Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree651Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks for the update! This track can't come soon enough. It's been really tough to justify the long drives to Tacoma, Marysville, Area52, etc - from Queen Anne. I really want this project to happen so please let me know if there's anything that I can do to help.

Mike
Old 07-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default City Council Meeting

The presentation to the SeaTac City Council for approval of the North SeaTac Racing Center has been scheduled for:

Tuesday, July 13, 6pm, SeaTac City Hall.

Everyone interested in this project is invited to attend. Please bring an electric r/c car. There will be a a PowerPoint presentation, Q&A with the council, and a vote.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
The presentation to the SeaTac City Council for approval of the North SeaTac Racing Center has been scheduled for:

Everyone interested in this project is invited to attend. Please bring an electric r/c car. There will be a a PowerPoint presentation, Q&A with the council, and a vote.
Mark your calendars guys and gals!

This could be the PacNW's PREMIER on and off road outdoor venue...

BE THERE!!

Old 07-07-2010, 09:59 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

That's next week Tuesday..can't go I have a schedule things to do...
Old 07-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

I'll be there. What's the deal with bringing an RC car? Just to show that we're legit or should I be prepared for some parking lot bashing?
Old 07-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
Mark your calendars guys and gals!

This could be the PacNW's PREMIER on and off road outdoor venue...

BE THERE!!

AWESOME PIC BILL!!!

Oh Geo's dreamy eyes...
Old 07-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would love to support, but I have class on Tuesday nights now. Good luck, guys.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Meeting Postponed

Our presentation to the SeaTac city council has been postponed.

As the project proceeds and gets much more real, it is also facing scrutiny from other agencies. In this case, the city attorney and Port of Seattle need to work out some particulars. Not surprising, and not at all discouraging. It's just government.

So, we are shooting for August, perhaps September.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Our presentation to the SeaTac city council has been postponed.

As the project proceeds and gets much more real, it is also facing scrutiny from other agencies. In this case, the city attorney and Port of Seattle need to work out some particulars. Not surprising, and not at all discouraging. It's just government.

So, we are shooting for August, perhaps September.
Hurry up and wait!

Keep us posted Todd.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNSmr5uany4

that is from NOR-CAL hobby, On road paved, with 1/8 scale off road, and on the right, 1/10 off road on there own track, the carpet track is in the building of course, but after Reedy, I'm sure its pretty shot. I believe after Nats new carpet goes in.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot

that is from NOR-CAL hobby, On road paved, with 1/8 scale off road, and on the right, 1/10 off road on there own track, the carpet track is in the building of course, but after Reedy, I'm sure its pretty shot. I believe after Nats new carpet goes in.
Whoa! RC Mecca!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skypilot

Yeah that's my old home track - before MSFT made me move up here to the RC black hole. This SEATAC track can't come soon enough.

Nor-cal is AWESOME! They have that great on-road track (which is hosting the upcoming Nats in Aug), a 1/10 short course dirt track (as they call it), a huge 1/8 dirt track (which will be hosting the ROAR 1/8 electric Nats in Sept), and in the winter the build out a big carpet track in their huge wharehouse/hobby shop. Right now it's just a bunch of pit tables.

I'll be there next week and I'll take a bunch of pics for you guys.

If I didn't love my tech job (and the paycheck) so much I'd consider doing something like Nor-Cal in the Seattle area. I know commercial tracks are a tough business but some of them flourish. The ones that don't just cater to the regulars, snubbing the noobs tend to do well.

If any of you are considering such a thing, make sure you read "The Experience Economy" by Joseph Pine. Trust me, it's a must-read.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I grew up in Fremont, well Jr high and High school anyway, AND as a matter of fact remember NOR-Cal when it was the Goodyear tires warehouse, and worked at the place they tore down to build the union city community center down the street. a few of us went to the Reedy Race there last month
Old 07-09-2010, 08:03 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdowney

I'll be there next week and I'll take a bunch of pics for you guys.

If I didn't love my tech job (and the paycheck) so much I'd consider doing something like Nor-Cal in the Seattle area. I know commercial tracks are a tough business but some of them flourish. The ones that don't just cater to the regulars, snubbing the noobs tend to do well.

If any of you are considering such a thing, make sure you read "The Experience Economy" by Joseph Pine. Trust me, it's a must-read.
I've considered doing this several times, I may even have a model that works; its hard to justify it though and everytime we have gotten to the point of potentially pulling the trigger on it common sense prevails.

You never know, one day the Seattle RC racers might be large enough to support it's own permanent indoor facility in a similar fashion that the flying clubs keep a field open.

I keep eyeing the old Steve and Barrys space at the Everett Mall, its something like 30k sq feet of two stories, enough room for s meglart of RC and two tracks and a indoor flying space.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

This is an interesting topic. I don't want to go too far off topic on this thread so I may start a new one up focused on "what makes a great commercial RC racing facility?" I bet it will become a popular thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.