Search

NWIC 2011/2

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default NWIC 2011/2

OK Here we go again !!

What's next is being asked across the boards.

Time to lump it all together.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Cooooeeeeeee !!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just to bring over from the "other" thread, I aslo agree with Mark that money probably is not a good idea. I have been involved with many gokart races that involved money and it was never a good result.

The one day Hangar races were always a success, only down fall they were single mains. I really enjoy the triple a's myself. Like I said before, like myself I have 10 days of vacation and I burn 6 of those up just for NWIC races. That leaves no time for family or to even attend a bigger race like IIC, TZGP, or Nats.

Maybe we can all work together this year and get prizes donated by our respected sponsors and manufactures that we may have a connection with. We have enough guys in our region that have some good contacts and we can put together some good door prizes or even prizes for the top 3 of each main? Just another idea!!

We all want this to hobby to grow and we will have to do it together, not leave it for one or two people to do. This is a great series and I would like to see it grow to be something more.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
Just to bring over from the "other" thread, I aslo agree with Mark that money probably is not a good idea. I have been involved with many gokart races that involved money and it was never a good result.

The one day Hangar races were always a success, only down fall they were single mains. I really enjoy the triple a's myself. Like I said before, like myself I have 10 days of vacation and I burn 6 of those up just for NWIC races. That leaves no time for family or to even attend a bigger race like IIC, TZGP, or Nats.

Maybe we can all work together this year and get prizes donated by our respected sponsors and manufactures that we may have a connection with. We have enough guys in our region that have some good contacts and we can put together some good door prizes or even prizes for the top 3 of each main? Just another idea!!

We all want this to hobby to grow and we will have to do it together, not leave it for one or two people to do. This is a great series and I would like to see it grow to be something more.
if Devon races WGT again i say make it a 3 day race... if not shorter weekend races/ 1 day events would be great!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default NWIC

The money thing was just a thought. I had seen Ron do it at RC Plus and it worked out good. I was suggesting to have series prizes as cash not individual races. I am still new enough to like plaques and trophies. I was just trying to come up with a way to increase series participation.

I didn't get to make a lot of the NWIC races last year due to work. I do remember that the year before it was a relatively small core group who traveled to all the races, maybe 15-20 guys. I am for increasing those numbers.

The one day race is great when its in your town and not so great if you have to travel 3 hours to get there. That makes for a very long day. I do like the thought of trying to fit it in to two days.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

+1 with what Devin Said. The one days were nice. Not having to take the extra day off work is great.

Maybe a two day??? with the track CLOSED on Friday. Saturday practice and quals with the mains on sunday? Just a thought

The one days were nice but the whole going out afterwords is always a blast!!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would definately say two days.....I was just saying that the one days worked. But hell we all need time away from home right?
Old 06-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Last edited by Drillit; 01-17-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

so what all tracks is going to be apart of the NWIC?dont let it die guys if you build it they will come
Old 07-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

rcplus in early dec most likly the 3rd!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can't speak to the flexibility of the date, but you might want to check this first:

http://rcamerica.com/media/showartic...?articleID=107

Dec 2-4 at TZ2
Old 07-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Well thanks for the heads up todd,
looks like we have to change dates! I guess we well just wait and see if there is a time we can find to hold a race and then set a date!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
I would definately say two days.....I was just saying that the one days worked. But hell we all need time away from home right?
I like the 2 day idea as well.......I know there are others like me that have to work on saturday and might have sundays off, and asking for one day off i usally easier (esp on the wallet) than asking for 2. Just what my thoughts hope to be racing with you guys again soon.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Well i guess we need to hear from tz and and the guys(H30 and mtver) in seattle and darren if they want to hold a race and then find out dates then we can talk rules etc?

So we have
oct? tz gp 2nd weekend last year but not part of series?
Nov ? vernon last year i think?
Dec?3-4 tz xray challange? part of series?
also same week as the series race at rcplus in past
jan? apx14-15 tri city (confirmed all but date)
feb?tz series race last year end of feb
march? hanger 30

The goal of the series was to have one big race in the nw each month and to help promote the track's in the nw!

Last edited by rcplus; 07-29-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Tri Cities is looking to be in for Jan and it looks like we will have the same venue as last year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.