Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Race Results!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would love to go Brian and thanks for the warm invite. However, I have to work every Saturday right now so Im going to miss out.

I will be sure to organize my schedule next season so I can run the entire ECT!
Old 02-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sphere TC with or without the fan
Old 02-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
Always an excuse for constant sandbagging.There WAS a mod 2wheel class Sunday....so you could have ran mod. Its important for the health of the hobby that we let the up-and-comers win the stock classes...especially at club races.

I will be there Tuesday AND Sunday this week so we will see what happens. If you run mod and challenge yourself I will be proud. Why not challenge yourself like everyone else at your skill level?

You are a great guy who helps many racers all the time....but this sandbagging has got to stop for the good of the hobby. You know I am right!
Ritchie is saying that he didn't know there was a 2wd mod class, so thats why he put in the stock motor and I did the same thing for stock truck because there wasn't a mod truck class.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Always an excuse for constant sandbagging.There WAS a mod 2wheel class Sunday....so you could have ran mod. Its important for the health of the hobby that we let the up-and-comers win the stock classes...especially at club races.

I will be there Tuesday AND Sunday this week so we will see what happens. If you run mod and challenge yourself I will be proud. Why not challenge yourself like everyone else at your skill level?

You are a great guy who helps many racers all the time....but this sandbagging has got to stop for the good of the hobby. You know I am right!

THIS IS THE SAME OLE SAME OLE, I'VE BEEN RACING FOR 22 YEARS AND I KNOW WHAT BEST FOR THE SPORT/HOBBY BULLSHIT THAT WAS THE FIRST NAIL IN SIR'S COFFIN. REMEMBER A FEW YEARS BACK WHEN YOU CAME BACK FROM NATS WITH YOUR AMAZING G MAIN FINISH AND WERE GONNA REGULATE ON ALL THE SILVER CAN GUYS, SPOUTING OFF ABOUT WHO CAN AND CAN'T, WHO SHOULD AND SHOULDN'T BE RUNNING SILVER CAN. WELL GUESS WHAT, THAT WAS THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF SIR. YOU (WITH HELP) EFFECTLY KILLED THE CLASS THAT WAS THE MONEY MAKER FOR SIR AND IN A SINGLE STROKE, KILLED (TOOK THE FUN RIGHT OUT OF) 2WD FOR ME. While assembling my new pride and joy, george walked up and said... 'new buggy' yea george i'm gonna come play mod buggy with you, george smiled, I smiled, all was good with the RC. but oh NO, can't have fun racing with my friends. someones gotta hit me with a stick and say oh no you can't do that, no more fun for you. well F that and F you.

REWP. no need to pull the sedan apart, I've got a brand new 2wd that I will give you to run, (loaner, RTR minus battery)

once again, running at TRCR as been ruined for me.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
THIS IS THE SAME OLE SAME OLE, I'VE BEEN RACING FOR 22 YEARS AND I KNOW WHAT BEST FOR THE SPORT/HOBBY BULLSHIT THAT WAS THE FIRST NAIL IN SIR'S COFFIN. REMEMBER A FEW YEARS BACK WHEN YOU CAME BACK FROM NATS WITH YOUR AMAZING G MAIN FINISH AND WERE GONNA REGULATE ON ALL THE SILVER CAN GUYS, SPOUTING OFF ABOUT WHO CAN AND CAN'T, WHO SHOULD AND SHOULDN'T BE RUNNING SILVER CAN. WELL GUESS WHAT, THAT WAS THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF SIR. YOU (WITH HELP) EFFECTLY KILLED THE CLASS THAT WAS THE MONEY MAKER FOR SIR AND IN A SINGLE STROKE, KILLED (TOOK THE FUN RIGHT OUT OF) 2WD FOR ME. While assembling my new pride and joy, george walked up and said... 'new buggy' yea george i'm gonna come play mod buggy with you, george smiled, I smiled, all was good with the RC. but oh NO, can't have fun racing with my friends. someones gotta hit me with a stick and say oh no you can't do that, no more fun for you. well F that and F you.

