Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outdoor FREE Slash track in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001
It's your tail on the line, not mine. My input WAS thoughtful, slick. I'd rather not hear about this on the news - A group of guys with toy cars vandalizing private property, the owners pressing charges of trespassing... I really don't want RC to turn in to an outlaw hobby as had happened to skateboarding in the past.
Seems like you could easily avoid possible litigation (as you'd mentioned yourself) by simply making a few phone calls. But I guess they'll hear about it after someone gets punted in the face by a 5b and emergency crews had to be called out to the site. But that won't happen.
Lets not get excited about this. No need to sling rocks.

We had an hour conversation with the police officers who sit across the street and their opinion is we should play on the lot as we are, as opposed to hassling with permision.

We're taking their opinion.

And we're only running 10th scale electric cars.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001
It's your tail on the line, not mine. My input WAS thoughtful, slick. I'd rather not hear about this on the news - A group of guys with toy cars vandalizing private property, the owners pressing charges of trespassing... I really don't want RC to turn in to an outlaw hobby as had happened to skateboarding in the past.
Seems like you could easily avoid possible litigation (as you'd mentioned yourself) by simply making a few phone calls. But I guess they'll hear about it after someone gets punted in the face by a 5b and emergency crews had to be called out to the site. But that won't happen.
I'll take "slick" as a compliment since you seem like a respectable, attorney-fearing guy. We'll contact ownership and make sure it's all on the up and up lest we end up on Fox news as "outlaws" running our 10th scale electrics and vandalizing an otherwise empty, litter and debris-strewn dirt lot. Do you think we should also get the permission of the transients who use the lot to consume alcohol and narcotics, relieve themselves and pass out?

If you'd like to come run a few laps on the track we'd love to have you. Otherwise I'm not sure why you feel compelled to comment. But alas, this is a forum to which each is entitled their opinion.

Sincerely, Slick
Old 02-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Back on topic...

Those pics look way better than what I was picturing. Do you leave the pipes down all the time, or do you pull it all up each time?

I know it's built for a slash, but I wouldn't mind running a few batts through my 1/10 buggy over there if we have some decent weather this weekend.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0adman
Do you think we should also get the permission of the transients who use the lot to consume alcohol and narcotics
They probably wouldn't have a problem with you so long as you passed the bottle and pipe/needle.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by beez
Back on topic...

Those pics look way better than what I was picturing. Do you leave the pipes down all the time, or do you pull it all up each time?

I know it's built for a slash, but I wouldn't mind running a few batts through my 1/10 buggy over there if we have some decent weather this weekend.
We were taking the pipes up but since we've had it together for over a week now with out any vandalism or complaints we figure we'll leave the pipes down. Like we said, the local PD, one guy in particular who's been on the force 21 years and has a son with an RC truck, hang out in a parking lot across the street from the lot. At any given time there are usually 1-4 cop cars over there and I think they keep trouble makers away. So, yesterday we started permanently installing the pipe. Jeff picked up another 100' today and something (he hasn't told me yet) to hold it in place. We're going to re-pack a couple jumps today and hope the rain helps firm them up even more.

Just let us know when you're going so we can come run with ya!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can I get a PM with the location I wants to play too....
Then I can legitimatley fire back at dumb comments like the whole 5b guy...
Old 02-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Todd and I just ran and the track keeps getting better. We added another 100 ft of pipe to outline the track completely.

todd put in huge maintenance on the jumps and they are hitting great. The rain help to pack it in even better. we also added support to keep the pipes in place and the track is wearing and holding well.

Can't wait to see more of you out there with us. two is great. But 6 at a time would be great. with 8 we could run 4 with corners and have qualifying heats with a 6 truck final with two corners capable of managing the entire track.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

We were taking the pipes up but since we've had it together for over a week now with out any vandalism or complaints we figure we'll leave the pipes down. Like we said, the local PD, one guy in particular who's been on the force 21 years and has a son with an RC truck, hang out in a parking lot across the street from the lot. At any given time there are usually 1-4 cop cars over there and I think they keep trouble makers away. So, yesterday we started permanently installing the pipe. Jeff picked up another 100' today and something (he hasn't told me yet) to hold it in place. We're going to re-pack a couple jumps today and hope the rain helps firm them up even more.

Just let us know when you're going so we can come run with ya!
CRAP!

Slash or bike wheels?? Slash or bike wheels????

Old 02-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you were racing a 5b there you would just be an a!@ hole and you wouldn't be respecting the guys wishes that founded the track that YOU were out playing on. And the skate boarding coment look at burnside in Oregon the largest rebel skate park ever made and the after math of it was a bunch of professionaly made state paid for skate parks up and down the west coast prety bad out come for those skaters including me wouldn't you say

Last edited by snowbeaverking; 02-24-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jubilee
CRAP!

Slash or bike wheels?? Slash or bike wheels????

huh?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

huh?
I've got two expensive hobbies. Have the $$ for a slash or a new set of wheels for a bike I'm building. Can't get both now!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

I've got two expensive hobbies. Have the $$ for a slash or a new set of wheels for a bike I'm building. Can't get both now!

Dilemma! I think (Slash) the best approach (Slash) would be to sit down (Slash) with your budget (Slash) and schedule for the (Slash) next couple months and decide (Slash) from which one you'd (Slash) derive the most (Slash) pleasure. I'm sure it will (Slash) become clear!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just look at it like this... how many slashes do you already have? zero? How many Bike wheels do you already have? about 36?

There you go.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not to mention it is far easier to punt someone in the face with a slash
Old 02-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

If the weather holds, Jeff and I will be there for a battery pack or two around 5:15 to 6:30 or so. By 6:30 it's pretty dark but wouldn't you know it - the lights on the vet next door and the street lights shine enough ambient light to make it barely run-able. We found that out last night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.