Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Daves R/C Tracks Hubbard,OR

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Photo from the future.... Dave's R/C tracks drivers meeting. Looks like Joe is doing a fine job here in the Northwest.
Attached Thumbnails Daves R/C Tracks    Hubbard,OR-uddnn1.jpg  

Last edited by Cameron Kellogg; 09-18-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg

As with any chassis it is only as tough as the driver. Hit the wall or a pipe and something could break. Practice, practice, practice is the key to going fast... and running Kyosho chassis and Orion motors.
(had to add that in there)
Absolutely! The driving makes the difference. For instance when I raced my kids Duratrax in the stock truck class I finished in the middle of the pack above several Losi and AE trucks. It's great to be racing with so many good drivers as it makes everyone faster. I know that without some of you guys pushing us to go faster and drive cleaner we would not have the awesome level of competition that we do. I look forward to getting some wheel time alongside you in with the trucks. I've always admired your driving skill and am hoping some of it will rub off on me.

It does help to have the pros helping with setup though.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

It's almost 5:00 and its FRIDAY

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

Ok guys. We are looking good for the track change tomorrow. Only a 50% chance of rain between 6am and 9am and the rest of the day is supposed to shape up nicely.

If you are free PLEASE come help us so we can get some more racing in this year. Some pipes are already pulled up and the tractor is ready and waiting. It's gonna be an awesome track!

Plan on getting to Dave's at about 9am or as soon as you can make it if you plan on coming later.

Again, for those who can make it out to help your racing fees will be waived for the rest of the year. Oval guys included.

On seperate note, oval racing was fun tonight. Sorry Dave.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I will be out there around 11 probably
Old 09-19-2009, 01:18 AM
Tech Addict

Default Good racing / RC 10

HEY It was fun tonight at the track lots of good oval racing . I just love oval . Dave and the crew did a good job like allways. Thank you all!!

BY the way the RC 10 is still up for grabs . THE Deal did not go through so those that ask about it tonight send me a PM then we can talk about it .

So lets HOPE FOR another Oval night soon. As of right now I may not be at the track untill later in the afternoon on Sunday. Next weeks oval night looks good for sure.I hope it stays that way!!! DON .
Old 09-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Track change is a go! See you guys out there!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Special thanks to Roger Seim, Joseph Teubner, Lance Dewitt, Will Berger, Andy Dibrino, Shake and Bake Jake, and his friend he brought with him. We all worked really hard today and the track change is nearly complete. We will have it finished tomorrow. With that said there will be no racing this weekend. We are planning on racing next weekend on the new layout weather permitting.

We have enough helpers tomorrow thanks to the guys mentioned above. For you guys make sure to bring your rigs so we can all enjoy the fruits of our labor and get in some play on the new track tomorrow. (Helpers only.)

For those of you who couldn't make it the track is awesome but you'll have to wait until next weekend to see it.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Darn my lame saturday working job lol!

Just wanted to say oval was wicked fun friday. First time out but had a blast.. Picked up 2 new lipos today and got 2 more on the list of needs as well as another charger lol.. $$$$

U sure we can't get a big huge tent donated to cover the tracks for winter? I got a heat we can use haha
Old 09-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am heading out real soon
Old 09-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave Kingman
Special thanks to Roger Seim, Joseph Teubner, Lance Dewitt, Will Berger, Andy Dibrino, Shake and Bake Jake, and his friend he brought with him. We all worked really hard today and the track change is nearly complete. We will have it finished tomorrow. With that said there will be no racing this weekend. We are planning on racing next weekend on the new layout weather permitting.

We have enough helpers tomorrow thanks to the guys mentioned above. For you guys make sure to bring your rigs so we can all enjoy the fruits of our labor and get in some play on the new track tomorrow. (Helpers only.)

For those of you who couldn't make it the track is awesome but you'll have to wait until next weekend to see it.
Nice job guys. I'm working next weekend too so take some pics when you can.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default Futaba AM

Any of you bum's have an old radio and receiver with crystals, or a Futaba AM radio with rx/tx crystals?.....................for free!!! just helpin' out a neighbor kid.

ken.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Alrighty guys. The track change is complete and it is sweet! Thanks again to all the guys who helped out. Lots of elevation changes, tabletops, doubles, triples, a kick ass rythym section. Easy to drive but difficult to time everything right to get the ultra fast laps. Lots of straight aways and a tight infield. Again thanks to everyone who made this change happen. We put a lot of sweat into building it and it shows. A track we can be proud of.

We did a little bit of driving on it this afternoon and the consensus was it's awesome!

So... Racing is on for Saturday. We will start the rounds at 11am instead of 12. Since we will need to patch any damage to the track at the end of the day plan on sticking around to help out. It shouldn't take long but since we don't know if that will be the last day of racing we need to have the surface ready in case the rains come so when spring rolls around we are ready to go. We look forward to burning up some dirt with all of you next weekend on the new layout.

Friday the 25th Oval Racing at 7pm. Dollar dogs off the grill.

Saturday the 26th Offroad Racing at 11am gates open at 9am. Dollar dogs. We'll replace our divots at the end of the mains.

Be there or be wishing you were there.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Its by far the most fun track I have drove on. Its a super great track that will bring great racing with multiple passing oppurtunitys.

I drove my Kyosho RB5 with a 17.5 BL motor and it was great. All the jumps could be cleared. And I drove my B44, which was also fun becuase of the high speed sections. I think what we came up with this weekend will be tough to beat.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

The new layout is awesome.!.! Its fast, but has just enough in it to make you work a bit. I think everone will be happy with what we came up with.

I enjoyed helping make it happen, and it was an absolute pleasure working with the people that were there. Good job guys I think we did great!

Can't wait till this weekend!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.