Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emerald City Classic March 10-11

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks to the whole crew for a great race, lot of fun. And like someone else has already mentioned, it is nice to be just a racer not having to worry about all the organizational stuff.
Daryl Jones
IROCC
Old 03-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That was a pretty good weekend. Not only for myself, but for everyone. It was great to see so many just racing and having a good time. Yea, it was chilly, but that's the Hanger. Track conditions really came alive. And the dot track really shined once again. The whole Hanger Crew did great and if it wasn't for Todd to orchestrate that energy, it would just be chaos. The planning of this event happened months ago. It was rewarding to see it all come true with very little issues. Kyle and Grant kept us honest at the tech table. I also have to thank Kyle for being the best dot polisher in the house! I also have to give props to our sponsors of this event: KLMason, Team CRC, Team Associated, Sweep, RC Trim, Slapmaster Tools, McKune Design and Boca Bearing. Sorry if I missed any. And I can not thank everyone enough of their support, trust, and interest to attend our annual event.

Best of luck to our National contenders!

Brian
Old 03-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2012 ECC in the History Book!

First off, thank you to the club for showing up, pitching in, and putting on the best event we possibly could. Nothing happens without energetic volunteers, so all the credit goes to you.

Second, thank you to those who traveled hundreds of miles and many hours to join us for our event. From the Fraser to the Willamette, from the Spokane to the Skagit, the tribes gathered in Seattle. It was truly an interstate and international race. Your effort made our effort completely worthwhile and exceeded all of our expectations. We're proud of our program, and it is our privilege to share it with you. We hope to see you again. I know I have new stops I want to make. Up to Vancouver to race with Overgeared, and up and over to Penticton. And I have yet to make it to Tri-Cities! I'll be coming, and I'll have my little driver Stuart with me.

Third, there was so much good racing both days. I have a feeling Hangar 30 and Emerald City Classic racers will come marauding out of the north country to lay waste at Nationals this coming weekend. We will leave a hot, burning H30 brand on those Longhorn pretenders!

Standouts for me were Camou and Shank dueling in the 12th B Main. Tight and grippy from tone to tone. The F1 grid and start were so cool. You want scale racing? There you go! I hope we see more of that. The Stock TC A and B mains were hard and fast. I was exhausted after just calling those races. But really, the whole weekend was fast, hard, and fun. Just the sort of event to serve as the pinnacle of our season.

Finally, the club is strong, we have a home, and we will be racing for many years. We hope the ECC becomes an annual destination for everyone in future seasons.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (112.7 KB, 71 views)
Round2.txt (116.3 KB, 49 views)
Round3.txt (109.3 KB, 54 views)
Round4.txt (99.1 KB, 77 views)
Round5.txt (88.0 KB, 155 views)
Old 03-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

What a great weekend!

Thank you to the H30 program for something more than a place to race..

Thanks to all the out of towners, even Tilley..

Got to do a big thanks to my buddy Grant for the ride and being on the tech table.. Man the tech dutiesis a double edge sword.. Get to be a part of the program, awesome pit space and get to see everyone but itgets a little hectic at times and you do stupid stuff like NOT tighten your clamping hub screw. Would have also been nice to not have both tech guys running the same classes.... Hello? Tech please.. Had good back up though.

I love how a group of people can get together and enjoy such a great "hobby" while drinking delicious root beer..

One more race and done for the weekend program, it will be a long wait to run the pancars but that should give me enough time to pressure my beloved AE for a new wgt kit or I may be picking up on of those On Point rides..

Thanks Kody for the rocket kit, built it last night and had to convince Lia that we couldn't shoot it... Yet.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Huge thanks to Todd for organizing a first class event. Timely, smooth, and professional; all the attributes we strive for when hosting our own events. The supporting cast of track crew, tech crew, RD crew, etc... were all top notch as well. Thanks to all of you who sacrificed your own wrenching time to make this race such a success!

Our Victoria group ran for the border and managed to catch the 7PM ferry back home which was awesome.

See ya next year if not before!

Blake
Old 03-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Awesome event!!! Good battle Ben F here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfNQib1PzKE
Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Any time Kyle. Always a pleasure. I know I will forget somebody but thanks to all for a great weekend. Tech table was labor intensive but everybody was great and did everything right and made it run smoothly. Big thanks to all the racers. Actually I think it kept me from over wrenching my car.

Thanks to Todd and Brian for guiding me in the right direction on WGT setup. Got it dialed by Sunday morning. Honestly I had fantastic weekend race wise too. Felt comfortable and confident after the last couple of years. Makes me sad that pan car is almost done for season.

Again thanks to all and good luck to those going to nats. Bring home some hardware.

Grant
Old 03-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

SUPERSHITHOTDIALED!

Todd you are the man thank you for all that you do. And to the rest of the Hangar30 crew Kody, Alex, Jake, Brian, Wes and anybody else that are involved thank you for a killer event and an awsome place to race.

The 2012 ECC was epic for sure. The racing in every class was tooth an nail up until the very end with lots of great driving and sportsmanship shown throughout. Congrats to all the winners as well. I look forward to all the future battles to come at the Hangar 30 Raceway. The Seattle RC Racers Club is a force to be reckoned with and im glad to be apart of it thats for sure. Again thanks to everybody that make it happen Lets push for 200 entries next year

Travis Schreven
Old 03-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

ECC results summary and Hangar 30 Cup Weekend Series points tally are attached below.

Thank you, everybody and especially Todd, Kody, Alex, Brian, Kyle and Grant for such a super event.

I'm already looking forward to Wednesday!!!

Bill S.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:47 AM
Tech Regular

Good times for sure! Just got home. had some real size car problems on the way home.... oh, well. Just gotta say the best event I've ever attended. Gonna bring the long johns next year Managed to break 25laps in the TC Stock D main, amazing how much better I do when there is no pressure and no traffic F1 was brilliant, the 10 minute main was so much fun no matter the result. Big thanks to Mark for lending me a brushless system to try, dang that shit is fast. Well done Hanger 30 doodes!!!!!!
Terry
Old 03-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I am still tired. 7 Hours of sleep over 2 nights will do that I guess, but it was well worth the fun I had.

Thank you H30, for another friendly, fun race.

I took some pictures, and quite a few main videos on the GoPro, check them out here:

http://joshuasouthoaks.blogspot.com/...hangar-30.html