Portland R/C Raceway...It's Official!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Portland R/C Raceway...It's Official!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

From what I saw it looked like a very succesful opening day for Portland R/C Raceway. The pits were full, the driver's stand was busy, and cars were MOOOOOVIN. Awesom facility, toasty warm, (anyone want to buy a propane heater), can't wait to get back out there. Congratulations to the Dunlaps.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadBlanton
What is everyone running?

Tom Davies?
Randy?
Dave Noel - are you on here??
Rob Dunlap?
Swede?
Todd Powell?

Just curious ... could easily be tempted into a fresh car!!!
I am in for
Stock Truck
Stock Slash
4 wheel Mod and
Electric 1/8th scale if they have it.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by oldguyzrule
A few pic's from the new track..................

The track and facility look fantastic. Thanks for all you hard work. Looking forward to racing.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default cost

how much to race?will there be a free practice day?track looks nice,weird to see it go from carpet to dirt.looks great
Old 11-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Default HELLO

HELLO ALL I will agree with what all is being said. LET Me add one more. The crew that are runing the track and other drivers are more then willing to help ya if you have a problem . They all will step up and help if they can.

Both of us learn that tonight. MY Self I had a motor problem and I talk to JIM and Joe and both help me with it and save me a 13.5 motor.

FOR I had strip out one of my motor hold down screws . So I was looking at a new motor or maybe a new case. So both of them look it over and Joe took time to show me I can use another screw hole that I was not aware of and it even works better. Thankyou Joe and JIM.

So we now again have a crew that is willing help ya and if they can save you a couple of bucks they will do what they can for ya.

Kim and Tiff are good at trying to help and if they cant They will ask Jim or Joe ft they can help. It is so nice to see them again.
This is a VERY nice and kind family ! SO yes That track along with the crew will be very a track worth your time to look into.

It was neat to see alot of you that we have not seen in years. In many ways it was like Going back to Aero that alot of us started at many years ago. BUT now we have heat and out of the cold and wet wether that we all remember under the tarps. It was really neat to see Mark/jody they were there as well and stop by to say hi. Some of us older Drivers started with them at aero Back in the days.

TO THE DUNLAPS AND JOE THANKYOU SO KINDLY FOR the new track and ALL OF THOSE FOR PUTTING TOGETHER A FINE PLACE FOR ALL OF US.
Thank you agian.!!

ONE MORE THING A BIG THANK YOU TO GARY CULP FOR BUILDING VERY STRONG AND NEAT PIT TALBES.
THEY WORK GRATE FOR WE USE THE LAST ONE OVER BY THE SECOND DOOR TONIGHT GOOD JOB GARY!!! WE LIKE THAT TOP SHELF IT REMINDS OF 4 SEASONS UP IN OLYIMPIA WA. It is very handy to use .

DON YOUR ONLY VINTAGE DRIVER WELL SO FAR.
Ps.
yes I had my vintage there tonight. I have found I like my RC gold pan buggieshe will work best for me at this track.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Had soooooo much fun today. Hope everyone comes out for Tuesday first race day!

Learned alot about passing people today. sorry for all the bump and goes but I started getting real good at it.

For all you that were checking your lap times today. Joe clicked off a few 12.1's and 12.3's on an open track.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Had soooooo much fun today. Hope everyone comes out for Tuesday first race day!

Learned alot about passing people today. sorry for all the bump and goes but I started getting real good at it.

For all you that were checking your lap times today. Joe clicked off a few 12.1's and 12.3's on an open track.
I did that with my slash!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Another guy and I got down to 12.5 with our 2wd's. And a 12.2 for my 4wd.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JSmall
I would like to say THANK YOU to the Dunlap's and Joe. Erica and I had a great day. It was lots of hard work, but well worth it after today. I would also like to say sorry to anyone that I ran into today Greg, Andy, Justin...just to name a few It wasn't intentional. Other than a few minutes yesterday, that was the first time I had a controller in my hand. I can't wait until Tuesday.
No worries man, it's all for fun. I screwed up often enough and hit other people. There was a lot of people there today and the track just got crowded at times.

The track is awesome. The place came together really nice, awesome facility to race at. Can't say enough good things about the place and the people involved.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JSmall
I would like to say THANK YOU to the Dunlap's and Joe. Erica and I had a great day. It was lots of hard work, but well worth it after today. I would also like to say sorry to anyone that I ran into today Greg, Andy, Justin...just to name a few It wasn't intentional. Other than a few minutes yesterday, that was the first time I had a controller in my hand. I can't wait until Tuesday.
Dude its all good Super fun bashing around with ya with the SC10's
Old 11-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Thanks again to everyone that helped make this all possible and all the kind words.

The Grand Opening went great! It was really cool to meet everyone that I havent seen yet since living up here.

I will be around to help out if anyone has any questions on car set-ups or racing.

Hopefully those of you that couldnt make it today will stop by and check us out this week sometime.

Thanks again for everyones support!
JP
Old 11-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Joe have you decided on a weekly schedule and race days other than Tuesday?

Thanks you all are great.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was there for a few minutes this morning to take a look. Good job guys. The place looks nice. Good luck to you guys and hope this place can stay around for a while.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

I'll be running pro-stock buggy, maybe pro-stock truck. can't wait to get back out there, won't be there Saturday, family plans, but will be back out Sunday for another day of practice.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

the pictures are looking great. i can't wait until i can have some time to head down to try out the new track.

Gould

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.