Wiki Posts
Search

On Road Class Consolidation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot

(btw, even with all the pissing and moaning, we all still hug, but in a manly man way)
Now thats funny right there
Old 02-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Swede#1
Now thats funny right there
yeah we might argue on here. but its really not arguing.. its more like passionate debating there are only a few people that get bent out of shape. the rest of the people on this thread are good people and i consider myself lucky to be able to compete with them. everyone is always helpful and will freely tell you how to get as fast as them... that way they have someone new to compete with. I want for someone to be the same speed as me and battle it out with me. Rdog, les, patrick, todd, and myself have all had some pretty good battles in GT3 and 17.5 and WGT... no matter what tho. you cant go wrong with getting a 17.5 power'd rubber tired x-ray. it was the most popular class the last round of NWIC.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot

(btw, even with all the pissing and moaning, we all still hug, but in a manly man way)
Viking warrior hugs, then a feast of raw meat served by wenches.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Legend

Swede

Sedan drivers are just a bunch of whinie little girls....
Old 02-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Drillit

DO ANY OF YOU want a Beginner 12th class......Take Ron Smith's RC PLUS lead and Make a SPORTSMAN 12th 5min. now 6 minute Class..........been working really well so far, just ask any of the guys that are at the track 6days a week keeping the groove up Then saturdays roll around and we get our 8 min shot at it...way

Mark
Mark,
When I first started, I was running 1/12 stock, which was 27T brushed, with an 8-minute heat. Six minutes with the new stock motor, 17.BL, sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't want to spend $250-300 on a new ESC/motor to run it brushless. I *am* going to rebuild by 12L with a GTX and a 27T brushed motor.

That's the thing that's really bugging me--everything has to be brushless now. Don't get me wrong, I love brushless, but there is so much good equipment still around for brushed motors, and the ROAR rules seem to indicated that stock is 17.5BL or 27T brushed, and super-stock is 13.5BL or 19T brushed.

TTFN,
Grem
Old 02-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Hi Bruce, would "novice" ease the pain? I've been playing with my cars since winter of 05 and don't recall a stock 12th class being offered where WE race, I may be mistaken but have been told that we run 19t because of consolodation type reasons.......not enough 12s to split stock and mod....
Yes 'sportsman' is something Ron at RC PLUS came up with...it works really well......I have the current record...so.......I'm runnin for the adrenaline of it and they're havin' fun....win-win situation.

people are looking for the biggest result with the least amount of effort.

oh my god, I bought an 09 and didn't win......piece of junk car!
A smile on your face tells many more people who's having the most fun!!!!!!!

now.....how deep should the classes get before they split/support 2 motors?D's, E 's, F's?

Mark

Last edited by Drillit; 02-20-2009 at 02:21 AM. Reason: totally forgot sportsman 12as a stock class
Old 02-20-2009, 04:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Drillit
Hi Bruce, would "novice" ease the pain? I've been playing with my cars since winter of 05 and don't recall a stock 12th class being offered where WE race, I may be mistaken but have been told that we run 19t because of consolodation type reasons.......not enough 12s to split stock and mod....
Yes 'sportsman' is something Ron at RC PLUS came up with...it works really well......I have the current record...so.......I'm runnin for the adrenaline of it and they're havin' fun....win-win situation.

people are looking for the biggest result with the least amount of effort.

oh my god, I bought an 09 and didn't win......piece of junk car!
A smile on your face tells many more people who's having the most fun!!!!!!!

now.....how deep should the classes get before they split/support 2 motors?D's, E 's, F's?

Mark
Mark,
When I started R/C racing at Big Dad's, we had stock and 19T 1/12 scale most of the nights. There were quite a few racers with 1/12 scale, and we usually had at least three in each class.

With the regionals having triple A's but single B's, C's, etc, it doesn't really matter about novice/beginner/intermediate/etc., as long as we have resorts early and often

TTFN,
Grem
Old 02-20-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Swede

and he posts this twice even thou he has access to this link, seems off roaders just like to throw stones at glass houses

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...evoving-2.html
Old 02-20-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sedan delivery is a job I know I'll keep. It sure was hard to find.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Swede

It's spelled "whiny".

