Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
How about a NW asphalt Championship series? >

How about a NW asphalt Championship series?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How about a NW asphalt Championship series?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default How about a NW asphalt Championship series?

I mentioned this on the other thread several times, and i think that it could be really fun.

the venues could look like this-

-four seasons
-fantasy world
-peel-it
-rain city
-SIR

we can use the same classes for TC:

-spec stock
-stock
-19t
-mod

and then i have been rolling it around in my head as to whether 12th should be in the series.... or nitro... what do you guys think? we would run into a few problems. Fantasy world has a lrage base of nitro cars supporting their program, and SIR has alot of 12th scales... SIR cannot run nitro, and (on the old surface at least) fantasy world was a bit too bumpy for 12th...

i think this would be a chance for us to have a much better summer for all the racers and hobby shops (typically the slow time for indoor tracks and such) and have some good competitive racing all summer long instead of just waiting for the summer sizzler

anyway, just an idea i had. throw some of yours out there and we see where we end up.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

what about timezone and rose city?
Old 03-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

could throw those in there too...
Old 03-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

S.I.R. SAYS YES
Old 03-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

my feeling is that we should include 12th and exclude nitro. make this an electric series just like the carpet version. now if time zone and rose city are showing interest, maybe we could use all the venues and make the series races one day events (like the ECT in offroad). this would probably workout better during the summer becuase trying to get only only one nice sunny day to run a race is pushing it... but two risky. we could potentially have a 7 series stops.

use the points system from the carpet version. 100 for a win, 1 point extra for a TQ, 2nd gets 99, 3rd gets 98.... etc.

any takers? i will be trying to get in touch with local area track owners in the next few days and see if we can get something going.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You might check our website, the Timezone race is not part of our series. Timezone wants it to be a 2 day event though. there will be no nitro for that event. It's the pan car race. The sedans are going to be a filler event. All of our club races are for electric and nitro at this point. It's possible to talk about one of our races that is not in our series for the series you want to start. Check with Larry through the message board at our sight if you want.
Later, Mike
Old 03-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Default NW Electric Asphalt Championship series.

Great idea Peter. The venues like Fantasy and others that run nitro could still have their nito classes run but they just won't be a part of the points series. They might want to get together and have their own point series.
Sounds like a win win deal.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

I'm down. I think we will see a LOT better driving next winter on carpet if we dont let ourselves get rusty over the summer.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Peter good idea... the one day races are a big hit and they make for a two day feel and the convinience of a club race. I would recomend a one race director format and have it only be 6 stops. Best 4 of 6. Also the tag on style for a series is not a good idea. If there is a points series the format should be 100% the same at every stop. The tracks should understand a change for one day. So no nitro just all electric. Then again why not allow a 1/10th scale touring car class only? It is out door and wouldn't hurt anything at all. Just get your numbers up...

Eddie and I actually talked about this last summer... He asked me why not do a summer series for TC with my format for the ECT. If you need any help I am more then happy to offer any advice or assiistance.

Last edited by Poweredbysbc; 03-29-2006 at 02:00 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 03-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

I dont see any reason why we can't have a nitro class at the tracks that will allow it. They obviously wont be in the points series with the electric stuff, but I dont think any of the Electric Guys would mind having the fresh smell of Nitro in the air at the races... It might get some electric guys into gas and Vice Versa...
Old 03-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BrettBowen
I dont see any reason why we can't have a nitro class at the tracks that will allow it. They obviously wont be in the points series with the electric stuff, but I dont think any of the Electric Guys would mind having the fresh smell of Nitro in the air at the races....

I mind!!

Peter, when are the dates??? Also, can I borrow your tools??
Old 03-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

there are n odates yet, just seeing if people would wanna do this. n oyou cant borrow my tools
Old 03-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
there are n odates yet, just seeing if people would wanna do this. n oyou cant borrow my tools

I saw your list of things that you can't use......and your set up board wasnt on there..... so, I'll have to "borrow" that when your not looking

Make some dates.... Ass-fault sounds like fun!!
Old 03-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Talking

Originally Posted by teambighead
I saw your list of things that you can't use......and your set up board wasnt on there..... so, I'll have to "borrow" that when your not looking

Make some dates.... Ass-fault sounds like fun!!
I think Eddie will let you use his custom set-up board. He's proud to show it off.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

We are totaly into it. one day, two days were up for it. We offered our two day Pan Car/Touring Car race in July to Rose City as part of the points series down here, but we could use that date as our slot. Doubt if we can do nitro that same weekend. But we would also add another date if necassary and if you want to us in the series.

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.