Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
CGRC Indoor Dirt Offroad Raceway (Cottage Grove Oregon) >

CGRC Indoor Dirt Offroad Raceway (Cottage Grove Oregon)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CGRC Indoor Dirt Offroad Raceway (Cottage Grove Oregon)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Come race some 4mod, I will be there tomorrow night and on Saturday.

Terry
Old 09-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

I might be able to make it down this Saturday again.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Races tonight. Track open all day and races start at 7pm. Sign ups at 630. Don't forget we now have free practice and that means free track time. Track expansion starts today but will not face this weeks races.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Tomorrow is going to be a great day for racing. Doors open at 9 and sign ups at 10 to 1030. Racing starts at 1100. We are expecting a good crowd tomorrow so come get out of the cold rain and get warm in our climate controlled shop. New product in the house and that includes the new 22 2.0 b so you at the racing.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

thanks to everone that came out and thanks to all the Roseburg guys that made the trip up north. We had a great turn out. track change to come soon! Here are the results from today's race.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (23.9 KB, 57 views)
Round2.txt (25.2 KB, 43 views)
Round3.txt (25.1 KB, 48 views)
Round4.txt (24.2 KB, 90 views)
Old 09-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sltycustoms
thanks to everone that came out and thanks to all the Roseburg guys that made the trip up north. We had a great turn out. track change to come soon! Here are the results from today's race.
pretty sure roughly 14 of the 34-38 cars actually came from Klamath Falls, was nice to run a different track will different cars.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TuffTruck Racer
pretty sure roughly 14 of the 34-38 cars actually came from Klamath Falls, was nice to run a different track will different cars.
Thanks for the correction, they were from k falls. Had a blast today. Can't wait untill next time and the track will be finished the next race.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Had a good time yesterday and nick was very accommodating.. but I would like an explanation in mod buggy as to why all 6 ran the 3 heats then mains came up and they ran 3 in the b and 3 in the a... what's the reason for that?? Was it so the guy who ran third in the a could park his car on the track half way thru and watch the other 2 battle for the lead, and the worst he could finish was 3rd??? Just wanting a clarification.....
Old 09-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracersb
Had a good time yesterday and nick was very accommodating.. but I would like an explanation in mod buggy as to why all 6 ran the 3 heats then mains came up and they ran 3 in the b and 3 in the a... what's the reason for that?? Was it so the guy who ran third in the a could park his car on the track half way thru and watch the other 2 battle for the lead, and the worst he could finish was 3rd??? Just wanting a clarification.....
As the guy who parked w one minute left I should explain..1 I parked because I was a lap down and first and second were locked in a battle...my race was over and to then get in the way of rich and jamie woulldnt have been cool..thats how we do it in grove.we all have lots of respect for one another on the track...2 mod buggy is a class for veteran drivers w good ettiquette...and everyone at the track saw thayt you guys didnt really have any.....3. the three of you were several laps down in qualifying and quite frankly the three of us just wanted a clean race...back to why I parked it being a lap down w a minute left...i knew I couldnt make up the time...on a personal level no problem w you and hope you come back knowing that cgrc isnt a bashing track...lastly some comments were made on the driver stand toward the fastest guy at the track...who quite honestly has some of yhe best ettiqutte out there..not a good way to make friends..so clean up the driving and come back and you ll have more fun...cheers
Old 09-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

One more thing..even after parking for a minute I had more laps than the guy who won the b main...clear enough?
Old 09-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

