Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Washington Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 07:08 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silver Cup
What is the point if you start going all high dollar? I think allot are missing the point on the TA thing.....
Hate to say "I told you so..." but...

Anyone remember the comments I made right before the SIR thread got dumped about the F1 class? Look, its happening again..that is all I am going to say.

Keep It Simple Stupid.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

I won't either......But we won't let it happen will we?! When people hear hysterical laughter and see whos at the wheel......."I won't mention any names"......(Pederson, Kuney, Perry, Bennett, Mempa & Wheeler) They'll wonder what the hell they are missing out on.
Careful there Ben...you treading awfully close to the purpose of the class!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool Be vewy vewy carweful

psst!....oh yeah.....sorry!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

KISS
Keep It Slow Stupid

I think any car that leads farther than 20ft has to go to the back of the pack
Old 05-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Patrick, YGPM

Pete
Old 05-14-2008, 02:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a problem I would like to address about the Trans-Am racing in the Seattle-Tacoma area.....

The problem I have with what is being discussed in regards to Trans-Am racing in our area is cost. As I know it, this class was originally thought to be a low-cost, lets get people into fun and fairly in-expensive racing class. Going 13.5 or any brushless system eliminates the low-budget way to get new people into our hobby. The Silver Can motor, an older decent speed control and radio/receiver and used TC3 or any other older lower cost car is the way to go. What is the point if you start going all high dollar? I think allot are missing the point on the TA thing......or I guess i could be. If you want high dollar beat the other guys wallet racing then why are you giving a sh!t about a Trans-Am racing? If people want TA cars that go fast and have to spend lots-o-money for speed, then create a Touring car style division of racing without limitations where you can just run the "cool" bodies, no tire, motor, weight or FDR rules, etc. TA racing at the EGTC (ESLROC) is going to be fun, nostalgic, bring people into the sport/hobby style of racing. Let's get new people TA racing in the cheapest way to do it......and not with the latest greatest car kit on the market. EGTC TA racing = Cheap car, cheap motor, moderate tire costs and cheap fun! If you expect this class to be competitive and high dollar up here, well......don't plan on bringing that mentality to the Lowe's track. There are other classes for that if that's what you want. We need to show newbies/beginners a less intimidating way to get out on the track with us, plain and simple. I am open to the fact that the TA class may not be that class, but I haven't seen a class with that much potential in a long time......
That seriously is the only post I've seen about the whole Trans Am class that made ANY sense. Just keeping it affordable, fun, and laid back is the best way to do it IMO.

Even if cars are slow... there is a better chance that those cars will be closer together, and more cars will finish. I can't tell you how many times when I watch certain classes or racing, you start with 10 and end up with 2 or 3 at the end of the run. Everyone either broke, or screwed up and is way behind.

When you have 10 cars alllll racing.... and I mean RACING, it's really fun for racers and spectators a like.

-Korey
Old 05-14-2008, 08:49 AM

Plus it's slow enough that ANYONE who is new can feel like they are able to join in. A car running a 13.5 or even a 10.5 seems very fast to the new guy. When I got back into it the touring cars running stock seemed "fast." 13.5 is even faster and that's our "slow" class.

It is not supposed to be the drivers class...that's what modified is for. This is supposed to be the FUN class.

You guys do remember what it was like when R/C was fun...right?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

An open invitation. If you guys in the North end are looking for something to do this Sunday, carpool down to FW for some Trans Am racing. Bring your Silver Can powered cars with your choice of gear ratio. There will be some of us running Silver Can, myself included. This could be an opportunity to show that a Silver Can motor can perform well on a large asphalt course and still provide more fun than you're legally allowed to have. The track measures roughly 120' X 90', has a fairly tight infield, and has about a medium grip. Lap times for a Silver Can powered TA should be in the 22-23 second range.

Hope to see some of you there, Pete

By the way, setup usually starts at 8:00, Practice from 10-11, and racing from 11 to about 4:00. $10 entry fee.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pete Thomas
An open invitation. If you guys in the North end are looking for something to do this Sunday, carpool down to FW for some Trans Am racing. Bring your Silver Can powered cars with your choice of gear ratio. There will be some of us running Silver Can, myself included. This could be an opportunity to show that a Silver Can motor can perform well on a large asphalt course and still provide more fun than you're legally allowed to have. The track measures roughly 120' X 90', has a fairly tight infield, and has about a medium grip. Lap times for a Silver Can powered TA should be in the 22-23 second range.

Hope to see some of you there, Pete

By the way, setup usually starts at 8:00, Practice from 10-11, and racing from 11 to about 4:00. $10 entry fee.
I have room for about 6 racers in my Suburban-bus plus extra space in the trailer..
offer is open to any north seattle area racer wanting to go to FWR Sunday.

Patrick (Desiginated Driver)
Old 05-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have a problem I would like to address about the Trans-Am racing in the Seattle-Tacoma area.....

The problem I have with what is being discussed in regards to Trans-Am racing in our area is cost. As I know it, this class was originally thought to be a low-cost, lets get people into fun and fairly in-expensive racing class. Going 13.5 or any brushless system eliminates the low-budget way to get new people into our hobby. The Silver Can motor, an older decent speed control and radio/receiver and used TC3 or any other older lower cost car is the way to go. What is the point if you start going all high dollar? I think allot are missing the point on the TA thing......or I guess i could be. If you want high dollar beat the other guys wallet racing then why are you giving a sh!t about a Trans-Am racing? If people want TA cars that go fast and have to spend lots-o-money for speed, then create a Touring car style division of racing without limitations where you can just run the "cool" bodies, no tire, motor, weight or FDR rules, etc. TA racing at the EGTC (ESLROC) is going to be fun, nostalgic, bring people into the sport/hobby style of racing. Let's get new people TA racing in the cheapest way to do it......and not with the latest greatest car kit on the market. EGTC TA racing = Cheap car, cheap motor, moderate tire costs and cheap fun! If you expect this class to be competitive and high dollar up here, well......don't plan on bringing that mentality to the Lowe's track. There are other classes for that if that's what you want. We need to show newbies/beginners a less intimidating way to get out on the track with us, plain and simple. I am open to the fact that the TA class may not be that class, but I haven't seen a class with that much potential in a long time......

Great post!

Keep T and A fun!
Old 05-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skruger
I have room for about 6 racers in my Suburban-bus plus extra space in the trailer..
offer is open to any north seattle area racer wanting to go to FWR Sunday.

Patrick (Desiginated Driver)
Thanks Patrick.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ben,

sorry about the attitude on the Fw thread, just a little tired.

Ritchie.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Cool Same as it ever was

None taken Ritchie, no worries.....We are big boys on here. We all have our opinions and such........I can always agree to disagree.

I don't take this stuff too seriously and I don't let it get to me like I once did.......l o n g a g o.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

cool,

btw, remember about 8 weeks ago i posted a picture of my "new" truck. well it still isn't on the road. just sitting in the parking lot collecting rain water and dust. seems the expert that ordered the truck /trailer package order the trailer with the brake cans on the bottom. nice. also its getting a completely new under carriage, seems when you take a four axle trailer that has steer axles front and rear, and then you put duals all the way around, theres a little rubbing problem, not to worry, only going to cost 20-25 grand to fix. think the trailer was only 50 grand to start with. why so much to fix, cause "we don't want to stock super singles in the tire shop" so the choice was made, lets spend 20 grand not to have to spend 2 grand
Old 05-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Cool Department of Redundancy Department

Yeah, I hear ya, the old addage "Step over a dollar to save a dime" never rang true untill you started "Government" work, right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.