Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SANTIAM HOBBIES/RACEWAY THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Glad to hear that you guys will be racing again! We will have to bring a crew up to have some fun
Old 01-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes, please do! We are excited to get things rolling! We have a few more work days to get through before it's ready to race on, but we are getting things cleaned up and "refreshed" for an awesome 2014 season. Indoor track is the priority right now.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Will the outdoor be 10th scale or 8th scale.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

indoor is forsure 1/10 scale but big fun!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 8th and 10th scale racing outdoor

Originally Posted by tschulz3
Will the outdoor be 10th scale or 8th scale.
Outdoor has been 8th scale in the past and some also ran 10th. We will be changing the track and making it a bit smaller and a little better to the 10th scale racing. If anyone has suggestions about the track and wants to offer them up, now is the time! We are open to all ideas and feedback.

Indoor has had a course change, as well as a lot of clean up and other changes. We will be working hard on it over the next couple weeks to get ready for racing. The new track design is totally new for our facility and a blast to run on... we have been doing some testing, and getting good reviews.

Last edited by Sparkscal; 01-03-2014 at 06:35 PM. Reason: added info about indoor track.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

1/8 scale or bust for me If the track gets smaller it won't be 1/8 friendly but I understand the change
Old 01-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think it's possible to accommodate both 1/10 and 1/8 on the outdoor track. With that being said, I am also thinking that 1/10 has made a huge comeback and 1/8 seems to have lost some popularity. I think it would be nice to have another outdoor venue to race in this state, glad the plan is to bring it back.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Good to hear. Ill stop by monday!
Old 01-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sparkscal
Outdoor has been 8th scale in the past and some also ran 10th. We will be changing the track and making it a bit smaller and a little better to the 10th scale racing. If anyone has suggestions about the track and wants to offer them up, now is the time! We are open to all ideas and feedback.

Indoor has had a course change, as well as a lot of clean up and other changes. We will be working hard on it over the next couple weeks to get ready for racing. The new track design is totally new for our facility and a blast to run on... we have been doing some testing, and getting good reviews.
Good to hear that it will be geared to 10th scale. If it is good I will see you guys this summer.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by casey3v
Good to hear. Ill stop by monday!
We will be closed Monday, but Matt can meet you at the shop Casey if you know what time you will be headed our way. We will be there all day Sunday too.

We are working on a design to accommodate 1/10 and 1/8 and make it work. We are open to ideas also.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jw_rooster
I think it's possible to accommodate both 1/10 and 1/8 on the outdoor track. With that being said, I am also thinking that 1/10 has made a huge comeback and 1/8 seems to have lost some popularity. I think it would be nice to have another outdoor venue to race in this state, glad the plan is to bring it back.
I don't want to bring this thread down at all but the only reason 1/8 popularity has lost steam is that there are no tracks to support it semi locally hence the resurgence of 10th scale. I know of many people in Oregon and Washington who would love to race 1/8 scale and have their rigs just sitting around collecting dust including myself! Many of these people are the people who are currently running 10th scale.
Ideas on how to make an 1/8 track 1/10 friendly or vise versa is a tough one! The NCT works so it is possible

P.S. 1/8 Buggy in my opinion is the flagship of all RC vehicles!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by motomanpat; 01-04-2014 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Just beacause
Old 01-04-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by motomanpat
I don't want to bring this thread down at all but the only reason 1/8 popularity has lost steam is that there are no tracks to support it semi locally hence the resurgence of 10th scale. I know of many people in Oregon and Washington who would love to race 1/8 scale and have their rigs just sitting around collecting dust including myself! Many of these people are the people who are currently running 10th scale.
Ideas on how to make an 1/8 track 1/10 friendly or vise versa is a tough one! The NCT works so it is possible

Well said Pat!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Agreed! Still have both my Buggys.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think it would be better to go 1/10. There could be a sweet 1/10 scale track with lots of detail or an 1/8 track that 10 guys show up all summer to run. Adding another 1/10 scale track would do lots of good especially in the lebanon/Albany area. Keep all the cg, Albany and Lebanon guys running all summer who can't make it to Dave's.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for your feedback. We are really working on making a track that will work for both. Endless hours of research! I am happy to see that there is interest in 1/8 scale.. We have had a lot of folks asking for a 1/10 scale track and very few looking for an 1/8 scale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.