Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Hank Perry 240

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MattDickson
Let's face it...people usually convert their nitro vehicles to electric because they aren't as complicated. In essence, they are EASIER to maintain and there is no fuss involved. Simply put, racing an electric-converted car is the lazy-man's way of earning a GAS trophy. Harsh? Yep
Bullsh!t, I was Erics pit bitch last year. I worked on his Evo after every race just like a nitro. still have to replace diffs. actually more of them than a nitro. have to make sure packs are charged correctly and not false peaked or something stupid(trust me). The motor is not simply dropped in and forgot. the mount screws loosen from torque most every run and have to check that unless it worked its self loose and spun the motor and wasted a spur or pinion. not to mention he has more $$$ in that Evo than 3 nitro revos combined. Harsh? try something new for the cool factor and it is allowed in the rules and you get reamed in the cornhole for it? where was the bitching last year like Rod said?????? Not the first go round for this truck... Sure with the new Batteries its more competitive BUT still within the RULES. I agree they might need tweeked next year BUT only to make electric have the same amount of pits as GAS regardless of time spent in the pits. I could gas and go his 8 or the LST in 8 seconds or less BY MYSELF. If I had a co-pitbitch 5. a grab and hold pit for electric would be fine. but have to figure out a fair time to hold and how to police?

See yall tomorrow night.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Am I missing something has there been a hidden tech at the nct events I have been to for 3 years that I have because I know NONE of my cars have been teched. Isnt that why the nct has pit stop requirements??? Maybe somebody that knows something can clear things up for the very few people that are confused. However I am not one of those that are confused I know the "real" rules
Old 05-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Legend

Default Don`t feel bad Justin

I can`t even beat a Revo much less a E-vo with my MGT ....
Old 05-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What is this hidden tech that you speak of Sancho???
Old 05-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

I heard from a little birdie in the sky that they are teching all cars size weight and fuel tanks size. I know I have never seen this at a nct event. Just a heads up for all those people running illegal tanks because I know runtime is a factor when we have minimum pit requirements
Old 05-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

nothing on fuel tank size. That is why there are pit requirements. Tech was done at wenatchee this year, maybe not weight, but width, and maybe length.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

I know nobody in our pits had their cars teched and there was about 12 or so people in there. Like I said that must be the hidden tech that I have never seen for 3 years that I have been racing
Old 05-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Cyberfish
Or...maybe a "Skool Bus"??
I`m working on making some big -O bat wings and a giant rocket exhaust pipe for my MGT.....

If can`t win, I can get still the attention ...
Old 05-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Bullsh!t, I was Erics pit bitch last year. I worked on his Evo after every race just like a nitro. still have to replace diffs. actually more of them than a nitro. have to make sure packs are charged correctly and not false peaked or something stupid(trust me). The motor is not simply dropped in and forgot. the mount screws loosen from torque most every run and have to check that unless it worked its self loose and spun the motor and wasted a spur or pinion. not to mention he has more $$$ in that Evo than 3 nitro revos combined. Harsh? try something new for the cool factor and it is allowed in the rules and you get reamed in the cornhole for it? where was the bitching last year like Rod said?????? Not the first go round for this truck... Sure with the new Batteries its more competitive BUT still within the RULES. I agree they might need tweeked next year BUT only to make electric have the same amount of pits as GAS regardless of time spent in the pits. I could gas and go his 8 or the LST in 8 seconds or less BY MYSELF. If I had a co-pitbitch 5. a grab and hold pit for electric would be fine. but have to figure out a fair time to hold and how to police?

See yall tomorrow night.
Your comments are fair I'm not about to dispute them. However, at the end of the day, gas is gas and electric is electric. They should be in seperate classes, but unfortunately that isn't feasible at this moment in time.

Try not to feel like your being 'corn holed' if someone disagrees with the allowance of electrics in the nitro classes. Like you said, they are considered 'legal' and have their own set of rulebook guidelines to follow. It's a bit too late for anyone's opinion to change that As Big Roy mentioned, we nitro guys just have to step up our game when we're on the race track against the electrics

The good news is that the brushless/lipo trend is still gaining momentum, and you're right....they do have a unique 'cool factor' about them I hope they continue to increase in popularity, so they can have a race class to call their own in the future

Who likes short shorts??!!