REWP. no need to pull the sedan apart, I've got a brand new 2wd that I will give you to run, (loaner, RTR minus battery)

Ritchie you can run whatever class you want, I wouldn't even listen to what other people I have to say about you running in stock. We are just racing toy cars, we are supposed to be having fun, not complaining about what so and so runs for a class.

Last edited by Shirk; 02-23-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
Hey! your too old to be out there playing with those 30 something year old kids!
You just might teach them something.
Too old Richie ...not really.....Richie need to stop winning too many National titles...lol I think club race s/b fun and I think it is cool to race against the expert for fun and I know I do...
Old 02-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Initiate

I am new to stock and have no problem being beat by a better driver like ritchie or shirk. It is about fun and improving, with better drivers in my class I have to get better to win just like any other class and I have one or two less turtles in front of me. Now if I win soon because they are in mod, cool.. but if I could beat them in stock class I know i had improved. Don't about what class who runs in all aren't available every raceday. If a top driver goes out and gets a slash and wins all the slash races, I say awsome, show the neubs what real driving is.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

That ROAR nats you are refering to....I was 5th in 19turn and 7th in modified....get your facts strait...

I will leave you alone now...sorry for being an azz but I am against sandbagging....and you my friend are #1 in that area...

Enjoy continuing to beat the up-and-comers in the stock class...cuz that is what is fun for you...
Old 02-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I had to race Brownie in 2wd stock before. What a sandbagger that guy is! Shame on Bridgewater for beating up on us "up-and-coming" mod racers too.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

My point is simply that IMO the sponsored and national A-main drivers should be running mod if there are enough mod guys on a given day.

Ritchie, we disagree about something...not a big deal...sorry for hurting your feelings...hope to see you at the track...running mod with us I hope...but if not, you wont be hearing me giving you crap about it anymore...I will let it go now..
Old 02-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Smile

That ROAR nats you are refering to....I was 5th in 19turn and 7th in modified....get your facts strait...

I will leave you alone now...sorry for being an azz but I am against sandbagging....and you my friend are #1 in that area...

Enjoy continuing to beat the up-and-comers in the stock class...cuz that is what is fun for you...

I was sad Ritchie didn't race stock truck last night....(coming from an up and comer stock guy) It really shows guys like me what to shoot for.

So please keep your comments to yourself and don't try to chase away the best drivers in the stock class. In fact maybe you should throw in a stock motor and show us how it's done. I might learn something as you go by !
Old 02-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default Cut the bags.

I remember a certain era at TRCR when a guy named Justin H. was kicking everyone's balls in in 2wd stock for seemingly a 2 year span. It was frustrating, but if you want to be good at anything, you have to persevere. Yeah, there were times when I said f*ck racing him any more. Then a few of us back-markers in 2wd stock came up with the 4wd stock class for guys like me who needed to get a taste of victory once in a while just to remind myself why I do this. Guys like Mike Shea, Terry(RIP), Jim Reeve, and myself had a ball racing that class. We all got some wins in that class and that gave us the confidence to race 2wd stock again.

If people are unhappy about a dominant racer in a stock class and quit because of it, I think there are some motivation issues that need to be addressed internally. If you really want to win, you will keep trying until you can beat that dominant racer. Luke Smith. Case and point.

... I used to race once...
Old 02-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

F that Ritchie! I was excited to run stock buggy with you (and Shook, Gould, EE, and pretty much everyone else that regularly mops the floor with me). It's a great learning experience to see the fast guys' setups and lines...and since when is stock a beginner's class anyway? Throw a 13.5 in that GV2 and let it rip. Better yet, come down to 4S on Thurs and let the bug bite you again.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eazy D
If people are unhappy about a dominant racer in a stock class and quit because of it, I think there are some motivation issues that need to be addressed internally. If you really want to win, you will keep trying until you can beat that dominant racer.

+1

Old 02-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'd be more proud of 3rd or 4th place in a field of good drivers than 1st in a field of the leftover drivers when all the good drivers move to mod.

4seasons has a ton of good drivers running 2wd stock right now and it's a blast. I don't expect to win, but I took 2nd to Shook on Saturday, and to me, that's as good as a win. I don't expect to beat some guys, but the day I can stay on their tail, I'll know I'm getting there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.