Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks, Lyle.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by casey3v
Thanks lyle! And remember folks doors open at 8 with racing at 1 tomorrow!
Should actually say racing at 10am. See ya guys tomorrow - 2w mod, bring 'em out!
Old 07-18-2015, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA
Should actually say racing at 10am. See ya guys tomorrow - 2w mod, bring 'em out!
You said you would be there on Thursday. ..
Old 07-19-2015, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by joeymdz
You said you would be there on Thursday. ..
Last minute project at work; out of my control. Am leaving my house in about 15 minutes today though.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Fun time today Thank you Casey. Loved the reedy format and the time we got done with racing
Old 07-19-2015, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

That was one of the most enjoyable race programs I've ever participated in. Close and clean (pun partially intended ) racing the whole way through.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just a reminder guys. Sunday doors open at 8 with racing at 10! Last Sunday we were done with 4 rounds of Reedy format by 130!
Old 07-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by casey3v
Just a reminder guys. Sunday doors open at 8 with racing at 10! Last Sunday we were done with 4 rounds of Reedy format by 130!
What is the Reedy format? When I looked it up, it wasn't real clear. The impression I got was that each driver starts from a different spot on the track??? Just curious.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

The Reedy format is where every round is a race - no heats, just mains. The lineup is random/rotating and your best three scores out of four count to determine the winner. It was a lot of fun last week and the computer will even now do the scoring for it automatically.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MarkA
The Reedy format is where every round is a race - no heats, just mains. The lineup is random/rotating and your best three scores out of four count to determine the winner. It was a lot of fun last week and the computer will even now do the scoring for it automatically.
That does sound fun!
Old 07-26-2015, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have been researching tires for turf for my XXX buggy. I guess Don was afraid that I would buy some online for the turf. No need for him to worry though because I am going to buy them from Casey so it will be a little while until we get out there again. Don had bought me a pair of fronts from Casey for my birthday and gave them to me today, one day early, LOL.

My questions is this: We are soaking old tires and rims in acetone so that I will have front yellow rims for my XXX. The fronts have a much smaller axle hole than standard rims. Getting these tires did answer one of my questions - ride height - being as they are low profile, so now I do understand why you adjust the front end for them. Mark told me 22mm.

I am getting ready to cut the front wheels and will cut an old white pair for practice first. What should I use to cut the wheel with? Do I use Lexan scissors or a heavy set of "dikes". Thanks to Mark A., I know to cut them on the inside to the first rib, then since I saw a belt sander the other day at the track, I assume I smooth them out with a belt sander, which Don also has. I also know that you glue the BEAD ONLY and not the sidewall. Is there a certain way to do that so that it doesn't bleed over onto the sidewall. I use medium CA. Mark was showing me that there needs to be flex on the sidewalls. Any other tips that I need to know?

I am not sure if I am going to go spikes or mini pins in back. I'll pick those up next time I'm in Albany. I am leaning more to mini pins though. Casey loaned me a set of tires to try last time I was there and they were the spikes. I felt a little unstable on them, so may try the Mini Pins since a few other racers there said that they felt they were a little more planted with them. If I don't like them, I can always pick up the spikes later. But I've usually done well with mini pins.

Thanks for any advice or opinions you can give me.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Your best bet is to youtube it diane. It's kind of one of those things that's hard to explain.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by LadiesFirst
I have been researching tires for turf for my XXX buggy. I guess Don was afraid that I would buy some online for the turf. No need for him to worry though because I am going to buy them from Casey so it will be a little while until we get out there again. Don had bought me a pair of fronts from Casey for my birthday and gave them to me today, one day early, LOL.

My questions is this: We are soaking old tires and rims in acetone so that I will have front yellow rims for my XXX. The fronts have a much smaller axle hole than standard rims. Getting these tires did answer one of my questions - ride height - being as they are low profile, so now I do understand why you adjust the front end for them. Mark told me 22mm.

I am getting ready to cut the front wheels and will cut an old white pair for practice first. What should I use to cut the wheel with? Do I use Lexan scissors or a heavy set of "dikes". Thanks to Mark A., I know to cut them on the inside to the first rib, then since I saw a belt sander the other day at the track, I assume I smooth them out with a belt sander, which Don also has. I also know that you glue the BEAD ONLY and not the sidewall. Is there a certain way to do that so that it doesn't bleed over onto the sidewall. I use medium CA. Mark was showing me that there needs to be flex on the sidewalls. Any other tips that I need to know?

I am not sure if I am going to go spikes or mini pins in back. I'll pick those up next time I'm in Albany. I am leaning more to mini pins though. Casey loaned me a set of tires to try last time I was there and they were the spikes. I felt a little unstable on them, so may try the Mini Pins since a few other racers there said that they felt they were a little more planted with them. If I don't like them, I can always pick up the spikes later. But I've usually done well with mini pins.

Thanks for any advice or opinions you can give me.
Before I switched to the front pre-mounts, an option you don't have unfortunately, I'd just cut the wheel with a sharp xacto knife - you'll be surprised how easily they cut. You don't need to do anything other than cut them. When you glue them, don't use rubber bands like normal, the tire bead will fit the wheel very tightly as it is, just lift it slightly and put the drop of glue in under it and let the tire snap back onto the wheel.

You should consider going down there on a Sunday sometime now that you race a buggy. A sick dog kept me away today but past turf Sunday's have had 5+ish in the Rookie class for you to race against if you make it.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks, Mark. It sounds pretty easy. Casey, I'll look for that video. I picked up a little bit of work stating this Wednesday, so Sunday may be a good option for us. Thanks, guys.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Powder puff and pot luck this thursday rc friends!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.