Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree14Likes

T.R.C.R. ---Pit's Talk---

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Mod Victory?!

I sorry but I'm fairly certain The Great "Mild Cherry" didn't win anything but more peolple who understand why he gets heckeled on-line by myself and ther Ritchie.

Let me see that quote again:

Mod victory better than a Stock win.

George You got last! your were not even close! except when getting passed!

Whos cares what Rick or any other RICH / PRO driver says, cause Your not one of them.

Quit living through others George. Look in the mirror and Deal with it!

insert LRP commercial here
Old 08-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Legend

Poops, at least I did`nt become a backmarker hack-like-you-did ....

BDW how`s are your track records doing ? sic

Master, please if I may ....

I`m not superior to you or anyone...

Its the Mod class !

That whats superior.....

Mod is the best of the best......

and.....

I still only race stock when I only have too !

Whats your excuss ?

ps , You don`t know Rick ?
Ha ! ha! Ha! >>> Whut a TURTLE !!!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well.....according to everyone I talked to George.....you got completely out the way for Barry Baker....but when peter came up behind you, you stayed in the way and he ended up crashed.....seems like you fit the bill as a back marker hack.....

Later EddieO
Old 08-29-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Legend

Default This post was made possible by LRP Electronic`s "BLUE is FASTER"

LRP Sphere ESC & NEO 1 update

I got to run the Sphere ESC & NEO 1 in the rev limiter mode in stock last Sunday.( Ae B-4 21/81)

The "Rev Mode" actually limits the motor to 24,000 rpm and has reduce torque for slippery track conditions .....

Basically the setting feels just like a stock motor in power & feel...
You can hear the limiter bounce on & off when you rev the motor in your hand. You also can feel the limiter work on the staight , all though its very light and feels subtle on the track.

The mid-range power is very strong, with the top end being a bit better than a good stock motor.

However the beginning of the power band is very dead.

So when driving you are giving the car little shots of power all around the track, very similar to the way a well tune Nitro would feel, lets say .

conclusion:

The Neo 1 on rev-mode is a bit tuffer to drive than a coventional brush stock motor....

But, you can get the same lap count & time, cept you will work harder to achieve similar times.

On a big open track or a parking lot, I would think it the Neo on rev-mode would be faster. This is because you can gear taller than the brush stock motor...

Its is a interesting feature however ....
Perhapes with even more developement this feature could be in our future .

One motor for both modiflied & stock class`s being the idea....
All you do is bump a switch.
No more rushing to make that motor change .
Old 08-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Regional Moderator

George,

I don't think I would feel comfortable at this time if you were allowed to run your brushless motor in stock class regardless of what profile you set it on. Fortunatly your speed controller will allow you to run a normal brushed motor in stock class and you can run your brushless in modified all you want.

That's my opinion. No brushless in stock class until at least half the racers are using this system.

And even then I don't trust a software limit. It can be hacked. Would you like it if my brushless control allowed my limit to rev. higher than your in a spec class?
Old 08-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by EddieO
Well.....according to everyone I talked to George.....you got completely out the way for Barry Baker....but when peter came up behind you, you stayed in the way and he ended up crashed.....seems like you fit the bill as a back marker hack.....

Later EddieO
Eddio

When this occured I did let Barry out of the way , this is because I could see his car & recognize paint. I wondered, where`s Pete ? At the time I wasn`t the last car in position, I thought I was up a position or two, so when Pete car was coming on I again wondered, is that him ? So, I try to listen again for a clue from the race director, yet I hear nothing.! I did`nt want to let my position slip by if not needed....

Now understand this if I could of recognize Petes car by being a bit more color or what ever on his car ,I would of done the right thing, however no clue from the PA & his paint made it difficult to recognize him. so I started to challenge untill his car came close enought to the drivers stand for me to see what was up.
so,
No big plan here for you to ponder.

Just bad eyesight & the fact I hardly recognize Petes paint job on the track.

I did try to make apologies, Peter hardly listen however...

If this was all done on purpose like Jon does, I would understand you being up-set... Believe Me !!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

It's a safe bet in the future George.....anyone coming up behind you is just another car lapping you......

Brushless in stock is a long ways off.....and using the same motor is never going to work either....simply too easy to cheat.....just wait till the software hacks get a hold of it.....especially here in Microsoft country.

Limiting RPM doesn't turn it into a stock motor......simply a spec motor.....doesn't work like that at all.....stupid of the brushless companies to even include it as a feature....

Later EddieO
Old 08-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Legend

Timmie , at Trcr the Neo 1 under the Rev-mode offers no real advatages, in fact its slower because of the throttles lack of refinement.

