Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 C.O.D SCHEDULE POSTED

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

I can't wait. This is going to be the best season ever. Hopefully we can get enough 1/8 buggies to have consistent races. Have you gotten any feel for the potential numbers of 1/8 buggy people?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Leopard1
Just finished the body for the 8ight Jim. A few more tanks on the new engine
and shes ready for battle

Go to the news link at http://area52rc.com for pic

Hey the snows melting!

Tracy
Beautiful paint job. I will have a new body/paint scheme too for the new season. I think the White and Red are a good combo for that body, but I think I'll do a White and Green with a Red seperation stripe.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

I can't wait. This is going to be the best season ever. Hopefully we can get enough 1/8 buggies to have consistent races. Have you gotten any feel for the potential numbers of 1/8 buggy people?
As far as 1/8 buggies that will show for most or all the series races would be 7 for shure and very possibly as many as 12-15, the 1/8 buggy class is looking very strong and competitive for 07!

I think 6-8 for 1/6 will make the series.

I'm guessing 1/8 truck and Monster truck will be out in force also.

1/10 truck class might have some runners too.

It's always anyones guess who and how many drivers show any given race but I think this year will bring enough competition for some fun times.

Beautiful paint job. I will have a new body/paint scheme too for the new season. I think the White and Red are a good combo for that body, but I think I'll do a White and Green with a Red seperation stripe.
I think White and green with red seperation will be good. I like substancial white
so the car stands out a bit better for better vision. Cant wait to see it.

As soon as the tracks dry, lets get out there.

Free practice and racing till April !

Would be nice to get some of that clay from Orting but you really need a truck and trailer to make the trip worth it. If I can find a T&T with driver say for 150.00 per run, that would be worth it. Any truckers out there between Carnation and Orting that has a T&T and wants to make 150.00 a round contact me.

Tracy
Old 01-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

It would be great to get the whole track done in clay. How many yards would be needed? I can see if I can get some people with pick-up trucks to help out.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

It would be great to get the whole track done in clay. How many yards would be needed? I can see if I can get some people with pick-up trucks to help out.
As big as the track is it would take a lot of yards and alot of trips with just regular pickup trucks, not too practical.

The track is roughly 1100 running feet with an average of 18 ft lane width = 19800 sq ft to cover. If went 3" thick it ends up 183 yards or 8 truck and trailers. not including extra clay for bigger jumps.

Its a lota frickin material ....

If it happens it will happen over a couple few years with material for building bigger jumps and banked corners first and then work through the lanes.

And actually I'm not totally sure clay is the way I want to go, I kinda like the dirt, clay still get dusty in the big heat and gets slimy when wet.

But it is free

Tracy
Old 01-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

What if we got just enough for the medium track that the 1/8's will run on and to build up the jumps and burms.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

I think that would be fine if you got dirt gitters cause I dont right now.

If I find a driver with T&T for a good price I'll do a couple rounds.

The other issue is, how clean is the clay? if its real rocky then we need rakers too.

Exterminator, if you read this can you comment on how clean your clay material is? thanks.

Tracy
Old 01-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Regional Moderator

The materal is nearly completly rock free. It's silt from a settling pond on a hydro electric project. this is stuff that is at the end of the pond that is super fine. might have a few sticks and stuff that can be swept out when it first comes up. I use it on my home track it packs very nice and when rained on it drains very fast. The best traction is when it's damp like wet sand on the beach. If allowed to dry it becomes very hard but very dusty. There is enough available to cover your track 100 times over. Your right the dificulty is the transportation. If it was located close to town it would be marketable. PM me if you find t and t.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

The materal is nearly completly rock free. It's silt from a settling pond on a hydro electric project. this is stuff that is at the end of the pond that is super fine. might have a few sticks and stuff that can be swept out when it first comes up. I use it on my home track it packs very nice and when rained on it drains very fast. The best traction is when it's damp like wet sand on the beach. If allowed to dry it becomes very hard but very dusty. There is enough available to cover your track 100 times over. Your right the dificulty is the transportation. If it was located close to town it would be marketable. PM me if you find t and t.
Thank you for the detailed reply Exterminator.

Btw .. what rc car do you run on your track, nitro, electric, scale?

Tracy
Old 01-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Tracy
Wow. We need this for the track. What ever it would take I'd be willing to pitch in on the expense of getting it out here. I also can get a couple of my boy's to help distribute it.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Regional Moderator

Tracy
I have ran NT, TMAXX, 1/8th scale, xxx buggy and xxx truck. If you like step pins and wheelies this is the stuff for you.

Right now I run a suzuki quad on it.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Jim, the weathers looking good for Sunday

See you at the track.

It will be real nice having concrete steps right from the track pit to the driver stand .. huge improvement.

Those that have been to the track know what I mean.

Also I just noticed a banner add on this sight by trinnity advertising their new 1/8 buggy, man with Losi in the game and associated coming in, theres like 8 or more 1/8 buggy manufactures now .... wow.

Bring Your buggy and do a few tanks

Tracy
Old 01-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Jim, the weathers looking good for Sunday

See you at the track.

It will be real nice having concrete steps right from the track pit to the driver stand .. huge improvement.

Those that have been to the track know what I mean.

Also I just noticed a banner add on this sight by trinnity advertising their new 1/8 buggy, man with Losi in the game and associated coming in, theres like 8 or more 1/8 buggy manufactures now .... wow.

Bring Your buggy and do a few tanks

Tracy

But they are all playing catch up to Losi.

See you at the track on Sunday. I'll bring the heli to play around with.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Remember that beat up Jammin with a sick engine will not be too far behind

If you are really planning to attempt a visit this weekend, I will have to see how I can ditch the family for the day.. I am sure they will understand......

Last edited by neilhut; 01-25-2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: can not spell!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Remember that beat up Jammin with a sick engine will not be too far behind

If you are really planning to attempt a visit this weekend, I will have to see how I can ditch the family for the day.. I am sure they will understand......
Neil you have a way of giving me a good gut laugh now and again.

If you keep your wheels on the sad Jammin might stay in the hunt ... if I remember right you lost a wheel 3 different times last fall. I'm using locktite on my wheel nuts.

See you at the track if you can loose the family Sunday.

Jim, me, Brian, Doug and Randy will be there working on the new stairway.

Work?

Tracy

Last edited by Leopard1; 01-26-2007 at 07:04 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.