best etiquette at the track yet he drove through my car going into the corner? yeah he was fast... fast enough to make a clean pass yet thats not what he chose to do. ( it was afterall my 2nd time driving a buggy)A s for clean racing, I was wrecked more times by locals more than any other track i have raced at. did i get into other people? Hell yes i did..right after i chose to drive the racers like they chose to drive me first.If you want clean races it needs to come from all the racers If the track only wants local racers you probably should of posted that on the wesite.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TuffTruck Racer
best etiquette at the track yet he drove through my car going into the corner? yeah he was fast... fast enough to make a clean pass yet thats not what he chose to do. ( it was afterall my 2nd time driving a buggy)A s for clean racing, I was wrecked more times by locals more than any other track i have raced at. did i get into other people? Hell yes i did..right after i chose to drive the racers like they chose to drive me first.If you want clean races it needs to come from all the racers If the track only wants local racers you probably should of posted that on the wesite.
Well I know atleast 20 people who would say otherwise to everything you just said...i think you were being lapped for probably the third time when he drove through you because you are supposed to blow your line to let him by as per roar frickkin rules...i wasnt going to say this but youre just not getting it...you shouldve raced novice or stock,,,,you were way out classed and frankly im sure it was frustrating getting passed every other lap....ive been there and it is...rich jamie and myself are all known for being clean drivers not just at cgrc but every where...im sorry you feel different..steve it is super hard to go to a new track and compete first time...when people run a surface together for long periods of time good ettiquette and fast clean racing is achie ved..your group probably gets along great and you probably have competitive racing together on your track...i do think that you shouldve been bumped into the a and for that I feel bad..your not a bad driver but you definetly need more time with that buggy and that track...then you will get the respect out on the dirt yourelookin for.btw when you were blocking the leader you were probably letting second place catch him and thats why you need to get out of the way..also why I parked for the last minute of the a main...it was out of respect and good ettiqutte that this was done..sorry
Old 09-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I'm not gonna get in a pissing match with you. I know i need more time with the buggy its hard cause we don't race it locally. Last time I was there I ran mod with 2 of your locals and had no problems I even barely won.. we left your track thinking stock buggy was the ultra competitive class and we were better off racing mod asit had less cars. I've been racing for 20 years I know where your coming from.. I am president of our local club, I know how it goes with different driver ability. I'm not making excuses I tried to give the line whenever someone was around... just like 4wd buggy.. I have never struggles with a car so much... I literally wanted to chuck it in the trash can as I walked out the door.. I tuned and tuned on it but got virtually no where.. I moved over constantly with that car I knew I Had nothing.. everyone that traveled walked out and said I never wanna come back... its hard to travel 3.5 hours to race alone.. which is why we travel together to make it affordable... so im guessing next time we will just have to go visit Casey again... good luck with your track and expansion!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcracersb
I'm not gonna get in a pissing match with you. I know i need more time with the buggy its hard cause we don't race it locally. Last time I was there I ran mod with 2 of your locals and had no problems I even barely won.. we left your track thinking stock buggy was the ultra competitive class and we were better off racing mod asit had less cars. I've been racing for 20 years I know where your coming from.. I am president of our local club, I know how it goes with different driver ability. I'm not making excuses I tried to give the line whenever someone was around... just like 4wd buggy.. I have never struggles with a car so much... I literally wanted to chuck it in the trash can as I walked out the door.. I tuned and tuned on it but got virtually no where.. I moved over constantly with that car I knew I Had nothing.. everyone that traveled walked out and said I never wanna come back... its hard to travel 3.5 hours to race alone.. which is why we travel together to make it affordable... so im guessing next time we will just have to go visit Casey again... good luck with your track and expansion!!!
Fair enough on a pissing match..no need thats what results are for..but with that attitude you will leave caseys with the same conclusion, especially if you run mod buggy because at this point mod buggy is even more competitive there...i personally like casey and have a ton of respect for him..btw if there was ever a pissing match it started with the snide remark about the driver w good ettiqutte that got out of the way to let two guys who were lapping him to have a clean and fair battle...if you really knew how it was we wouldnt be doing this right now..would we..if cgrc thinks my statements are out of line that is their right..im speaking on behalf of all the guys at the track that raced and keep cgrc open.i offered some set up advice and was looked at like how dare I ....your ego kept you from enjoying yourself..
Old 09-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

I'd like to chime in here. I definitely appreciate the visiting group from K-falls coming out to run. Being new to the hobby it's tough for me to drive with these fast guys so I understand where you're coming from, RcRacersb. What I observed from the races resembled more bashing than racing. I'd like to see you guys mingle more with us and maybe gain some insights to set ups on our track. The atmosphere, at CGRC, is extremely helpful and supportive. We would be happy to help you guys as it would also incur better handling, meaning cleaner racing and control.

I'm sorry your group had a rough time. I feel badly that there was a sour taste leftover.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.