Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
ROAR goes to 4cell... What will tracks do? >

ROAR goes to 4cell... What will tracks do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR goes to 4cell... What will tracks do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
LoL !

Blame the motor !!!!

I think I went as fast as you did !!

The motor was one of the reason`s I did though...
jeff, this is also part of the problem, i make a simple statement and somehow it gets rejected by the brain filter and gets modified into this reply.

somehow, "the car works better with a brushed motor" got translated into, "blame the motor," not blaming the motor, i sucked, and i was SLOW. and like george said, so did he, and the motor was the reason why.

also, everyone knows he just posts that stuff because he doesn't really have anything to say and just needs to be validated as a human by having someone reply to him. it also helps with the masterbation fantasys of actually having a friend to talk to.

oh yea, and goooooood morning seattle, overcast and breezie down here in the cali, gonna have to borrow a coat today.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
jeff, this is also part of the problem, i make a simple statement and somehow it gets rejected by the brain filter and gets modified into this reply.

somehow, "the car works better with a brushed motor" got translated into, "blame the motor," not blaming the motor, i sucked, and i was SLOW. and like george said, so did he, and the motor was the reason why.

also, everyone knows he just posts that stuff because he doesn't really have anything to say and just needs to be validated as a human by having someone reply to him. it also helps with the masterbation fantasys of actually having a friend to talk to.

oh yea, and goooooood morning seattle, overcast and breezie down here in the cali, gonna have to borrow a coat today.

Sorry , I use a 6.5 as well

and went fast ...

Not that you did`nt, or did you ?

I`ll try to not blame my motor when I try 4 cell...
Old 11-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Jeff, what people are saying the main issue is the voltage. Simply gearing the car different to get longer runtime will not change the voltage of the battery pack.

I don't believe undergearing the motor is the answer. Either we continue the current path and electronics catch up, or we step the voltage down.

Uh, all that really doesn't matter as much as this. DRIVE DIFFERENT!!!!! Everyone drives like maniacs because they have no worrry of dumping. That surely isn't doing anythinng to create skills. Learning to driver smooth and save some juice does.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I haven't read the on-road threads, so forgive me if I'm asking a 'tupid question here, but what is ROAR's reason for going to 4 cells?

Not that they ever have needed a good reason to do anything but if someone could give me the "cliff-notes" verison of their reason that would be great.

Are they trying to reduce costs? reduce the number of blown motors? make the chassis manufacturers redesign their chassis? anyone...... ???

Off topic (sort of) but, does anyone know why ROAR is the only US sanctioning body that can send racers to the IFMAR Worlds? How are ROAR and IFMAR tied at the hip? Oh, and is IFMAR following this 4-cell path?

Thanks
Old 11-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone seen the 4cell ruling on paper or is it a rumor that got started to see what the reaction would be? I tried to find something about it on the ROAR site but didn't. Maybe I missed it, help me out here if you saw it. I did make a comment on the other thread stating I didn't care one way or the other as long as a standard is met worldwide. I then got hammered pretty good by one of the factory team drivers for it. It was stated that basically the electronics will burn down and motors will have a short life too. I have never tried 4 cell in a sedan so I have no idea what will happen. I hope those of you who can test it out will fill all of us in and if it turns out it's a bad deal then we need to tell ROAR what we want. It comes down too...ROAR belongs to the membership not a handfull of people that may not be very well informed. If they have done or witnessed testing, we, as the heart of this hobby/sport should know about it before it becomes gospel. It sounds to me that the pan car classes will get get alot larger. I'd think the manufacturers of sedans would want to get involved since not many of them even biuld a pan car.
Later, Mike
Old 11-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

on the www.yokomousa.com site there is newly added video from the japan 4 cell race, enjoy, hope you have high speed.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This is taken from the main thread, Billy is the ROAR competitions director.

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Just heard that the EXCOM voted on ROAR going to 4 cells. Don't know how the vote came out yet but, how do you guys feel about the ROAR EXCOM taking upon themselves to make a decision on something of this magnitude WITHOUT consulting the membership

Advil and everyone needs to relax about ROAR and the decision. This is how things get turned around and bashing starts. How can you post if you do not know the facts yet.
1) ROAR never voted at all, talking about.
2) Europe & the rest are 5 cells, but they are thinking of going to 4 cells, because of chargers.
3) I will not race ROAR, the remarks I go race with them ICC and other races, a good chance you will be racing 4 or 5 cell there also. These large races follow the Asia and Euorpe market, period.

Let’s just her you racers and your opinion, not bash anybody. Constructive criticism is better to here than negativity. Aleast people are trying.

BiLLY Bowerman
Old 11-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Talking Drive Smoother

Originally Posted by PitCrew
Uh, all that really doesn't matter as much as this. DRIVE DIFFERENT!!!!! Everyone drives like maniacs because they have no worrry of dumping. That surely isn't doing anythinng to create skills. Learning to driver smooth and save some juice does.
I saw some of that smooth driving sunday
Old 11-27-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Talking Drive Smoother

Last edited by Skruger; 11-27-2006 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 11-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Sorry , I use a 6.5 as well

and went fast ...

Not that you did`nt, or did you ?

I`ll try to not blame my motor when I try 4 cell...

Funny

You got put down by "Trucks" running 19t last night. So quit your braggin you "Back Marker". Must have been your Motor = )

Trucks Rock!!
Old 11-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Sterling Racer
Funny

You got put down by "Trucks" running 19t last night. So quit your braggin you "Back Marker". Must have been your Motor = )

Trucks Rock!!
yeah you won one , and of course you would toot your horn..

woop- pea !!
Old 11-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Personally haven't tried it yet, but watched CJ run 4-cell 19t yesterday and it looked slow. Maybe as fast at 27t stock motor on 6-cells.

The Yokomo video of the 4-cell mod looks slow as well. However it's harder to judge since that's a much bigger track.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Legend

I wonder how much better tire wear is ...
Old 11-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

yeah you won one , and of course you would toot your horn..

woop- pea !!

Damn sure Ain't gonna toot yours,

but you can keep wishing = )

Last edited by Sterling Racer; 11-27-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

the video on the yokomo site looks like the cars are going 19T speed...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.