RB Concept Engine Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default RB Concept Engine Thread

Hi guys

as many of you may or may not know RB Concept went through a transition as the end of last year and the first part of this year. We have been up and running here in the USA since the first of February and have been doing our best to get back in touch with all of our dealers that lost touch with us during our transition period.

My name is Kevin Wiese and i work for RB Products France handling their tech support and aftersales support here in the USA. I wanted to let people know that if there are ever any technical questions anyone would like answered i will do my best to help anyone out that needs support for our products.

While our forum at www.rbproducts.com is the best place to find FAQ and support, i understand that there are alot of people that are diehard supporters and followers of RCTECH.NET and i wanted to make sure that owners of our enginer and products know we are here to do our best backing our product.

I offer my help to those that are interested, but i would like to make it clear that i am not on here to be bashed if someone has a problem with a product of ours. There are channels for people to take if they encounter a problem with a product of ours so please keep this forum a place to ask questions. I am in daily contact with our headquarters in France and speak with Rody on a daily basis so if there is a technical question you have feel free to ask and if i do not know the answer i will ask the source for their thoughts or ideas.

Again, thank you to all of our followers and supporters

RB Inc
Old 11-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Last edited by Jamie Corrado; 11-10-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:13 PM
See
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Hi Kevin glad to hear we have a place to go for tech questions with the RB line.I am a die hard Rb guy for about the last 4 years after a good friend of mine Billy Bowerman introduced them to me so good luck getting things on track.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I read that the Xenon R uses the AAC piston/sleeve technology and all of the other RB engines are still ABC. Why is this and how does it affect the longevity of the piston/sleeve fit?
Old 11-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

hello ESWLFSE

the xenonr is an AAC engine, it is the only engine in our program that uses the aluminum sleeve, all the other engines use ABC sleeve sets.

the life of the AAC xenonr motor greatly depends on how they are broken in and taken care of during their life.

the reason for the AAC design of the xenonr is power, when the engine is up to operating temp the internals are very free moving.

of all the onroad engines we offer, the xenonr is the fastest in our program, even compared to our modified RODY tuned 01006_RC. The C6RC is undoubtedly a fast engine but doesnt have the same acceleration or top speed as the xenonr

what one needs to be very careful with on the xenonr's is the operating temps, if you overheat the engine more than a few times its likely you can loose the pinch of the engine.

ABC engines are more forgiving when it comes to being overheated a time or two so for the less experienced tuner we recommend the C6RC, its plenty fast for 95% of drivers out there, but for the 5% that are looking for the ultimate weapon in their arsenal the XenonR is the way to go, take your time with its break in and make sure to preheat the engine for a few minutes before putting it on the track, but when its tuned and ready it will be a rocket ship.

the reason we have the AAC engine in the line up is beause people kept asking for something faster and faster. The XenonR uses the latest technology and materials to provide that at a reasonable cost compared to many of the other high end on road engines out there on the market

RB Inc
Old 11-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dropping by to say what's up..

Chris
Old 11-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

thank you,good to know there are guys that are willing to help. looking forward to a great relationship with RB
Old 11-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

I just need to say it, the RB C6BB is damn kick ass!!! I should buy the C6BB7T now...
Old 11-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dremelboy View Post
hello ESWLFSE

the xenonr is an AAC engine, it is the only engine in our program that uses the aluminum sleeve, all the other engines use ABC sleeve sets.

the life of the AAC xenonr motor greatly depends on how they are broken in and taken care of during their life.

the reason for the AAC design of the xenonr is power, when the engine is up to operating temp the internals are very free moving.

of all the onroad engines we offer, the xenonr is the fastest in our program, even compared to our modified RODY tuned 01006_RC. The C6RC is undoubtedly a fast engine but doesnt have the same acceleration or top speed as the xenonr

what one needs to be very careful with on the xenonr's is the operating temps, if you overheat the engine more than a few times its likely you can loose the pinch of the engine.

ABC engines are more forgiving when it comes to being overheated a time or two so for the less experienced tuner we recommend the C6RC, its plenty fast for 95% of drivers out there, but for the 5% that are looking for the ultimate weapon in their arsenal the XenonR is the way to go, take your time with its break in and make sure to preheat the engine for a few minutes before putting it on the track, but when its tuned and ready it will be a rocket ship.

the reason we have the AAC engine in the line up is beause people kept asking for something faster and faster. The XenonR uses the latest technology and materials to provide that at a reasonable cost compared to many of the other high end on road engines out there on the market

RB Inc
...........is an AAC engine plated with Nikasil like in 2-stroke motocross engines?........or????????
Old 11-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In your line of 21 offroad engines what would be the best for a truggy
Old 12-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

hello taylorm

none of the engines in our program are nikasil plated, i spoke with the factory this morning and the liners are hard chromed and the pistons are either billet aluminum or cast aluminum but there is no coating on any part of the pistons.

hope that helps

thanks

kevin @ RB USA
Old 12-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

hello iceman76

deciding on a truggy motor can be a toughie, i really need more info on the kind of truggy you are running, where you live, what kind of fuel you run, how big are the tracks where you live, do you want to play or race?

all of these things are importaint when it comes to choosing a motor for your kit, give me more info and i will give you a better answer

thanks

kevin @ RB USA
Old 12-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Kevin,

is the Xenon R still available? I can't find any retailers that have any. If it is available, what is the best pipe/manifold combo?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 12-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bsmooth View Post
Kevin,

is the Xenon R still available? I can't find any retailers that have any. If it is available, what is the best pipe/manifold combo?

Thanks,
Steve
Steve you have PM
Old 12-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

hi bsmooth....aka steve

the XenonR's are still available and will be for a long time to come, Uriah Murnan is one of the biggest buyers of that particular engine.

the guys at amain hobbies have started to buy these as well, they are looking to get involved with the onroad scene more heavily next year.

if you need to find the engines simply send me an email at [email protected] and i will put you in touch with someone that has them in stock.

thanks again

kevin @ RB USA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.