Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fantasy World 2004 Race Season

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

Post Setup Help

Anyone here have a Pro 4 that can help me with Stock Setup on the FW Track. I can't seam to get the car to settle down and I'm not sure where the issue is. Private message me plz..
Old 05-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Tech Legend

Default Air Gap

How does it work?

When you go to a softer insert say, green to red (hpi) does the red insert have more space for the air gap ?

Or do you have to trim the insert a bit to achieve a larger gap in the insert ?
Old 05-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Sorcerer001 for the promotion on behalf of RCSR. I'll see if I can answer some of the questions that have come up on this thread.
There will be power the club has a generator and I'll bring mine for a total of 8k. Bring your own cord and mutiple outlet.
We are going to have a bar-b-que on site you can get food and drink without leaving the lot.
Classes, needless to say we don't have 60 to 80 racers(yet) so classes are handled the best way we can. We will have Sport Stock(novice) and stock. Modified class will run with Pan cars like a lemans(multiple class) if ther are not sufficent mods to run a class.
Nitro sedan and 1/8th open will have a class.
The track will have a pass through to accomodate electric and nitro class. Wes designed a track at Liberty High that all classes loved.
A 19turn class is unlikely.
Thanks for the offer of use of you drivers stand. We just paid 1200 last year to have one built and the club members are pretty happy with it. Although I'd like to bolt it to a bus some time.
This race is a high profile event that we have worked hard on promoting. I have been working with the after school coordinator for the school district on funding for an RC club. We expect up to 50 prospective student racers and their parent to come to the race to see if they are interested in forming this club. This could be a tremendous boost for the sport in the Northwest. If this program is well recieved it would be possible to branch out to other schools and possibly have a High school championship in the future. These are the racers who will add to the on-road ranks.
Your participation in this race would be greatly appreaciated.

Larry Fellows
Old 05-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That would be really cool if the R/C club woul dget going. Woul dbe even cooler if It would branch out to other places cough... Juanita High School... cough...

-Sushi Boy
Old 05-04-2004, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wild Cherry: The thinner the insert the more air gap you get. I can't answer your question on how it works or why because I just don't know. I used the HPI inserts in the Sorex tires when I was in California at nationals because that's all they had. The tires felt pretty full. I don't know for sure if a thinner insert in the tire would have helped me but my car sucked that weekend. More companies are making thin and extra thin inserts now i.e. Sorex, Yokomo. Since I left that race in California 3 years ago I haven't used another HPI insert. I don't want to have flashbacks. For at least two years now I have been using the yok ZR-037F(less gap) and ZR-039F(more gap) with the Sorex 32 or 36(depending on track temp). That is what works for me. By no means is my car glued to the track and does spin out from time to time. So don't expect a miracle with them. If you want a car that's glued to the track slap on some Cyan and Magenta's and go run on some carpet.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Donny,

Whats this about a new truck?????

-Sushi Boy
Old 05-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Sushi Boy: The green machine's clutch started to slip so it was time to trade it in for a new truck. Now I'm really broke :-).
Old 05-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Well, I heard it was cool. Chevy Colorado?????? 20's???????

-Sushi Boy
Old 05-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by donny
Hey Sushi Boy: The green machine's clutch started to slip so it was time to trade it in for a new truck. Now I'm really broke :-).
clutch slip? time for a new truck I think a new clutch would of been cheaper.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rosecity
Thanks Sorcerer001 for the promotion on behalf of RCSR. I'll see if I can answer some of the questions that have come up on this thread.
There will be power the club has a generator and I'll bring mine for a total of 8k. Bring your own cord and mutiple outlet.
We are going to have a bar-b-que on site you can get food and drink without leaving the lot.
Classes, needless to say we don't have 60 to 80 racers(yet) so classes are handled the best way we can. We will have Sport Stock(novice) and stock. Modified class will run with Pan cars like a lemans(multiple class) if ther are not sufficent mods to run a class.
Nitro sedan and 1/8th open will have a class.
The track will have a pass through to accomodate electric and nitro class. Wes designed a track at Liberty High that all classes loved.
A 19turn class is unlikely.
Thanks for the offer of use of you drivers stand. We just paid 1200 last year to have one built and the club members are pretty happy with it. Although I'd like to bolt it to a bus some time.
This race is a high profile event that we have worked hard on promoting. I have been working with the after school coordinator for the school district on funding for an RC club. We expect up to 50 prospective student racers and their parent to come to the race to see if they are interested in forming this club. This could be a tremendous boost for the sport in the Northwest. If this program is well recieved it would be possible to branch out to other schools and possibly have a High school championship in the future. These are the racers who will add to the on-road ranks.
Your participation in this race would be greatly appreaciated.

Larry Fellows
na on the bus, lets bolt it onto a blown rat powerd vega!!!!! mmmmmmmmm the fastest 1/4 mile drivers stand on the west
coast....
Old 05-04-2004, 10:45 PM

anyone interested in going on a road trip to portland saturday???

or going to rain city saturday???
Old 05-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

dfritz: Not when they only gave me $800 for it on trade in. We drove that car for 11 years, it was done. The clutch was just leverage on the wife. I've been trying to talk her into a truck for a long time and finally succeeded.

ritchie: Brett was expressing some interest on making the trip to Oregon. I'm going to wait and see what kind of electric turnout they get before making the trip. I could be wrong, but it kind of sounds like it going to be mainly gas. It would be great track time for sombody going to nats.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:08 AM
Tech Addict

Track time for the Nats. Don't forget about the regionals. Same surface. Plus we are setting up the track on Friday morning. Track will be open from noon until dark. So double up triple up or what ever in a room at the Holiday Inn and join the party. Right now I'm trying to dream up an event for those of you who are around on Friday. Team relay maybe. 4 car teams same transponder hour long race. Something like that. Any one interested. We could do a blind draw, or better yet local teams.
Rain city
fantasy
RC plus
Rose city scale racing(2)
team Brood?
sarcar
anyone else?
Limited to 10 teams

Winning club would recieve a trophy for winning that could be displayed at their home shop or track. The defending champs would be reponsible for hosting the relay the following year and putting the trophy up for grabs. This would be fairly easy to do it would be a home track event at the time of their chosing and could be held during a two day event to encourge teams to travel and support the event. Carpet or asphalt who ever wins.
Small entry fee for cost of trophy 10$ per team or so. Or if a shop wanted to sponsor the event by buying the trophy it would be free.
RCSR has held enduro type races and they are a blast.

Then we step into the night club for some quality trash talk

Disclaimer: this is not an endorsement of trash talk by ROAR,RCSR or any of it's sponsors(if we have any) racers do so at their own risk. RCSR is not reponsible for hangovers, video poker losses or missed wake up calls.

Larry

Last edited by rosecity; 05-05-2004 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally posted by donny
I'm going to wait and see what kind of electric turnout they get before making the trip.
If you guys head down, we'll be that much closer to possibly having a full heat of electrics. We're just getting things rolling, many guys are just trying to figure out what they want to run for power. I'm sticking with my brushless setup, but don't mind getting my butt handed to me against open mod cars just to get some timed laps in.
What I'd really like to see is some F201's. My buddy Tim was up at Fantasy last weekend, said they were the most fun to watch. I've got one that I've never run, this may motivate me to finish building it.

- Brendon
Old 05-05-2004, 08:01 AM

f-1,, i got a spare, fully loaded with all the options except for the alum chassis brace. 150.00

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.