R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Northwest Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers-50/)
-   -   NW Indoor Championship Race #2 at Peel-It Raceway Nov 17-19th (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers/134549-nw-indoor-championship-race-2-peel-raceway-nov-17-19th.html)

mechmikee 10-26-2006 05:04 PM

NW Indoor Championship Race #2 at Peel-It Raceway Nov 17-19th

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is . . long awaited for race flier...

Race #2 of the NW Indoor Championship Series.

Entry deadline is Nov. 11th, $10 late fee after that applies.(per driver, not per class)

You can also sign-up online at www.wheretoracerc.com

I'll add the direct link when I set it up...

See ya then !

10/27 Race flier has been updated with "Stock Foam" touring class added

Anthony.L 10-26-2006 05:12 PM

Where is the stock foam class? That was supposed to be a series points class this year, unless I understood wrong.

mechmikee 10-26-2006 05:22 PM

Here's the link to sign-up online . . .

http://www.wheretoracerc.com/beta/WE...entID=162&form

mechmikee 10-26-2006 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Where is the stock foam class? That was supposed to be a series points class this year, unless I understood wrong.

Check the NWIC website for more info...

brandonw 10-26-2006 05:29 PM

Stock foam is listed as a points class on the nwic web page. also, the nwic web page states that the spec tire is the premount sorex 28's instead of the takeoff cs27's. did this also change whith out notice, or is the web page out of date?

Desolas 10-26-2006 06:45 PM

Stock foam is listed as a points class on the nwic web page. also, the nwic web page states that the spec tire is the premount sorex 28's instead of the takeoff cs27's. did this also change whith out notice, or is the web page out of date?
Darren posted in the main thread for the NWIC race that this changed around Aug 28. It was also posted on the website that it had changed. The website is correct. Sorex 28R are the rubber tire, not that anyone teched that at Slugfest.

From the website...

Originally Posted by NWIC2006.COM
Posted: August 28, 2006.

Important updated regarding rubber tire racing! The tire choice has changed to the Sorex 28R for all rubber racing, the CS-27 is no longer the spec tire of choice.

The official website for the 2006/2007 NWIC is nwic2006.com for those out of the loop.

Official NWIC Classes:
· Stock Rubber Sedan
· Stock Foam Sedan
· 19T Foam Sedan
· Modified Foam Sedan
· 12th Scale 19T

I don't think any are missed on the website, I am not the mouthpiece of the NWIC so let me know if this is wrong..Just quoting the website.

Anthony.L 10-26-2006 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by mechmikee
Check the NWIC website for more info...

Yes Mike I did check the NWIC website and hence my question on where is the stock foam class?

"Official NWIC Classes:
· Stock Rubber Sedan
· Stock Foam Sedan
· 19T Foam Sedan
· Modified Foam Sedan
· 12th Scale 19T"

Desolas 10-26-2006 06:49 PM

Yeah Mike, where's the stock foam class?

...they always get the typos..bastards.

Darren Shank 10-26-2006 08:33 PM

We need to get that stock foam class added as its a NWIC points class.

Ride height for foam touring is 4mm and 3mm for 12 scale. We will be following ROAR and NWIC rules as posted on the web site.

Stock rubber is on the sorex 28 speedmind premounted tire and insert.

Give Mike a break hes an offroad guy. I'm sure he will get it updated.

Can't wait to get on that new carpet.

Any idea when it will be down.

EddieO 10-26-2006 08:43 PM

Actually its my fault, as I just told him to basically use the slugfest entry form as a template....we will update it by tomorrow....sorry for the confusion....

I must ask though, why was it not run at the slugfest if its listed as a series class...

Later EddieO

peter_robinson 10-26-2006 08:48 PM

it was run dummy, if you had stopped by instead of playing magic wizard cards... you would know LOL!

the thread title should probably say peel-it too.

C_O_jones 10-26-2006 08:54 PM

The flyer says all manu. types of traction compounds.
Is Paragon Ground Efects OK to use?
It might just be a typo oops.

Looking forward to the race.
Fred

KJ1979 10-26-2006 09:08 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh :flaming:

peter_robinson 10-26-2006 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
The flyer says all manu. types of traction compounds.
Is Paragon Ground Efects OK to use?
It might just be a typo oops.

Looking forward to the race.
Fred

yep, paragon all the way! i cant wait!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

KJ1979 10-26-2006 09:12 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggg gggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :flaming:

EddieO 10-26-2006 09:37 PM

Paragon is allowed, as is any other traction compound that is commerically available....

Please keep in mind, that ROAR allows all traction compounds that are commercially available.....seems other tracks like to ban them from regionals without getting a deviation.......

Please keep in mind, that the pits are not in the same room as the track.....and the room the track is in has a $8,000 fan system....

It may of been ran at the slugfest......surely was not on the entry form mike and I downloaded.....

Later EddieO

Anthony.L 10-26-2006 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by EddieO
It may of been ran at the slugfest......surely was not on the entry form mike and I downloaded.....

You are right Eddie, I just went and looked and it's not on the slugfest entry form. Sorry for coming across harsh, it's the class I want to run for the series and wanted to fill out the form for your race.

