Search
Like Tree2Likes

Go-Tech Engines Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motomatt
This reminds me of when Caster named their engine the grenade.

Does this make GO Engine the top turkey??

I couldn't help posting this .......................just the way my twisted mind works.
"top gobbler"
ah only in america
Old 11-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

can someone give me a price on a gx7r cooling head? and do you take creditcard?
Old 11-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motomatt
This reminds me of when Caster named their engine the grenade.

Does this make GO Engine the top turkey??

I couldn't help posting this .......................just the way my twisted mind works.
Moto your not to TWISTED
Old 11-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
can someone give me a price on a gx7r cooling head? and do you take creditcard?
Send Motomatt a pm. He is a really nice twisted guy. And he will treat you right.Just dont tell him i sent ya.

Last edited by teamlosi906; 11-17-2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: add
Old 11-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by grizz1
It will be an interesting experiment - let us know how it goes. The punch of the 5 Port might be a little hard on the drive chain, but it won't be slow off the mark !! If it's a really tight track with no long straights it might be cool.
I was picturing you running it on a full size track, where I think it would lack the top end to be competitive.
I guess my main concern was people bagging the motor on here later, when it was being used for something it wasn't designed for or intended for. Just me being paranoid, but you know how it goes on these forums sometimes
Hiya...

Dont worry u can relax as i know this is a off road engine hence timing and rev will be different.

Replaced with a nova rossi carb, old c5 cooling head, nova medium conical manifold and 2072 pipe. Heated engine with blow torch till chassis very warm...started straight away and gently running in blipping throttle. keeping temp about 180f... cooled down with piston BDC. Once cooled repeated with 5 tanks and started tuning (i always heat engine before starting !!!).....
Bottom end was ballistic !!! Can tell bottom and mid was quicker than my on road engines like the sirio...think more bottom than my 35plus21.... top end was ok but i was getting towards maxing out rev as my second speed is too short (19/46 which suited the sirio...going for 20/44 next time !!!!).oh i was using the softest clutch setting (0.4mm gap, 0.5mm tension mugen silver spring and 0.1 end play.... as i didnt want to rev engine too much !!!

Now i can remove con rod from engine as before running in i couldnt take rod out !!! no play in rod..getting mirrored finished at top of sleeve. Dont think i will able to start engine if cold as there is still ton of compression

PS we need a on road version then i wouldnt have to pay alot $$$$$$$$ for
engines as p/r/s set on nova cost more than this engine !!! Hence no more expensive paperweight
Old 11-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xtreme888
Hiya...

Dont worry u can relax as i know this is a off road engine hence timing and rev will be different.

Replaced with a nova rossi carb, old c5 cooling head, nova medium conical manifold and 2072 pipe. Heated engine with blow torch till chassis very warm...started straight away and gently running in blipping throttle. keeping temp about 180f... cooled down with piston BDC. Once cooled repeated with 5 tanks and started tuning (i always heat engine before starting !!!).....
Bottom end was ballistic !!! Can tell bottom and mid was quicker than my on road engines like the sirio...think more bottom than my 35plus21.... top end was ok but i was getting towards maxing out rev as my second speed is too short (19/46 which suited the sirio...going for 20/44 next time !!!!).oh i was using the softest clutch setting (0.4mm gap, 0.5mm tension mugen silver spring and 0.1 end play.... as i didnt want to rev engine too much !!!

Now i can remove con rod from engine as before running in i couldnt take rod out !!! no play in rod..getting mirrored finished at top of sleeve. Dont think i will able to start engine if cold as there is still ton of compression

PS we need a on road version then i wouldnt have to pay alot $$$$$$$$ for
engines as p/r/s set on nova cost more than this engine !!! Hence no more expensive paperweight
Sweet glad it is working well for you. Bottom end is something the 5 Port definitly doesn't lack
You will start getting the best out of this motor after the 1 - 1.5 gallon mark, so you have a lot more punch to come yet
At this point remove one of the thin .1mm copper shims so you are running .4mm total shim stack. Also, if you want a tad more top end you may want to fit one of the MG66 cranks. Should see the 5 Port rev out a little more.

Last edited by grizz1; 11-21-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Who would be the best contact for engine parts in PA.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by sriley
Who would be the best contact for engine parts in PA.
contact deadmancourt or runne on here, they will get you hooked up!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Thank you.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by sriley
Thank you.
email RUUNE @ [email protected] .....he can hook u up...im all the way out here in cali so i wouldnt really be of MUCH assistance....also what are you looking to get?....also Motomatt on here is Ruune's partner and should be able to get you hooked up aswell
Old 11-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

motomatt (Nitro North) is one of our dealers on here. You can go through him or anyone on our dealers page at www.go-engine-usa.com.

Guys... there will be some exciting new announcements between Thanksgiving and the end of December.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ruune
motomatt (Nitro North) is one of our dealers on here. You can go through him or anyone on our dealers page at www.go-engine-usa.com.

Guys... there will be some exciting new announcements between Thanksgiving and the end of December.
sweet!!!
hey you never called me sunday...LOL
Old 11-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ruune

Ruune,
I did PM you a few days ago. I'm looking for pricing on a GX-5R block and bearings.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Lads,
Just to let you know I tried the sealant on the needle threads to stop them coming out when driving, worked brilliantly, had a great day with the engine last Sunday, Tuned really easily so must have had an air leak through them before causing me the tuning problems, only blew 1 plug all day when I flamed out, thought needle had moved but had cut into fuel line with the flywheel as the tube had moved during the race,
Got to say loving the power of the engine now, thanks for all the advice on tuning etc, took time but have now got the hang of it.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kevinjh
Hi Lads,
Just to let you know I tried the sealant on the needle threads to stop them coming out when driving, worked brilliantly, had a great day with the engine last Sunday, Tuned really easily so must have had an air leak through them before causing me the tuning problems, only blew 1 plug all day when I flamed out, thought needle had moved but had cut into fuel line with the flywheel as the tube had moved during the race,
Got to say loving the power of the engine now, thanks for all the advice on tuning etc, took time but have now got the hang of it.
Hey, that's great news Kevin Glad to hear you are liking the motor. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to pop up on here and ask the crew, or send a PM if you like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.