Wiki Posts
Search

Tri-Cities onroad racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Tri-Cities onroad racing

like the title says is there going to be any carpet down in the tri-cities this winter???

the racing here in spokane has hit the Wall big time
nowhere to run but a little rug maybe 50'x25'
and it seems this year there are only goning to be 3 classes
a micro recoil vendetta,12th,and maybe stock tc
with all sorts of restrictions

so for the few of us that like to go fast and simply just can't make the trip over to the west side of the mountian ever weekend or every other

tri-cities is the closest thing!

Last edited by Casey Belarde; 11-23-2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: stand corrected lol
Old 10-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I hope we do, but it ain't looking good. Maybe a race or two around the Tri-Cities NWIC race.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howerc
I hope we do, but it ain't looking good. Maybe a race or two around the Tri-Cities NWIC race.
well shoot!!
Old 11-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

ust wanted to make the announcement that it looks like we have landed a small carpet facility for this winter. The track will be small so we will do it on a trial basis for a few races and if people like what we have going on we will try and keep it through the winter. Track will be ozite carpet in the Dimensions of about 53' x 36', yes that is a teeny tiny track, but unless another racer has a nice facility that is dirt cheap we get what we get. Some of you will remember the Kmart track inside the pasco indoor fleamarket was similar in size and we still had some good battles and fun races. Be sure to click on read more or visit the forums for more information

The idea is to have a place to wheel over the winter to keep your skills up for next summer and/or possibly find out that carpet racing is your thing. Due to the track size we will have to shrink down the Touring car class sizes to exclude mod motors. At this time everything is wide open as we just confirmed the space today. Hit up the threads in the Forum and let us know your opinions. But a rough outline will be to stay with the every 2 weeks of racing following along the offroad schedule. The bonus is a night of OVAL racing! so the concept may detail out that lets say Friday Night OVAL, then Saturday or Sunday is road coarse racing.......

The On Road classes would try and mimmick the Northwest Indoor Championship Series to some degree minus the fast cars

None of this is official just rough conversations between Darren, Justin and Jesse who will be out front in leading this winter racing

Road Course -On Road

17.5 or 27T Touring Car

13.5 1S or 4 Cell 1/12

13.5 1S or 4 Cell WGT

Road Course- Off Road

Stock Short Course (17.5, 27T or RTR motor, on kit tires NO PINS or AFTERMARKET)

2WD Truck (most likely 17.5 or 27T motors)

1/18 scale

And OVAL would have similar offroad classes and add NASCAR and Sprint Car or Losi Slider type cars!!!

This is not the ideal building size but we will do our best to make it work, pit space will be limited so plan on having 1/2 of a 6 foot pop up table as your pit space but hey we have a WARM place to battle
Old 11-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

First Carpet Race will be wednesday night oval Nov 25th... the Turkey Shoot Oval Race

Start time will be 7pm
Cost Will be $5

Address is
10121 Clearwater Ave
Kennewick Wa

Entrance at Back of Mountian View Medical Suites. This track is only open when Justin, Darren, or Jesse is present so please do not disrupt occupants of building, they will not know where the RC track is and they can not get you in to the Track

More details to come

remember 3 cars equal a class
expect the following classes

17.5 Touring Car Rubber Tire
Nascar Oval
Stock Short Course
Stock Truck

And possibly if 3 show
13.5 Touring Car
Sprint Car/Slider
1/18 scale
WGT 13.5 1S or 4cell nimh

ALL OFFROAD CARS MUST RUN FOAM TIRES WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SHORT COURSE WHICH MUST RUN THE KIT TIRES THESE WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE RACING TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE CLEAN AND NOT TO DAMAGE THE CARPET!

more details soon
Old 11-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

we follow the three cars = a class rule so 3 of anything will run... I found an old school switchblade 1/12 in the closet gonna try and get it together to run and the TC5 is on the way!
Well with us working folks running the show we are going to start at 7pm so we can get off work grab a bite to eat and then get to the track.
Thanksgiving is the next day so if our first program takes a bit long people shouldnt have to go to work the next day. And if any out of towner needs a place to crash I could chat the wife up about loaning the guest room out its only a full size bed so if two of you want to cuddle :wacko:

What I expect for sure will be running on next Wed is 17.5 Rubber Touring Car, Nascar (1/10 pan car 27T/17.5) Oval, and Stock Short Course Kit Tire (27T, RTR, 17.5 - on kit tire)
What has a possibility of running is 13.5 TC (unknown tire), 1/12 1S or 4 cell, Slider/Sprint, Foam Tire Stock Truck or anything that pulls in 3 cars for a class (1/18, 1/14 etc...). But the it is up to people to bring out the cars. totally blind on what kind of turnout we will get.... short notice and all could see 10 people could see 30

Possible oval practice this weekend more details as available
Old 11-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Well as announced earlier we have winter racing in the Tri-Cities Area! The 2009-2010 schedule will follow a similar schedule to the offroad racing in the Summer. Download and print your copy of the schedule and get the word out. I think we will run a 6 race series with the best 3 counting for points and a 1 pt bonus for every race you attend. So the First Oval Race ( Tomorrow! ) and the First Road race(Dec 5th) will be nice warmup races but will not count towards series points. Hope to see everyone out for some tight carpet track racing, its a whole new world from Outdoor offroad.

DOWNLOAD THE WINTER SCHEDULE HERE

Old 11-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Well the opening race at the winter track is completed. Even with light entries it was a blast. 4 classes ran in total, Nascar, Stock Touring Car, Stock Truck, and Stock Short Course. Congrats to all the winners! The next Oval race will be Dec 9th but be sure to check out the tight track racing of the road coarse on Saturday Dec 5th!

A Main Results

Individual Results Folder
Old 11-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Congratulations on the first of the season Justin and Darren.

Keep 'em rolling kids.....

Jacko
Old 12-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So, how do we sign up for the race? It's about a month away now, and I'm looking forward to racing on the dry side.

TTFN,
Grem
Old 12-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Darren should have it posted on www.wheretoracerc.com in the next week or 2 for the nwic race.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

12/19 Results

http://www.tricitiesrc.com/php/resul...ResultsAAA.pdf