Thanks!

Desolas 10-27-2006 08:12 AM

Yeah that's my fault..On the old entry it was not on there, I had fixed it, and somewhere along the line I uploaded the old form and overwrote the new one without realizing it.

I don't proofread anything anymore, I just wait for someone to bitch. :)

So I've never used Paragon myself, what's the method for using it, how long, etc?

C_O_jones 10-27-2006 08:43 AM

Wes your gunna love Paragon, it will clear your sinnuses so you finaly be able to breath, you really neede that last weekend. :sneaky:

Peter will let you know how to use it, I think it still runs thru his veins. :D

Victor Vector 10-27-2006 09:17 AM

Yeh Paragon works quite well as a traction compound as well !!

Main Line baby,

VV

jeff jenkins 10-27-2006 01:23 PM

paragon is the best!!!!

mechmikee 10-27-2006 03:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes . . I did add the "Stock Foam" class to the entry form...

Here's the updated one

Carpet is going to be installed sometime this weekend . . I WILL POST WHEN THE TRACK IS DOWN AND REDAY FOR PRACTICE! ! !

peter_robinson 10-27-2006 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Desolas

So I've never used Paragon myself, what's the method for using it, how long, etc?

put it on your tires
wait 10 mins
wipe
run with more traction, and more consistent traction than you've ever had.

trust me, you will be hooked :tire:

STARSCREAM 10-27-2006 03:23 PM

and Paragon smells better :deathstar

Desolas 10-27-2006 07:55 PM

Wes your gunna love Paragon, it will clear your sinnuses so you finaly be able to breath, you really neede that last weekend.
I remember it from when I was a kid at Raceway..the smell is almost addictive, or maybe its what your inhaling that is..of course I also remember it making the entire house stink too..yaaay paragon.

Thanks for the tip peter...i mean the about the paragon..not the other tip.

Pezz 10-27-2006 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
it was run dummy, if you had stopped by instead of playing magic wizard cards... you would know LOL!

the thread title should probably say peel-it too.

LOL!! You guys are funny!! Can't wait for the second race.

See you all there.

Slapmaster6000 10-31-2006 09:20 AM

Carpet at Eddie's! This should be pretty cool. Are you guys carpeting that entire slab of asphalt? What size will the finish dimesions be on that rug? Guessing, it's going to be close to the Nat's last spring.

I will have to pull the Paragon out of my medicine cabinet, quite using it as aftershave.

KJ1979 11-05-2006 08:25 PM

just wanting to know if your going to have the carpet down this week a couple of racers and myself want to practice this coming Saturday for the # 2 race for the indoor series. :D

Anthony.L 11-05-2006 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Are you guys carpeting that entire slab of asphalt?

YES!!! :D

I'm finally getting around to assembling the 007 tonight for it's maiden voyage at the NWIC Race #2 at Peel-It, NW's newest and biggest carpet track. See everyone there in less then two weeks.

RedRocketRacing 11-06-2006 01:01 AM

I'm finally getting around to assembling the 007 tonight for it's maiden voyage at the NWIC Race #2 at Peel-It, NW's newest and biggest carpet track. See everyone there in less then two weeks.

Anthony you are wrong.. From what I have heard Derrens track is bigger. Not by much bust still bigger. But it is the newest carpet track in the NW.

Anthony.L 11-06-2006 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing
Anthony you are wrong.. From what I have heard Derrens track is bigger. Not by much bust still bigger. But it is the newest carpet track in the NW.

That could very well be. How about I change it to the biggest *permanent* carpet track in the PNW? :D

I look forward to racing at Darren's track, as well as Spokane. Two tracks I've never been too.

KJ1979 11-06-2006 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing

:eek: OH GOD don't start the crap of whos got the biggest track :)

peter_robinson 11-06-2006 07:44 AM

wish i had one, dont think i will make the next race.

Pezz 11-06-2006 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
wish i had one, dont think i will make the next race.

Oh man that sucks Pete.

C_O_jones 11-06-2006 09:32 AM

That could very well be. How about I change it to the biggest *permanent* carpet track in the PNW? :D

I look forward to racing at Darren's track, as well as Spokane. Two tracks I've never been too.

Wrong again moron.
The asphault track will still be used during summer, so it is temporary.
Try acually reading the posts before you open your mouth. :D

EddieO 11-06-2006 10:01 AM

We are going to try our best to get the carpet in this week.....the carpet guys are not really getting back to me.....seems like a flaky industry....

I believe Darren's track is longer, but I think its not as wide.....

Later EddieO

Pezz 11-06-2006 10:11 AM

Does not matter how big it is, let's just race and have a good time.

Desolas 11-06-2006 09:27 PM

Mine's the biggest.

C_O_jones 11-06-2006 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Desolas
Mine's the biggest.

Put your glasses back on. :lol:

PitCrew 11-06-2006 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
Wrong again moron.
The asphault track will still be used during summer, so it is temporary.
Try acually reading the posts before you open your mouth. :D

give anthony a break.

he's just excited about running something other that "assfault".