Wiki Posts
Search

‘FWR Racing Season’

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jtveten
What about FW combining the gas and electric Novice classes? I know it's been discussed in gas monster truck era. before. What's your thoughts?
Would see some BIG wrecks on the straight, big speed diff. Would take the fun out of racing for the novice elect racers.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

I think that they have done that when there was not enough of either to fill a class. really was not a problem with high speed crashes.....
Old 02-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drfritz
I think that they have done that when there was not enough of either to fill a class. really was not a problem with high speed crashes.....
Once saw a novice electric get T-boned by a novice gas car going flat out...
I never did see that driver around ever again. Bad Idea

If there isnt enough they should get bumped into the gas/electric classes
Old 02-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Cool I have seen this many times also

Originally Posted by Speedyjay

Old 02-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Speedyjay

To tell the truce, novice with a gas is never a good mix, but they need to run with some body right? do they run with the nitro class and become a runnng road block or do they just go home because there is not enough novice gas racers to make a class? good way to not have them come back.. maybe have a few stand by electric cars for loners or have
a nitro driver adjust there end points down on the throttle so there is not such a big differents in speed......
Old 02-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Novice classes are needed for both elect and nitro.
We all want them to have a good time and without torn up cars.
Racing at any level needs to have them come back for more and eventually move up, without them racing dies and we all lose.
Fred
Old 02-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
Novice classes are needed for both elect and nitro.
We all want them to have a good time and without torn up cars.
Racing at any level needs to have them come back for more and eventually move up, without them racing dies and we all lose.
Fred
After all, How am I gonna watch my Grandson kick Your Grandson's butt if we don't have Novice Racing.

All Joking aside, It's imperitive we have a Novice class that ensures they have a positive experience and return, and We as experienced Racers need to take the time out of our day for words of encouragment to them, let them know we are accessable for help if needed.

Mike
Old 02-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by busman
After all, How am I gonna watch my Grandson kick Your Grandson's butt if we don't have Novice Racing.

All Joking aside, It's imperitive we have a Novice class that ensures they have a positive experience and return, and We as experienced Racers need to take the time out of our day for words of encouragment to them, let them know we are accessable for help if needed.

Mike
I'm with you Mike, but What I meant is what to do one thos race days when there is not enough to fill both classes? what then?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

I'm with you Mike, but What I meant is what to do one thos race days when there is not enough to fill both classes? what then?
At Burien Toyota during there Tamiya races, a couple or more of the experienced drivers ( Ray and Becky) would run with them, teaching them lines and passing methods, worked out great and was fun for all.
If its a low turnout for novice, a few volunteers with a spare stock class car might be a big help. I will help out that way,will just bring an extra car.
Fred
Old 02-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by busman
After all, How am I gonna watch my Grandson kick Your Grandson's butt if we don't have Novice Racing

Mike
Challenge accepted!
Might be a while though, don't have one yet, daughter decided to wait on her wedding till after UW grad.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

We usually approach them and give them options, try to appease, and please, but we both know its not always possible, then we punt and go to plan b.

Mike
Old 02-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
At Burien Toyota during there Tamiya races, a couple or more of the experienced drivers ( Ray and Becky) would run with them, teaching them lines and passing methods, worked out great and was fun for all.
If its a low turnout for novice, a few volunteers with a spare stock class car might be a big help. I will help out that way,will just bring an extra car.
Fred
Could be a real help, one on one once in awhile.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

FW all ready as a policy of mixing novice gas and electric if not enough of one show up. its been working and probably doesn't need fixing.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
FW all ready as a policy of mixing novice gas and electric if not enough of one show up. its been working and probably doesn't need fixing.
I thought you guys did that, but since I have'nt been up there much last year(once) I thought that maybe they had change it.......
Old 02-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

BTW, second yok is complete except for 3.5 brushless system which should be here friday.

so lets discuss the open mod electric class, not talking about the sizzler just the club races.

is it truely going to be open, tires, foam and/or rubber. mixing brushed with brushless shouldn't be a problem, neither should batteries, lipo and ni mh should be ok to mix. i see the only issue is whether or not foams are allowed. i think we can keep it 5 minutes, for now, but if there is over whelming support for the brushless motor and the class grows during the first half of season, maybe during the second half of the season it will warrant its own class with longer run times.

your thoughts please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.