Search

Spokane Onroad Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Spokane Onroad Racing

we are racing on the 1st and 3rd weekend of the month
track is located off of evergreen by where the Old Joe's sporting goods use to be
We started a new onroad club called URCAR with hopes tp revive the onroad scene here in spokane
race fees are $15 non member, $10 member
and I believe it is only $10 to join can't remember I sure Doc will correct me if wrong

saturday is a practice and test and tune day
sunday is racing

the track is HUGE!!!!!! and SMOOTH!!!!!!

here is a pic of the track
Attached Thumbnails Spokane Onroad Racing-onroad.jpg  
Old 06-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

is the track permanent? or is the lot being Borrowed?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

the track is up for the summer
Doc was going to talk to the magagement who we are on good terms with and see if we can't make it perm. location and lay some paint down
Old 06-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Dialed looking track! Might have to head over and get some mod time in over there. Is there many running mod or is it all nitro?

Keep us updated on upcoming weekends... I might be able to get a group to head over with me....

Kody
Old 06-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for posting that Casey. Noiw I know why I have to call you to get to the track on race weekends...................we actually run on the 2nd & 4th weekends of each month!!!

The layout we have right now is 300' x 100', with an 1100' centerline.
Not to worry though, the straight is only 210'. It's got a little of everything - high speed and flowing with a bit of a technical section. We can, and do shorten the back straight for those electric classes that might feel intimidated.

We've just started racing, and have yet to have an elec. TC class. That class pretty much disappeared over the last couple years - as most classes have. We need to have some folks show up, just to help get the exposure back in this town. So, for this year, we will extend the club entry fee rate to all out-of-towners who show up. We will continue to do that next year, provided you belong to a club in your area.

The track is worth the drive, so if you're in the mood for a good race weekend.........come on over. The racers here would be glad to have you!!!

Doc
Old 06-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Moogumby
is the track permanent? or is the lot being Borrowed?
We are still working with the city of Post Falls, Idaho to secure a permanent facility there. (20 minutes east) That is probably still 1 - 2 years down the road.

For now we have an excellent site, conveniently located, and with a great property owner. We may well be able to stay there until we get the perm. thing completed. So for now, I'm quite pleased.........and the racers are as well.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

here are some pictures of Doc's IGT and my 1/10th mugen mtx4r playing in the rain last wed. night
Attached Thumbnails Spokane Onroad Racing-img_8126.jpg   Spokane Onroad Racing-img_8168.jpg  
Old 06-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by onerun
Thanks for posting that Casey. Noiw I know why I have to call you to get to the track on race weekends...................we actually run on the 2nd & 4th weekends of each month!!!

The layout we have right now is 300' x 100', with an 1100' centerline.
Not to worry though, the straight is only 210'. It's got a little of everything - high speed and flowing with a bit of a technical section. We can, and do shorten the back straight for those electric classes that might feel intimidated.

We've just started racing, and have yet to have an elec. TC class. That class pretty much disappeared over the last couple years - as most classes have. We need to have some folks show up, just to help get the exposure back in this town. So, for this year, we will extend the club entry fee rate to all out-of-towners who show up. We will continue to do that next year, provided you belong to a club in your area.

The track is worth the drive, so if you're in the mood for a good race weekend.........come on over. The racers here would be glad to have you!!!

Doc
looks fun. Kody let me know when you're heading that way and i'll try to make arrangements to go too...
Old 06-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

were talking yesterday... if you guys host the regionals the last weekend of Aug. think we can call come over for it before we head off to vegas.

ZR
Old 06-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

I know Doc has his bid in for the regionals just waiting to hear back from them I guess??
What dates work for everyone on that side of the mountain???
Old 06-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

I have tentatively set the date as Aug. 29 & 30. Should know from ROAR (hopefully) by end of next week. I won't hold my breath though!

Just plan on that date and we'll be good, regardless of ROAR.

Thanks,
Doc