for me with the ops/radical engines,the reliability of them.

if the engine cut then you knew something was up,stone jammed or fuel line snagged etc..they just didnt flame out,ever.

come in after a 30-45min final and it would just sit and tickover as quiet and smooth as anything,no hanging high or burbling,awesome.

so if they remain the same with a different head on them then thats great,if they have improved them any(altho i dont quite know where or how they could) then thats unbelievable!

dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.