I suppose you yelling at people from the drivers' stand last night wasn't whining...

Maybe Wild Chihuahua is a better name. "Bark bark bark bark bark!!!"

Attached Thumbnails On Road Class Consolidation Thread-ma_021chihuahua.jpg  
Old 02-20-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Smile

Originally Posted by jubilee
It's spelled "whiny".

I suppose you yelling at people from the drivers' stand last night wasn't whining...

LOL
Old 02-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by jubilee
It's spelled "whiny".

Is that tear`s I see?

I`m Lhasa Apso fan , Just love and kiss`s and they don`t bark like a mouse...

No voice yet , are you sure?

No way I could of yelled at anyone ...
Old 02-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grem
Mark,
When I started R/C racing at Big Dad's, we had stock and 19T 1/12 scale most of the nights. There were quite a few racers with 1/12 scale, and we usually had at least three in each class.

With the regionals having triple A's but single B's, C's, etc, it doesn't really matter about novice/beginner/intermediate/etc., as long as we have resorts early and often

TTFN,
Grem
For Stock ROAR permits both 27T brushed and 17.5 brushless stock motors so I would think clubs running stock would allow both.

For 2009 however ROAR changed super stock from 10.5 / 19T to 13.5 only.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Is that tear`s I see?

I`m Lhasa Apso fan , Just love and kiss`s and they don`t bark like a mouse...

No voice yet , are you sure?

No way I could of yelled at anyone ...
Ahh George I'm just pitching you some crap....I assume if you can dish it on the forums you can take a little!

Oh yeah, Gary yelled right back at you dude. Unless that was another sweatpants wearing, fluorescent pink mod driver up there...

Nice driving by the way...good for noobs like me to watch and learn from you fast guys.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Still to complicated.......stop trying to make a class for every motor, battery, speedo combination....it's no wonder nothing ever gets decided in retrospect to on road racing. the good news is its got a ton of interest right now and hopefully "THIS" is not discouraging people.

PS...if you "race" rc........should couple hundred dollar investment in something be out of the realm of possibility. Whether it's lipo, brushless, brushed, stick pack, round cell, crystals or dsm. throw down and race and if your not on pace well. It's time buck up and spend some dough. Whether it converting to lipo or moving to a brushless set up.....to much time is being spent trying to catorgorize everyone and make sure everyone is racing the same setup and at similar paces. Hey racin cost money, and to be fast, or go fast , turn crappy in my case ....costs money. Bottom line, if you wanna be fast it's not gonna happen with out time and money invested. Not cut off for mains I would rather bump from the f main all the way to the c main and go home happy and entertained then race a main with a few cars in it. IMO

I assumed this thread was started to simplify TC class discussions and not cover all the spec class's like WGT, F-1, T/A, and mini. If i am incorrect please feel free to correct me. Stock racin to me is 13.5/17.5 and anything lower(10.5-3.5) should be mod.

until then I can't wait to race some body bashin action this spring.

Reminder, Saturday Four Season's will be holding there meeting @ 6pm at dirty daves to get a consesus of the class's we will be offering.. the meeting is open to anyone that wants to be heard and encouraged to attend. The meeting will determine the touring class we will be runnin and the spec class's we will offer. Sounds like a couple of staples, 13.5 tc and F-1 or WGT or both. Mod tc been discussed a little. Tire wear is a concern on the super high bite asphalt with mod but I'd run some if we had a class. Should be fun though, we will also discuss schedule( last year was every other sat.), and possible series ideas, work partys to prepare the track for the season, which mainly consists of cleaning the surface. last year brian shook pressure washed the whole surface by himself. I think he should be exempt from that this year. So if you can make it the meeting will take place after the off road race on saturday. racin starts at 2.00 pm. We are trying to fit in with other existing on road races and not to interfer with there schedules and become part of the nw onroad racing program. All ideas are welcome and up for discussion. So comeone come all we have a room reserved at Dirty daves which is right down the street from garys on the way to the highway!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.