See Wes...now he's laughing at you!

I smell a challenge coming on.

I think you two need to prove it!

BATTLE!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool The Fast & The Furious

I think everyone should just pay Jenkins & Briscoe to build our "Stockers" so we can all be fast. Then we could figure out who builds the fastest...Right KuneDog!?
We could have McNichols there to watch........

Old 03-31-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Cool WA. Trans-Am roll call 2009

Who is running WA Trans-Am this spring/summer at the EGTC?

I know Gary Bennett, Chris Perry, Ty Follis, Pat Plueard, Matthew Plueard, Mark Brown and myself plan to...Anyone else?

Brad Pederson?
Wes Briscoe?
Ken "Grandpa" Owen?
Dave Mempa?

Remember there are 2 options of T/A classes
"Big Block" T/A - 27 Turn / 17.5 BL
-or-
"Small Block" T/A - Silver Can / 21.5 BL

This is going to be another fun season of outdoor racing!
Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Addict

Default Racing

[QUOTE=Silver Cup;5622439]Who is running WA Trans-Am this spring/summer at the EGTC?

I know Gary Bennett, Chris Perry, Ty Follis, Pat Plueard, Matthew Plueard, Mark Brown and myself plan to...Anyone else?

Brad Pederson?
Wes Briscoe?
Ken "Grandpa" Owen?
Dave Mempa?

-or-

Don't know how available I'll be this summer. My "honeydo" list is pretty impressive at the house down in Eatonville. Maybe if I whine, beg, plead, snivel, grovel, and suck up enough I might get free for a race or two? I'll have to find another motor as all I have is the 13.5 right now.

Granpa 1.0
Old 03-31-2009, 12:43 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am only running the Lemans. Possibly touring stock as I can run the same car but change bodies.

Trans Am was fun, but I want to keep it simple. That and having everyone run every class available leaves nobody to corner marshal.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default Cornering

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
I am only running the Lemans. Possibly touring stock as I can run the same car but change bodies.

Trans Am was fun, but I want to keep it simple. That and having everyone run every class available leaves nobody to corner marshal.
Maybe you can get that Yeti you saw to corner for you?

Granpa 1.0
Old 03-31-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Cool T/A Simplicity

Trans-Am is really simple for me with Lipo, 17.5 Brushless...Hopefully the turnout will be a bit better this season overall...I am expecting it to be a bit busier than last year.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silver Cup
Trans-Am is really simple for me with Lipo, 17.5 Brushless...Hopefully the turnout will be a bit better this season overall...I am expecting it to be a bit busier than last year.
Why are we still not following VTA Rules ???http://www.usvintagetransam.com/
Old 04-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Cool Leaders, not followers

Originally Posted by Skruger
Why are we still not following VTA Rules ???http://www.usvintagetransam.com/
We never have and why would we need to...We are the WA. Trans-Am

I'll never be racing with any of those guys from the east that started USVTA...
Besides we have to different types of T/A types to choose from here...
"Big Block T/A" - 27 Turn / 17.5 Brushless
"Small Block T/A - Silver Can / 21.5 Brushless
Old 04-02-2009, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Who is running WA Trans-Am this spring/summer at the EGTC?

Brad Pederson?
Wes Briscoe?
Ken "Grandpa" Owen?
Dave Mempa?

-or-

This is going to be another fun season of outdoor racing!
i am planning on just running Lemans but if we need another car for T/A i could run
Old 04-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Why are we still not following VTA Rules ???
Everyone wanted to go fast....for some reason....with the way we do it here you basically chose two paths, win and burn up tires, or lose and save your tires.

As a club we don't need to follow a national guideline to have fun and have a working program...especially since the VTA seems to be more of a dictatorship than a club formed effort...but I do wish guys had settled down a little and just had fun running silvercan, Trans-Am blows with stock motors...but thats just my awesome opinion and I don't really expect everyone to share it...
Old 04-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Cool Department of Redundancy Department

Everyone wanted to go fast....for some reason....with the way we do it here you basically chose two paths, win and burn up tires, or lose and save your tires.
This part isn't quite true...If you choose to run Silver Can (Small Block) you are only competing against other Silver Cans and scored seperate from the "Big Blocks" (27 Turns). I had absolutely no fun at all with Silver Can, never liked running those motors but wanted to give it a try anyway. My old TC3 came to life going 27 Turn. I choose to burn up tires rather than be frustrated. I want to offer both types for those that want to run Silver Can they are able to as a "Small Block" We can run Small Block & Big Block together and be scored seperate. If there are enough of both we can run seperate...Which would be fine with me.

As a club we don't need to follow a national guideline to have fun and have a working program...especially since the VTA seems to be more of a dictatorship than a club formed effort...but I do wish guys had settled down a little and just had fun running silvercan, Trans-Am blows with stock motors...but thats just my awesome opinion and I don't really expect everyone to share it...
I completely agree with you here Wes
Old 04-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Well your opinion is AWESOME but i dont share the same thoughts as you do. i didnt like running silver can due to the fact they are slow and some guys know how to do the mojo and get more speed from them and the rest of us are SOL. my car also came to life when i put the 27 turn in it and handled way better.i dont see the need to follow any National rules. we are our own racetrack/series and having variety is nice to have. everyone has different tastes and i think variety is what keeps people coming back.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Cool Yeah,...It's a Hemi!

I especially had fun in the "Testing" race where I was sneeking around and then showed the Hemi!

I'll never forget old man Bennett crackin' up saying "Wheeler, what do you got in there"!

Then Grandpa sayin' "It's a Hemi"

Then we can't forget Wes testing his 19 Turn Hemi...
Old 04-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wink

I especially had fun in the "Testing" race where I was sneeking around and then showed the Hemi!

I'll never forget old man Bennett crackin' up saying "Wheeler, what do you got in there"!

Then Grandpa sayin' "It's a Hemi"

Then we can't forget Wes testing his 19 Turn Hemi...
I have to say that was pretty damn funny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.