Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Northwest Asphalt Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for putting this series together Brian. It has given me the drive to race again. I lost it after the NWIC went away. I have had a great time this summer traveling to these races.

Awesome race Brandon, I'm glad it was not a 6 minute race. Got lucky on that one. Just watched the video that Todd posted. I wish there would have been a mod video =) I could not have made this mod adventure with out Keith Yu's help. Thanks man.

I'm not sure I can make it to the Sizzler yet, I want to finish the series out which is a lot of time away from home on the weekends in a row. See you guys soon.

Thanks everybody for putting on a great series.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I will be solo for the final and can offer a high caliber awesome trigger finger to a mod or nitro TC...
Old 08-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Northwest Asphalt Challenge#4 Lap times

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who made it out for the race yesterday for the fourth round of the Northwest Asphalt Challenge series! I think everyone had a great time, I know I did.

Brian Shook and crew needed to be thanked for their hard work and dedication to this series!! They have put a ton of work into making this series successful and it shows.

Here are the lap times for the qualifiers and mains.

Regards,

Joe
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (72.3 KB, 44 views)
Round2.txt (73.3 KB, 44 views)
Round3_.txt (73.5 KB, 72 views)
Old 08-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
Awesome race Brandon, I'm glad it was not a 6 minute race. Got lucky on that one. Just watched the video that Todd posted.
Awesome race indeed, Devin! One of those races where qualifying order was paramount! I learned a lot by watching you drive, especially keeping your cool right out of the gate. You are a hard driver to pace, and impossible to pass! I thought for SURE you were going to make a mistake SOMEwhere... but nope! you were on your game, and were rock solid. You grabbed those well deserved the top podium spots in both classes. stellar job.

Thanks again (like always) to Mr. Shook for putting this series together for us... Can't wait for the last stop.

-Brandon

Last edited by Cpt.America; 08-04-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thank you everyone for your support of the Northwest Asphalt Challenge! I am amazed and grateful that we have been able to have such a successful series this year. An average race entry count of 85 with close competition from Novice racers as well as some of the fastest racers in the country. It sure rains a lot in the Northwest, but when the sun comes out we know how to get out there and tear up the asphalt. Even though there are many sunnier regions in the country, I don't think there are many that have as much on road asphalt racing opportunities within a few hours drive. I count myself as lucky.

Thanks to Joe at Fasttrax, the crew who put the track together, prepped it, and tore it down yesterday, JayBee and Albert at the tech table, Dean and David for their camera work, the RC Scoring Pro PROs who helped us keep thing running smoothly, and Tyson for the popular sticker awards. Thanks also to those who came as far as, Connecticut, Canada, and Salem to join us.

Please support our series sponsors. They have been offering up some great giveaways to our racers.
RC Specialties
Speedwerkes
Fusion Graphix
Team Powers
Reflect Racing
FR Racing (Thanks again Franko for your support of the Novice class)

SATURDAY'S RACE:

I was apprehensive when the rain hit the windshield while driving through Bellevue and then when I arrived at Fasttrax to see the pools of water Kody was blowing off the track, but we waited patiently and were rewarded with some sunshine, a well prepped track, and some great racing. There were a couple highlights at the track for me.

It was awesome to see 13 Novice drivers out there. A "B" main in the FR Racing Novice class is a good sign for the future of RC in our region. It was also fun to see David Miskho bump from the "B," start 10th in the "A" main and make his way up to third and earn a spot on the podium. He was using one of my transponders for the day. I'm taking the one that is in my sedan right now and putting David's in to see if I can tap into some of that magic.

