Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast Hobby Break-in

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 11:22 PM
Tech Rookie

You might want to keep a eye out for people trying to sell stuff this weekend at the Hobby show in Pasco at the old K-mart building?
Old 02-22-2004, 01:42 PM

It is a true shame that things like this happen. There is a chance that I might come home for a week or two in a few weeks and I'm looking for the chance to help out in any way shape or form to help get WestCoast Hobbies Back on its feet.

Before I became a Marine, WestCoast was the biggest thing in my life and I can not say enough about how much Darren has sacraficed and put in himself to give us a facility. I just hope that it doesn't put him out of buisness.

I was supprised after the first break-in and once darren took measures to put in an alarm I thought that another was out of the question. And in order to bypass the alarm like they did it really makes it more bitter because it means that it wasn't a bunch of punk kids but some one with at least a little bit of inteligence.

Semper Fidelis
Old 02-24-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm kinda hoping this might give some of the company's that westcoast sells their products for might possibly kick in product here and their to possibly help you guys regain your shop and not have to close down. It would'nt take much to help alittle. I wish I could help out financially, but I can't right know, but you guys are in my prayers, and that these people screw up and are brought to justice!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Rookie

So has there been any new developments? I hope that kharma is real and that these guys get their balls busted.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

word has it Westcoast Hobby is re-opening this Saturday
Old 02-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Yes there is a club race this Saturday.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thats right. Racing this Saturday at one. Hope everyone can make it. Mike Dana you coming??? J/k.

Darren
Old 02-27-2004, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't know.........I'm having a tough time finding foams and an electric motor to fit my X5

I'm REALLY glad to hear your sticking with it Darren! I can't even imagine how you must have felt. I need to buy you a beer or 2 sometime maybe Round #2 of the series???? Let me know......
Old 02-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Tech Rookie

That's great Darren, I've got a lot of respect for you for not quitting. Let me know when you decide to start work on the outdoor track, I'll come out and help. I'll see about getting big Z out to help too.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:53 AM

In Light of the recent break-in the club race this saturday brought out people that haven't been around for quite awhile and had a big turn out. If the robber get caught or not maybe they'll see that West Coast (mostly Darren) is too motivated/strong to just quit.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:31 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for coming out to race Ken!!
Old 03-01-2004, 02:31 AM
Tech Initiate

coming from a person who has had a life of trouble my advice is to do the following.

1. try to think of any unknowns who came in and bought little to nothing in the week before the robbery.(casing the joint)

2.look to othe hobbie shops in the area for people buying or ordering parts for the bft and the twin titan.(rare and fast enough to break easy)

3. check message boards that have sales forums.

4. definatly check the hobby show

5. look for new local racers sombody local will almost definatly have one of your kits

6.keep in constant touch with the local athorities

7. consider hirind a privet investigator

just my 2 cents hope it helps alittle
Old 03-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Darren this Kevin give me a call I have some info on somehting I saw looked kind of fishy. If you Don't have number Brett does.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

come on people this stuff just did not disapear.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Initiate

so any news on the breakin i hope sombody got caught.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.