Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
X-Act Pefrormance .21 Nitro Engine >

X-Act Pefrormance .21 Nitro Engine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

X-Act Pefrormance .21 Nitro Engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default X-Act Pefrormance .21 Nitro Engine

Ive seen this on Amain. Looks like a new super budget engine. Starts at 82.99. Might be worth picking one up just to see how well it works. Block and carb seem like they are coming out of the GO factory.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Definately a Go factory engine.
Carburetor looks like the new carb they at first sold as a 3-needle, then removed the mid needle and made a 2-needle, it's basicly a long needle carb similar to OS (basicly OS carb copy and then developed further to remove the 3rd needle).

Sleeve ports look sort of basic, could be based on the 3-port pullstart Go engine, but no way of really knowing until somebody gets one and opens it up.
Could be similar to the Trackstar SEG21 but with the better carb.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

really basic ...

link : http://xact-rc.com/
Old 10-31-2014, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sqamtech
really basic ...
Does that mean bad?

Would this possibly be a decent practice motor....or something to avoid all together?
Old 10-31-2014, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Doesn't mean bad at all. The original OS VSpec was very basic, and was one of their best engines. Same with the Novarossi N21BF/T21BF.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am tempted to try one just to see how it does.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

basic doesn't mean bad !
the engines based on GO engines work well.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

P/S looks identical to my b21.....which i cant seem to get running correctly
Old 10-31-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Initiate

These are not in anyway related to GO engines but if you look closely you might see which factory some of the parts come from

I bought one of these for my son and it runs great, easy enough to run in and tune. Not too powerful for him to control but yet loses surprisingly little down the straight to engines that cost many many times the more.
When i ran this engine to run it in for my son, i came second in the A Main at a local club meeting, enough said

To surmise:
Its not mega powerful
It probably won't last a zillion gallons
Parts are cheap as chips
You'll be very happy with what you got for the price you paid.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by guttley
These are not in anyway related to GO engines
It's this exact engine, without the pullstart, with a backplate, and with the most recent racing carb.
http://www.go-engine.com/pdt_view.as...7&area=1&cat=8

In the pic of the crankshaft, posted by the other user above here, you can see the extra tap on the back of the crank pin, which would have connected to the pullstart.

I've seen one of these at the racetrack marked "Trackstar", and it ran OK. Not the fastest engine out there, but it ran and didn't give the owner any trouble all race day.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by guttley
These are not in anyway related to GO engines but if you look closely you might see which factory some of the parts come from
These are the identical parts the Go sport engine has. The Trackstar and Alturn also look identical except for the head. These are all made by Go which is not a bad thing.

Guttley, did yours have any pinch new? Most of the engines with this p/s do not have any or very little pinch from the factory.

Rex
Old 10-31-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Initiate

OK granted the case looks identical, canrt deny that.
However, i do know the guy who builds these up and as far as i know the PLC are not GO but Alpha, same with the back plate.
Not sure on the crank but if they are identical then they must all come from the same factory? I'll double check next time i see him
And it didnt have a huge amount of pinch but when i bought this engine i wasn't expecting super high tolerances.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, I'm glad to see some of you taking a look at the .21 Sportive.
The engine was conceived to offer a solid power plant with easy tuning at an amazing price point. Its ideal for most racers in one way or another. Joe basher who is looking for his first none pull start engine, those looking for a budget practice motor or to have for wet weather so as not to damage their main race mill, those who just need something to get them out of a tight spot and keep them racing albeit on a budget or the fastest guys at the club who want to prove the point that it's really them who are faster and not their gear. In fairness, it's far more engine than any one can rightly expect for $10 less than one of the con rods Amain list.

Comparisons can and will always be made by racers which is understandable. Yes, looking at the images you will see similar parts, but this doesn't tell you that we specced the piston and liner set have more pinch than some others, it doesn't tell you we use the "pro" rod, it doesn't explain the difference in the carbs (which is a critical point of any engine) it doesn't explain we have a double o ring pinch bolt rather than the basic one. Nor does it tell you we receive the parts and hand assemble each engine here in Europe, inspecting each part for quality of fit and finish and ensuring a "clean" build. Really the carb makes the engine and this is a peach that's easy to work with and what's most important, stable.

ElvindE, you mention the lug on the crank, that's simply as the next iteration of the engine will be available with a pull start :-) We also have Marine versions coming and who knows what we will produce early next year..

Crikey, the piston / liner / rod set are so cheap you can have a go at modding it yourself and see what effect your efforts have on performance, you can even back to back on a few different sets at the price hey are.

We have had some good results so far, taking third in a regional race in the UK which though with a good driver was against drivers with all the usual high dollar mills showing that's sometimes a easily driveable engine will do you some favours.

We are pumped to have Amain.com stocking them and making them easily available.

Any questions just ask guys.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

$82 that's awesome.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:55 AM
Tech Lord

Nice price to use it as an onroad rain engine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.