Wiki Posts
Search

Help Save Portland Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave Kingman
Anything I can do to help I will. I'll be supplying trophies for the Friday night club races as well as the trophies for the Spring 3 Points Series. I've been trying to figure out how to get more racers to the track. One thing I've noticed is the track is not listed in RC Car Actions track directory. I personally have used that listing to find most of the tracks I've been to.

Seems to me we should work on getting the next generation of racers or would be racers involved. As most of us are well aware RC is a hobby that really hooks you for life and there is a sea of kids who are bashing in their backyards not knowing they could be elevating their hobby experience by running on a track and talking tech with the old farts who know all the secrets.

I think it's important that when we see new faces at the track that we make it a friendly, helpful enviornment so they want to come back. (Wich everyone pretty much does anyway. Thanks guys and gals.)

I've got a few more ideas I'll discuss with everyone soon soon.
You will have a new racer coming out in early July. I am relocating to Portland (Gresham-Boring Area) during that time to set up a machine shop that is going to focus on my RC Business. RC Product Designs.
Check it out at www.rcproductdesigns.com
The dirt track I own will have it's last race of the season next weekend. Washtenaw RC Raceway. We have averaged over 160 entries per race this winter. Check out the videos on you tube. Search Washtenaw RC Raceway.

Something for someone to look into,
We have had great sucess at generating new interest by building a small track at local fairs and renting out trucks for $5.00 a vehicle. Running two minute races with our timing system.
About 4 years ago, we ran one and in 15 hrs over 3 days, we ran 400 trucks and had 6 people who left the fairgrounds that day and bought race packages and are still racing with us along with their family and friends who have joined them.
Two years ago we set up a track at a Boy Scouts camporee. We ran 600 trucks in one day and exposed a ton of new potential racers to the hobby.
Last year we ran a charity event at the fairgrounds in the building where we run our track. Cars for a Cause. We ran over 100 trucks in only about 7 hrs and again exposed a ton of new people to the hobby.

ANYWAY. I am looking forward to meeting all the local racers and running with you!!!
Please send me info on local racing at [email protected]
Thanks and I will see you all in July!!!
Dan
Old 03-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJ1978
You will have a new racer coming out in early July. I am relocating to Portland (Gresham-Boring Area) during that time to set up a machine shop that is going to focus on my RC Business. RC Product Designs.
Check it out at www.rcproductdesigns.com
The dirt track I own will have it's last race of the season next weekend. Washtenaw RC Raceway. We have averaged over 160 entries per race this winter. Check out the videos on you tube. Search Washtenaw RC Raceway.

Something for someone to look into,
We have had great sucess at generating new interest by building a small track at local fairs and renting out trucks for $5.00 a vehicle. Running two minute races with our timing system.
About 4 years ago, we ran one and in 15 hrs over 3 days, we ran 400 trucks and had 6 people who left the fairgrounds that day and bought race packages and are still racing with us along with their family and friends who have joined them.
Two years ago we set up a track at a Boy Scouts camporee. We ran 600 trucks in one day and exposed a ton of new potential racers to the hobby.
Last year we ran a charity event at the fairgrounds in the building where we run our track. Cars for a Cause. We ran over 100 trucks in only about 7 hrs and again exposed a ton of new people to the hobby.

ANYWAY. I am looking forward to meeting all the local racers and running with you!!!
Please send me info on local racing at [email protected]
Thanks and I will see you all in July!!!
Dan
You'll get here just in the big swing of summertime racing. Do you have plans to open another track when over here. 160 entries at a club race hasn't been seen in about 15 years in these parts. A good turnout for a 1/10 scale only electric night is about 55 to 70 entries.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCBLUE
You'll get here just in the big swing of summertime racing. Do you have plans to open another track when over here. 160 entries at a club race hasn't been seen in about 15 years in these parts. A good turnout for a 1/10 scale only electric night is about 55 to 70 entries.
I would like to get to know you all first and get a feel for the RC Community and the area before I will consider operating a track again. But I am looking forward to racing with you all and enjoying the beautiful area you live in.

It would be great if any of you could PM or email me with info and schedules and addresses of the outdoor tracks in you area so I can check them out as soon as I get settled. I am sure I will be itching to race after I get unpacked and settled... (even before!!! LOL!!)
Old 04-11-2009, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

The Dog lives!!