Its is`nt easy to drive...

Besides this one time we just needed to see how the unit would perform.

I see no problems having a novice use it against brush motor say...
Even experience drivers at Trcr or SIR ...

However ...
at Fantasy or big open tracks I believe they should be consider as a advatage & judged as such.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:19 PM
Tech Legend

Eddie , you will be amaze just how close they came to achieving two motor`s for the price of one motor with the Sphere !

and ...
As I understand, they are going to introduce a better design soon....

I think thats why they say in the instructions the Rev-Mode is for slippery tracks.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

George it will never work....

But you will never understand why.......and I already had to talk to a person today who was as smart as my big toe....two in one day is not allowed.

Just think......you might actually get.

Later EddieO
Old 08-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by EddieO
George it will never work....

But you will never understand why.......and I already had to talk to a person today who was as smart as my big toe....two in one day is not allowed.

Just think......you might actually get.

Later EddieO

Your Big toe maybe , Your Big head never.....LoL !
Old 08-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Tech Legend

New layout is done...

*three jumps 2 doubles & 1 triple
*a big azz wash board ( my design & shovel work)
*1 nice size table top....

special thanks to all the folks that showed up & gave their best !

I think it all was done by 6:30pm !!

Thats got-a-be a track record, huh Tim ?
Old 08-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Regional Moderator

Great job on getting the new track layout done. I planned on being in on it but chihuahua puppy vet check was on the calender. (got to have something to support the hobby). puppys for sale 500+.

George,
I don't care if the Neo offers no advantage. It's not a stock brushed motor so shouldn't be allowed in stock.
What I do with my brushed motors is available to anyone in the pits. Can you say the same thing with your new brushless motor?
I can see if this brushless motor is allowed to run in stock class I will personally hack the software and raise the limit. I have been in computers since the trs80 radio shack. I can read machine language and bianary. Give me that advantage and it will be the last race you will ever win in stock.
IMO
Old 08-30-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
LRP Sphere ESC & NEO 1 update

I got to run the Sphere ESC & NEO 1 in the rev limiter mode in stock last Sunday.( Ae B-4 21/81)

The "Rev Mode" actually limits the motor to 24,000 rpm and has reduce torque for slippery track conditions .....

Basically the setting feels just like a stock motor in power & feel...
You can hear the limiter bounce on & off when you rev the motor in your hand. You also can feel the limiter work on the staight , all though its very light and feels subtle on the track.

The mid-range power is very strong, with the top end being a bit better than a good stock motor.

However the beginning of the power band is very dead.

So when driving you are giving the car little shots of power all around the track, very similar to the way a well tune Nitro would feel, lets say .

conclusion:

The Neo 1 on rev-mode is a bit tuffer to drive than a coventional brush stock motor....

But, you can get the same lap count & time, cept you will work harder to achieve similar times.

On a big open track or a parking lot, I would think it the Neo on rev-mode would be faster. This is because you can gear taller than the brush stock motor...

Its is a interesting feature however ....
Perhapes with even more developement this feature could be in our future .

One motor for both modiflied & stock class`s being the idea....
All you do is bump a switch.
No more rushing to make that motor change .

wow, great job george, your learning. keep it up.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

george, all those that were there saw and heard what happened, even your best of your best twist job won't get you outta this one. wheres peter? c- on he was 5 feet behind barry, you didn't see em? please. more colors? he has at least three colors on it. i guess if you weren't busy talking and missed one of your heats it would have given you 5 races to learn what it looked like. the RD was calling peter and barry, barry and peter, peter and barry, barry and peter, the entire race, you didn't know that peter behind barry? please.

and don't confuse, jon, repeatly taking you out a backmarker hack, with what you did. shame shame shame on you.

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Eddio

When this occured I did let Barry out of the way , this is because I could see his car & recognize paint. I wondered, where`s Pete ? At the time I wasn`t the last car in position, I thought I was up a position or two, so when Pete car was coming on I again wondered, is that him ? So, I try to listen again for a clue from the race director, yet I hear nothing.! I did`nt want to let my position slip by if not needed....

Now understand this if I could of recognize Petes car by being a bit more color or what ever on his car ,I would of done the right thing, however no clue from the PA & his paint made it difficult to recognize him. so I started to challenge untill his car came close enought to the drivers stand for me to see what was up.
so,
No big plan here for you to ponder.

Just bad eyesight & the fact I hardly recognize Petes paint job on the track.

I did try to make apologies, Peter hardly listen however...

If this was all done on purpose like Jon does, I would understand you being up-set... Believe Me !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.