Search
Like Tree2Likes

NORTHWEST 12TH SCALE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ha! So very, very rude

We're a small group, but committed to the craft. I'll say it has been super fun getting them figured out. Brian and I had 8 minutes of nose to tail on Sunday of the Sizzler. Really, just superb racing. I hope he shows up again.

Maybe you could put together something for Stuart? He's checked out and gone at the moment. Brian and I were both shaking our heads.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What a weird day. Anyone else notice it got really dim about 10:15a?

Kidding.

My thought process on the 6mm ride height came from 3 reasons. I do not own right height adjusters to make 47mm truck tires to come in at a proper height. 2, who wants to scratch the chassis all up. And 3, having some chassis roll makes more grip. While traction was surprisingly good for 12th scale, you certainly are not going to traction roll one at Seatac.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:17 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
I can't speak to Brian's ride height strategy, but I can speak to the track being flat and smooth.

Stuart and I start the day at approximately 5mm. That's with rounded, uncut Jaco pinks on the rears at 45.5 mm, and Lilacs on front cut and rounded to 43.5mm. Throughout the day, I swap right and left between runs, but I do not otherwise adjust the ride height. We just wear them down and keep running. Come the mains, we're at approximately 3.5mm and finish the run at 3ish. So, by my math, we're peeling off approximately 1mm of diameter each run, for a ride height decrease of 0.5mm each time.

There is no particular strategy there. I just don't have time to do more between runs and keep the program running. But as can be seen on track, particularly with Stuart, the results are good.

Mr Mason

metrology is what I do and believe me I know when I see the track being flat or not without
guessing

btw
yes the track is very nice and thank you for giving us racer a place to have fun..

Last edited by OVA; 08-22-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Ha! So very, very rude

We're a small group, but committed to the craft. I'll say it has been super fun getting them figured out. Brian and I had 8 minutes of nose to tail on Sunday of the Sizzler. Really, just superb racing. I hope he shows up again.

Maybe you could put together something for Stuart? He's checked out and gone at the moment. Brian and I were both shaking our heads.
What's the whip of choice these days? It'd be fun to at least come check out the new track you guys have. When is the next race?
Old 08-22-2017, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Next race

Originally Posted by Canyon
What's the whip of choice these days? It'd be fun to at least come check out the new track you guys have. When is the next race?
Hi Canyon,

next race is this weekend. We start setting up at 8:00, and depending on dew point that effects track spray drying time, are usually practicing as soon as dry, and racing by 10 or 11.

I know Todd and Stuart are running the Associated 12R5.1 or 2 or maybe even have the new 12R6 finally. Brian ran his Roche last race. Not sure what the other couple of guys that run 1/12 are running.

Would be nice to see you, come on by. Track is nice, we are having fun. :-)

-Alex
Old 08-22-2017, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Originally Posted by oldrcr
Hi Canyon,

next race is this weekend. We start setting up at 8:00, and depending on dew point that effects track spray drying time, are usually practicing as soon as dry, and racing by 10 or 11.

I know Todd and Stuart are running the Associated 12R5.1 or 2 or maybe even have the new 12R6 finally. Brian ran his Roche last race. Not sure what the other couple of guys that run 1/12 are running.

Would be nice to see you, come on by. Track is nice, we are having fun. :-)

-Alex
Dang, I can't make it this weekend. Where's the schedule at?
Old 08-22-2017, 09:29 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Canyon
Dang, I can't make it this weekend. Where's the schedule at?
hear ya go Canyon
there are two races left

August 26
and September 9 is the last Season Finale
look under Seattle RC Racers
Old 08-22-2017, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Running xray x12, as will a few others this season. From my observation, I'd say the associated, Roche, and xray are the major chassis around here.

Unrelated...what is a good starting point for tire types for our carpet at cc? Running a 7.5 turn mildly timed. Thanks!

Last edited by JeffofSpace; 08-22-2017 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 08-23-2017, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am thinking about picking up a 1/12 scale for the winter season at the hangar and the CC. Does anyone know if there is a tire truer around the area that I can use or if there is a cheaper alternative? It's a pretty big upfront cost for me to get both a truing machine and a new kit. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2017, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kelseyrc
I am thinking about picking up a 1/12 scale for the winter season at the hangar and the CC. Does anyone know if there is a tire truer around the area that I can use or if there is a cheaper alternative? It's a pretty big upfront cost for me to get both a truing machine and a new kit. Thanks!
Kelseyrc,

The club has a tire truer that is available to people on race nights on Saturday night. Not sure if its available on Wednesday night though. Someone else can chimn in. Either way the club can help out you I'm sure.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

We have Hudy tire truers for clubbies at both Hangar 30 and the CC.

Just clean up when you're done
Old 08-23-2017, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

We have Hudy tire truers for clubbies at both Hangar 30 and the CC.

Just clean up when you're done
Thanks Todd! That'll make it easier to get into 1/12 scale. As a side question, are you running the new rc12r6? I am thinking about getting that or the Xray. Im sure I can't go wrong with either though.

Kelsey
Old 08-23-2017, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Stuart will for sure be running a new 12R6 in Mod. Our 12R5.2s will serve for Stock. He's running an ancient 12R5 in Mod at SeaTac and killing it.

As for me, probably a 12R6 come the indoor season. That said, I've been running AE for so long...there are so many interesting cars to try! I look at the Schuie and think, wow! That looks awesome. Also the Yokomo YRX-12. I can't tell you how many times I've thumbed through the manual, wondering how it might go. Plus, Marc R. drives one. So obviously, I'd be fast with it, too And wouldn't it be cool to put a Kawada on track? Just think...a Kawada! Instant awesomeness. Or a Destiny/V-Dezign! Japan and Finland together! The mind reels

But I digress. You won't go wrong with either the new AE or XRay. Both have little things to be aware of. I'd wait for the new X12 '18 if you go XRay.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Stuart will for sure be running a new 12R6 in Mod. Our 12R5.2s will serve for Stock. He's running an ancient 12R5 in Mod at SeaTac and killing it.

As for me, probably a 12R6 come the indoor season. That said, I've been running AE for so long...there are so many interesting cars to try! I look at the Schuie and think, wow! That looks awesome. Also the Yokomo YRX-12. I can't tell you how many times I've thumbed through the manual, wondering how it might go. Plus, Marc R. drives one. So obviously, I'd be fast with it, too And wouldn't it be cool to put a Kawada on track? Just think...a Kawada! Instant awesomeness. Or a Destiny/V-Dezign! Japan and Finland together! The mind reels

But I digress. You won't go wrong with either the new AE or XRay. Both have little things to be aware of. I'd wait for the new X12 '18 if you go XRay.
Thanks for the info! I think that I'm leaning towards the AE as I am running the B6/B6D for dirt and astro and I might as well keep it in the family!
Old 08-23-2017, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The Roche P12 and the Associated 12R6 are my current favorites for 1/12 pan cars. Both have some cool design features, and are very high quality cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.