Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Does Ebis break in depreciate a new motor? >

Does Ebis break in depreciate a new motor?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Does Ebis break in depreciate a new motor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default Does Ebis break in depreciate a new motor?

So I was thinking what do you guys think of buying a motor that is claimed new but broken in the ebis method?

you kinda have to know and trust the person claiming this Etc... what do you all think?
Old 04-21-2019, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

An engine that’s been through any of these systems is not NEW in the truest sense of the word. I wouldn’t pay NEW prices on an engine treated this way regardless of what the bandwagon says - and trust me, there’s a bandwagon.
petersen114 likes this.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:28 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by SlowLST2
An engine that’s been through any of these systems is not NEW in the truest sense of the word. I wouldn’t pay NEW prices on an engine treated this way regardless of what the bandwagon says - and trust me, there’s a bandwagon.
So any pre-runned engine should cost less than new??? Why would any manufacturer, reseller and modifier offer such a service?
token and frewster like this.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof
So any pre-runned engine should cost less than new??? Why would any manufacturer, reseller and modifier offer such a service?
Right! You have to break in any new engine and that takes time. If it is properly broken in and ready to race out of the box that's added value.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think they meant buying a engine off maybe Facebook eBay etc from a regular person claiming it was broken in Ebis.
Someone claiming it’s ebis broken in so it’s a trust issue.

If your buying the engine from a break in shop that a ebis break in selectable then that is going to be more money and added value.
like i think rcrenew sells triton with ebis if you want that is added value cause it’s a trustworthy service dealer
Or maybe a os engine direct from drake and it’s ebis that is added value.
J.Whiting and Buckland like this.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Of course. There has to be trust that it was properly broken in and not just a regular used engine.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roelof
If the engine isn’t new and untouched, it’s not new. Or rather, anything that the factory didn’t do and offer a warranty on.

Man you guys are funny.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jersey
I think they meant buying a engine off maybe Facebook eBay etc from a regular person claiming it was broken in Ebis.
Someone claiming it’s ebis broken in so it’s a trust issue.

If your buying the engine from a break in shop that a ebis break in selectable then that is going to be more money and added value.
like i think rcrenew sells triton with ebis if you want that is added value cause it’s a trustworthy service dealer
Or maybe a os engine direct from drake and it’s ebis that is added value.
So everyone that touts this as being such a great thing as it saves time and fuel, yet it costs the same as a gallon of fuel. Not to mention any EBIS engine not sold through a factory authorized outlet will have a warranty. But I suppose you guys are above warranties.

Oh yeah - It’s all about trust... Yeah, okay.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Really... a thread was opened on EBIS value????

I would say an Engine broke in on EBIS (with printout) would increase a motors value... but at the end of the day its moot point! If you buy a Nova Mephisto lets say, and you break it in, and end up messing it up...how much of a value is that motor now? Its all relative! Buy from a good shop, or send it for reputable EBIS service like Drake or Tekno. And if you dont believe in the EBIS system, you might want to get with the program!
token and frewster like this.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:21 PM
Tech Lord

Now I remember....
EBIS break-in system..

An EBIS break in is easy to see. No combustion marks and the side of the piston has a polished ring or a compleete mirrored surface.
frewster likes this.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan

I would say an Engine broke in on EBIS (with printout) would increase a motors value... but at the end of the day its moot point! If you buy a Nova Mephisto lets say, and you break it in, and end up messing it up...how much of a value is that motor now? Its all relative! Buy from a good shop, or send it for reputable EBIS service like Drake or Tekno. And if you dont believe in the EBIS system, you might want to get with the program!

LOL.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I know you dont... which we have seen in our EBIS thread... so lol all you want.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

I know you dont... which we have seen in our EBIS thread... so lol all you want.

Quite the statement for a moderator to say.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default Good point

so so I am new to the ebis method but have a couple of motors done by them. Do the guys you mentioned provide print outs?

My thought of the trust issue comes up when some guys on here or anywhere else say new motor and broken in with the ebis method. You need to know who and make sure they did not run it a few times before selling. Most guys won’t be able to tell the difference I assume. Also since nitro tuning is challenging for some guys it brings into another issue of having motor issues when one screws up a motor.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

You have to be pretty incompetent to really ruin an engine these days. The way they’re manufactured these days, you’d have to be pretty dumb to screw it up. So the excuse that this method will save someone from screwing an engine up is BS. Most of the guys that do this don’t understand what is breaking in during the initial phases of an engines life anyway, it seems. I suppose racing does induce tunnel vision. Not much of a surprise there. People will do anything to win.

Don’t worry guys. I’m outta here.

Last edited by RCTecher12; 04-22-2019 at 03:19 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.