Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Problem with OS .21 Rotostart >

Problem with OS .21 Rotostart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with OS .21 Rotostart

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Problem with OS .21 Rotostart

Hoping I could use your expertise.

I have an OS .21 motor that came with rotostart ... decided I didn't like the rotostart, so I bought a starter box.

I didn't see a reason to keep the one way bearing and hardware in the motor, so I took it all out, and placed the rotostart backing plate back on.

I started the motor up for the first time, and it goes straight to full speed. I took off the air filter, and the carb appears to be set correctly with the idle ... and it stays closed even when the motor goes full bore. When I pull the trigger .. motor "bogs" down with smoke out of the pipe.

Could taking out the one way bearing and hardware caused this? I can't think of why that would be ... but before I go back and put everything back in I thought I was ask here.

I did notice that the high idle screw / cover had come loose and had screwed out. So I screwed the cover back in.

I'm new to nitro and confused. I'm supposed to race on Saturday. Thanks

tim
Old 06-01-2007, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would put your needles back to factory settings and retune from there. Which OS engine is it. Sounds like the VG.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:02 PM
Tech Rookie

the backplate built for rotostart crankshaft and non rotostart crankshaft arnt the same and are to be used accordingly..