Search

ECT Round 4 at PRCR

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Jack the Gripper

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...=Product-Feeds

I dont use tire sauce for offroad, But for onroad I use Jack the Gripper which has no odor.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ok so I talked to Jim today and just as I thought he stated that he will not allow TIRE "CONDITIONING" of any kind. If your tires currently have any odor, he advised that you keep them out of the bag and let the smell dissipate. The no tire "conditioning" rule has a few reasons, mainly due to the odor and the fact that the odor gives Kim, his wife (aka the big boss very bad headaches), and if no one uses any tire "conditioner", then everyone is on an equal playing field plus he simply said no. The staff will be walking around and checking and if you have been "conditioning" your tires you will be asked to put them away for the rest of the day in your car. There is a wash bucket on site with a simple green water solution for your use, so yes you can use simple green to CLEAN your tires. This is not a hard rule to follow please don't try to bend it to a what if situation.

The term conditioning includes doing anything that alters the original compound of the tire as it comes from the package. I hope this clarifies things some.

And like I said before there should be more than enough traction on the fresh track layout.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Fred I have a 55 gal drum at work, of pure simple green to wash the tires in just forget to bring the water.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCBLUE
Ok so I talked to Jim today and just as I thought he stated that he will not allow TIRE "CONDITIONING" of any kind. If your tires currently have any odor, he advised that you keep them out of the bag and let the smell dissipate. The no tire "conditioning" rule has a few reasons, mainly due to the odor and the fact that the odor gives Kim, his wife (aka the big boss very bad headaches), and if no one uses any tire "conditioner", then everyone is on an equal playing field plus he simply said no. The staff will be walking around and checking and if you have been "conditioning" your tires you will be asked to put them away for the rest of the day in your car. There is a wash bucket on site with a simple green water solution for your use, so yes you can use simple green to CLEAN your tires. This is not a hard rule to follow please don't try to bend it to a what if situation.

The term conditioning includes doing anything that alters the original compound of the tire as it comes from the package. I hope this clarifies things some.

And like I said before there should be more than enough traction on the fresh track layout.
Thanks for an answer.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jwg191
Hey Fred I have a 55 gal drum at work, of pure simple green to wash the tires in just forget to bring the water.
Simple Green makes the skin peel off my hands, it's not safe like Parargon.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I can't find the Roar Rule banning drivers from running stock, anyone have a link
Old 01-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6681146-post16.html
Old 01-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I think he meant the actual ROAR discussion

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...ng_Minutes.pdf

Page 5 and 6
Old 01-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by skypilot
I can't find the Roar Rule banning drivers from running stock, anyone have a link
It doesn't necessarily need to be a roar rule, it the series director's rule.

You don't run in the series, your just trying to start crap again, go fight with geo on your own thread.

Last edited by C_O_jones; 01-21-2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: sp
Old 01-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

OK no tire saucing rule is dumb open the doors to let the air flow through, and on a better note there are pictures from the ECT up at Mikes on the ECT web site but some how I put them on the 4 seasons race.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cruiser198
OK no tire saucing rule is dumb open the doors to let the air flow through.
What part of YOU WONT NEED IT, did I not expalin? Please tell me how to put that in a more clear manor. What a good idea lets open the doors and freeze just so we can use tire sauce. What did everyone do before there was buggy grip? I'm pretty sure they just ran equal tires. Hmmmm what a novel idea.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cruiser198
OK no tire saucing rule is dumb open the doors to let the air flow through, and on a better note there are pictures from the ECT up at Mikes on the ECT web site but some how I put them on the 4 seasons race.
The rule is there for a good reason and it was explained above. Sounds pretty simple to me. You pay the heating bill for a month and see what you think about leaving the doors open. Some people. And does anybody know how or when to use punctuation anymore. Jesus!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

I am very glad that I am not addicted to tire sauce.

It sounds like a tough habit to break.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

What did everyone do before there was buggy grip? I'm pretty sure they just ran equal tires. Hmmmm what a novel idea.
Lets see....Turpentine,Diesel,kerosene... To name a few.

Soooo.... We can't spray our tires with motor spray? But we can use motor spray on everything else?
Old 01-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

What part of YOU WONT NEED IT, did I not expalin? Please tell me how to put that in a more clear manor. What a good idea lets open the doors and freeze just so we can use tire sauce. What did everyone do before there was buggy grip? I'm pretty sure they just ran equal tires. Hmmmm what a novel idea.
Next your going to tell us that none of the guys from Portland were using traction compound at any of the other ECT's.
It is a one day race, the smell will dissipate a day or two after, and the building did have a Jack the Gripper soaked carpet for over a year with no lingering effects.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.