Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is the BEST NW Racer

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

I dont think you can say that 1 person is the man in the NorthWest. There is alot of talent here and some cant or dont always attend big races to get the recognition.

I agree with Trav that this thread is kinda useless..

Schuieracer - Thanks for the compliment. Yes I have been out of raciing and have come back here and there and won some races or placed well. There are better drivers than myself in this Region. If I did pick someone it would be Jeff Phelps not only is he a friend but he is always consitently fast anywhere he goes and anything he races. He also has a good attitude and will help anyone he can whether if you need setup help or a part etc.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:13 PM

You can't really distiguish one person over another. People have bad races and really good ones. But a more apropiate thread would be coolest racer out there since you can nail that on on the head in many instances. But i've seen so many people with talent it is crazy here. We probably have the second most talented region to california.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Local Boyz

I'm gonna have to go with Darren, Ken and Trav in on-road. This was my first weekend watching trav, and talk about serious car control....dang! That tail end was all over the place and awesome apex's every time. Ken can grab any car and be fast with it....on-road or offroad. He is really talented, just needs to watch out for corner marshalls! jk And you just cant mess with 4 national championships for darren. That speaks for itself.

-Brett "B-Main" Bowen

Last edited by QuickyTC3; 12-10-2002 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I didn't think my list was so important. I really have been back around RC racing for about a year. So I am not really a creditable person to know who the "best" is. Just trying to have a little fun. You guys take it all too serious. It's just peoples opinions. nobody said anybody sucks or anything. So lighten up. If my thread was so "stupid" why did you bother stopping to read it in the first place. I was just wondering who was fast in this area that maybe not everyone has had a chance to watch race. So maybe when the puyallup race or another race that draws alot of northwest racers come up and you get a chance to see some of these guys race you know who they are and where they came from.

Trav, I bet if I put you down as all around Best driver you wouldn't think this thread was so stupid. Of course I think you are a good mod racer....duh. SPEED'EM ALL!!!!
Old 12-09-2002, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default best driver

the best driver in the north west is scott Brown deffenattly, after that is Chris Bridgewater
Old 12-09-2002, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Devro- I cant set a car up to save my life, I get it close then wheel it around, I have driving capabilities but not setup. Overall driving is being able to setup a car and drive. As far as that goes for raincity you have to stick Andrew and Brian Heigis as well as Brett and Donny at the top of that list. Its just weird you still refer me as a stock racer when I have run stock 3 times in the last 7 months. I could care less where you put me on your Golden Overall list. For future reference dont start a thread like this it just causes issues, cause there is nothing worse than getting r/c racer's opinions on who is best. Speed Em' All

QuickyTC3-Hey it was cool racing with you, your way cool. Put a good word in for me with the Red Robin girl

Kenny- Hey Kenny great job this weekend dude. Never knew it was possible to loose a race by getting taken out by the corner marshal Anyway good job again you were fast as $hit and see you at puyallup
Old 12-09-2002, 08:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Mabye a better idea would be out of the people you have seen race who would be on your Dream Team?

Mine would be Jeff, Trav, Marty, Andrew, Kenny, Darren, Greg, Joe, and me of course!

Nice to see the rain guys again, got to get ya'll in Salem soon so you can feel a "free" car. Just give me time to get mod under wraps.

Claus
Old 12-09-2002, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

That would be one heck of a A main. It would be cool if they had like a three race mini series with the top 3 tracks in the northwest and have 2 day races with tripple A-mains and a points series and have it be like the tripple crown or something. every track has thier great racers it would be cool to see them all race each other at all of thier "home" tracks. That would be fun. It seems like the only race that the top guys come together at one track is puyallup. I think this year that will be one heck of a race. It's fun hearing guys watching off the track all pulling for thier local and favorite racers. I never heard of Kenny till last year and him Marty, Gambini, Andrew put on a really exciting race. We are pretty lucky to have some great hobbyshops that let us have some of the best drivers right here in the northwest. It's great to have the RAIN back!
Old 12-09-2002, 11:34 PM
Tech Rookie

SPEED EM ALL!

Last edited by SnakeBarnes; 12-10-2002 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:02 PM

thanks trav!

I fixed my car, and am putting foams on it so i can have some real fun! allready have a stratus 2.0 slamed on it.
Old 12-11-2002, 11:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

I knew Trav had a guilty look on his face before the main........ cause he drove it like he stole it! That was pretty good for only a "stock" driver. I guess you get the Barnes aproval for my golden list. Should be a good race this weekend. See ya all there.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:32 PM
Mal

My vote goes to Danamil.
Old 01-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Tech Legend

Scottie & Blockhead still can outdrive all you`s dudes....
Old 01-04-2003, 10:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default MOD SEDAN

After the last month and all the great "rivalry" I will have to say that Trav is probably the "fastest" mod driver. Win it or wear it!Today was a great race with Marty and Trav. Its fun watching these guys race. They have respect for each other, but really hate losing to each other and put on a good show racing each other very clean. So Trav is the best if he can keep all 4 corners on and Marty is the best if he doesn't dump! So will Travis crash before Marty dumps....we'll see.........thought I would let this die we have to keep this rivalry up until Puyallup.

Speed 'em all
Old 01-06-2003, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

you all blow!

i rule the skool.

dirty-sancheez

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.