The racing battle of the day had to be the "B" main battle between Ty and Marcos for the second and final bump spot to the "A." Ty had about a half lap lead over Marcos when he broke the front end of his F1 car with about a minute and a half to go. Somehow Ty was able to drive his ailing car with its front wheel flapping at odd angles. Marcos would catch Ty, hit a flapper and fall back, catch him again hit a flapper and repeat the process. Finally Marcos was able to get by Ty and then they proceeded to swap positions with about five lead changes within the last two laps. They bumped each other and Marcos suffered worse when the two open wheeled cars got together, and Ty was able to keep his wobbly car together just long enough to transfer to the "A"

The 17.5 A main showcased some excellent driving between Devin and Brandon. They has similar pace the entire race. I was amazed at how both of them were able to put in a near flawless run. Not many people can do that. You have to bring your A game if you want to be on the top of the podium in the 17.5 class.

REGISTER FOR RACE #5

We are going to get together and do it again one more time. Register for NWAC Race #5 at Fantasy World August 24th. Register here.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That was a tough layout to race on. There were only 5 corners, but they all required full commitment to get through fast. And there were precious few places to pass unless the person in front blew a corner.

Props to Matt Adkison for a great race in the Scale Spec A-Main. With those tight lines, there was simply no place to get around.

The Schumacher Mi4LP never ceases to amaze me as a Scale Spec car. I slapped the car together, dialed in a super basic setup, threw on my year+ old tires, and an HPI R34 GTR body I had painted up months ago (I think it's my favorite of all the ones I've tried, good balance, stable, and low CG compared to some of the others), and was right on pace. Those year-old tires are positively thrashed now, though. I'll need to find some new ones for carpet season.

Mod was an exercise in patience and pucker for me. I kept blowing the corners because I was watching the pipes to make sure I didn't hit them, instead of watching my braking points. Fun just the same, though!

-Mike
Old 08-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

I had a lot of fun thanks brain and the fasttrax crew for the great race. Also would like to thank Tyson for sponsoring me for f1, and sorry to any of the f1 guys I got into. I really think I'm gonna dig the f1 class. Thanks again
Old 08-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bob,
It was really cool to see how quickly you figured it out and got around the track. Nice job!
Old 08-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Default Series Points Updated

NWAC Series Points have been updated.

You will find two documents on the results page of the website

The first document is the raw points calculation without throw-outs taken into consideration.

The second document will give you a better idea of where you stand once throw-outs are taken into consideration. I took out two throw-outs for everyone and added in a 1st place finish for the last race. This gives you the total possible points you could obtain for the series. There are lots of positions up for grabs, and showing up to the last race to get that extra participation point will be important for many.

See the points here.

Don't forget to register for the final race at Fantasy World, August 24th.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:45 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Brain Bodine
Old 08-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OVA
Brain Bodine
That's what I thought too, but I double checked. Hmmmmm
Old 08-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just maybe I picked up a car.

Just kidding. Not gunna fall for that trick a 3rd time.

I am going to do nitro tc as soon as I get done fishing. Hey, would it be wrong if I brought the smoker to the Sizzler? Give Pat some grillin' comp?
Old 08-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Just maybe I picked up a car.

Just kidding. Not gunna fall for that trick a 3rd time.

I am going to do nitro tc as soon as I get done fishing. Hey, would it be wrong if I brought the smoker to the Sizzler? Give Pat some grillin' comp?
Funny, I just sold my 1/12th car after only running it once last season. I did the same about two years ago. Not gonna do that again, for the third time. WGT is not outside the realm of possibility though... But not likely either.
I think it has less to do with the platform, it's just neither of us want to go through the learning curve / growing pains again.

P.s. bring the grill :-)
Old 08-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Funny, I just sold my 1/12th car after only running it once last season. I did the same about two years ago. Not gonna do that again, for the third time. WGT is not outside the realm of possibility though... But not likely either.
I think it has less to do with the platform, it's just neither of us want to go through the learning curve / growing pains again.

P.s. bring the grill :-)
Then how do you continue to challenge yourself if you don't seek out different challenges?
Old 08-06-2013, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazy5
Then how do you continue to challenge yourself if you don't seek out different challenges?
I've still got a LOT to learn about touring cars, both driving them and setup. Its still a challenge.

Jake D.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.