The Hank 240 rocks my socks!!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sancho
I know nobody in our pits had their cars teched and there was about 12 or so people in there. Like I said that must be the hidden tech that I have never seen for 3 years that I have been racing
The Tech booth was set up at the bottom of the drivers stand all weekend, Just to the rite of the drivers lane. There were scales, and width boxes there,as well as printed sheets with length, width, height, and weights per class, as was stated in the DRIVERS MEETING.
I opted not to push the issue on sunday due to the SNOW delay. EVERYONE was requested to check their equipment on saturday (requested at the drivers meeting) FULL Tech was intended for Sunday, instead, Kevin just did visual tech throughout the day. Oh yeah, and Pit stop tech has been done at EVERY nct event, TOE does it.
Sancho, I will bring the scale and the boxes this weekend and give you an NCT Tech if you would like. You and the 12 or so other people in your pit area.

See you guys tomarrow.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

Yikes...Spokane forecast is 60% chance of rain on Friday...a little better on Saturday. This could could interesting without much dial-in time. I really don't mind driving in the mud as long as its not wet enough to hose the servos.

On the E-Revo, I say bring it on. I was pretty impressed by Jack's Evo conversion at the WA Pro Series. Just fast as hell and looked really dialed. Personally, I'm interested in getting one of these as soon as they come out. If we can get enough going at TRCR it will make indoor racing a bit more pleasant as far as the air quality.

BTW, has anyone tried the OS .21 TM replacement for the TM .18? I've heard different stories, some good and some not so good. I have a brand new one but unfortunately there wasn't time to break it in with all the rain this week. I'll have it as an emergency back up motor.

I'm packed and ready to go. If anyone needs a ride from the Tacoma/Federal Way area let me know.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Don't worry about the weather, it changes every 15 minutes.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattDickson
Perhaps I can offer some of my perpectives on these issues... I apologize in advance for the long post.

I must say that I disagree with that statement...lol no hard feelings, but I run a MT and a Truggy, and I'm competitive with both (even when I run them in the same day or weekend). It's really just a matter of personal preference, and it cannot be stated as a factual conclusion

In regards to the electric/gas mix in the MT class, I can see the arguement from both sides of the table. On the one hand, racing these vehicles is about having FUN, and if we discriminate against the electric converted MT's, it puts a dent in the FUN for the individual who wants to race it. On the other hand, this is supposed to be GAS racing. An absolutely HUGE part of being successful at these events is one's ability to tinker and tune a NITRO engine, and to overcome the obstacles and variables that come with them.

The electric guys don't have to worry about glow plug failures, engine tune (rich bog, lean bog, flame-out issues), or fuel economy. All they have to do is flick the switch and hope their truck doesn't break. Is this fair to the guys who have to deal with all of the variables of gas racing? In my honest opinion, no it isn't.....BUT, electric-converted vehicles aren't popular enough (yet) to justify letting them race in their own class. If the name of the game is to have FUN, then we have to let them run with the nitro guys....even if the mechanics between nitro and electric cars are completely different.

My opinion on this issue is that electric-converted cars are welcome to join the nitro's for club racing However, when it comes to important large scale events, I think electrics are far too simple to be allowed to race in the same class as the nitro cars. Let's face it...people usually convert their nitro vehicles to electric because they aren't as complicated. In essence, they are EASIER to maintain and there is no fuss involved. Simply put, racing an electric-converted car is the lazy-man's way of earning a GAS trophy. Harsh? Yep

Thank you This is what I have been tring to say. It is not the driver. It is the technology.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

I have a suggestion to help make things run smoother. I would like to see something posted for which heat is running. At wenatchee this would of made access through the gate much easier. When your pitting in the back you can not hear the annoucer. This would also help the annoucer because people wouldn't bother him asking what race is it. Hope this helps.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Shane, that's what I am trying to tell these guys. We have rules in place, and we have had them in place. They may not be the right rules, or consistent with the other classes that are now allowing electric conversions, but we have them and cant change until next year. We all knew once someone spent enough money on batteries, then the E Revo would be there in the end. I totally agree on the pit stop times that you presented. And yes the maintenace on the electric converted Revo much more, I have seen you guys working on that thing LOL

I think all the whiners need to beat the nitro Revos before they can whine about the electrics. All this bitching and moaning and we have only had one race this season, and the E Revo didnt TQ that. If Jack and Eric win every race this season, then the whining can commence, until then, let's see how it all works out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.