Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island >

Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree29Likes

Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by The Slayer
The bottom line is this, we don't have the right dirt to run dry. Look what happened for the first year and a half we were open. Everybody was scrambling for what tire was gonna work. Everybody was using different tires, compounds, foams, treads, and nothing was ever "solid". AND we were burnin up tires every two weeks or so! And guys were complaining. The track got crumbly, potholes all over the place, jumps just falling apart, lips that send ya flyin anywhere but where you wanted the car to go.........and not to mention all the black boogers at the end of the night! Now we have great traction, no boogers, any M4 slick and red foam works well, the track holds up incredibly better then ever before, but now guys are complaining about not runnin treads! RCHR and Wolcott have a way different mix then we have. I loved racing at RCHR's indoor track this summer and did well doin so. If we want to dry this place out, we need the dirt that they have. Oh yea, who's gonna take care of all that maintenance On the dry surface too? There always seems to be a considerable amount of patch work to do on a dry track. Last time we needed some patch work on our track, nobody touched it till it was so bad, the whole jump had to be removed!! So are the guys complaining about not running treaded tires gonna come down every race night and maintain the track, or is it gonna be the same old once in a while we see them?
+infinity dont fix something thats not broken and just put more love into the layout.
see you all tomorrow. Mario
Old 08-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, there's always carpet
Old 08-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The bottom line is this, we don't have the right dirt to run dry. Look what happened for the first year and a half we were open. Everybody was scrambling for what tire was gonna work. Everybody was using different tires, compounds, foams, treads, and nothing was ever "solid". AND we were burnin up tires every two weeks or so! And guys were complaining. The track got crumbly, potholes all over the place, jumps just falling apart, lips that send ya flyin anywhere but where you wanted the car to go.........and not to mention all the black boogers at the end of the night! Now we have great traction, no boogers, any M4 slick and red foam works well, the track holds up incredibly better then ever before, but now guys are complaining about not runnin treads! RCHR and Wolcott have a way different mix then we have. I loved racing at RCHR's indoor track this summer and did well doin so. If we want to dry this place out, we need the dirt that they have. Oh yea, who's gonna take care of all that maintenance On the dry surface too? There always seems to be a considerable amount of patch work to do on a dry track. Last time we needed some patch work on our track, nobody touched it till it was so bad, the whole jump had to be removed!! So are the guys complaining about not running treaded tires gonna come down every race night and maintain the track, or is it gonna be the same old once in a while we see them?
i understand where u r coming but chuckie and i arent the only ones not showing up. from what i know james is the only one that has been showing up racing here and there from the mod crew one and a half years ago. everyone one else in the class isnt showing up do to the surface conditions. FACT. if i wanted to run on fake off road carpet ill move to europe. on that note i will be traveling with chuckie untill island raceway desides to run a threaded tire. i would love to run there but i cant stand the surface. dont take it the wrong way.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbo toic
i understand where u r coming but chuckie and i arent the only ones not showing up. from what i know james is the only one that has been showing up racing here and there from the mod crew one and a half years ago. everyone one else in the class isnt showing up do to the surface conditions. FACT. if i wanted to run on fake off road carpet ill move to europe. on that note i will be traveling with chuckie untill island raceway desides to run a threaded tire. i would love to run there but i cant stand the surface. dont take it the wrong way.
Your right, Shlick is the only one from the "original" mod crew that shows up from time to time. Mazzara and Plakis are runnin ⅛ scale, J-19 retired, Andrew has his reason, Garramone bought a mountain bike or some such nonsence but has been chattering about returning, Ramos has a crazy work schedule from what I heard but likes the track just as it is, Betts has been busy sellin Hyundai's, and its too hot for Rob D who also doesn't mind the track surface. BUT your leaving out all the new mod guys, who by the way are gettin real fast! If you were to give it a serious month, dial in a setup, make up some slicks instead of hatin on it all night, you'd probably enjoy it!
Old 08-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_wa...e_gdata_player
Old 08-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Your right, Shlick is the only one from the "original" mod crew that shows up from time to time. Mazzara and Plakis are runnin ⅛ scale, J-19 retired, Andrew has his reason, Garramone bought a mountain bike or some such nonsence but has been chattering about returning, Ramos has a crazy work schedule from what I heard but likes the track just as it is, Betts has been busy sellin Hyundai's, and its too hot for Rob D who also doesn't mind the track surface. BUT your leaving out all the new mod guys, who by the way are gettin real fast! If you were to give it a serious month, dial in a setup, make up some slicks instead of hatin on it all night, you'd probably enjoy it!
George, u kno and i know this is a never ending battle. It is what it is. See u soon hopefully
Old 08-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbo toic
George, u kno and i know this is a never ending battle. It is what it is. See u soon hopefully
I hope so, I'd love to see you give it a serious shot though.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ae replacement ball cups

http://www.redrc.net/?tag=pof,prc,peof,pgof,rof
We need these
Old 08-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Just want to give a shoutout to Joe-E for making the track AMAZING on friday! had such a good time.Thanks joe.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by li racer
definitely a nice set of ball cups, a must have!!
Old 08-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I remember the old mod guys raving about going to ohio once a year to run on slicks and insane traction, now they have it weekly and it sucks? There are people who also wont come back if the track is loose and inconsistent week to week.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I remember the old mod guys raving about going to ohio once a year to run on slicks and insane traction, now they have it weekly and it sucks? There are people who also wont come back if the track is loose and inconsistent week to week.
From what i kno the last time ohio ran slicks was years ago. Ive gone to race there And ran BRAND new mc tires and was the best my car ever felt and i didnt hAve to change my cars setup too much. At irh i mine as well buy a car just for that place cuz i have to do to much to make it worth driving. Yes u can say lately the pros r running mid motor car cuz the is traction there but they r running a brand new threaded tire N hard tire. Yes not everythig track is the same so u have to run a diff compound and tire. Lets just drop it
Old 08-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default SUNDAY RESULTS

SUNDAY AUG 4 2013.pdf
Old 08-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had a great time at the track last Friday and I enjoyed racing my yokomos ! This place is awesome. Will try and see if I can make it out this Friday too

George T.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Panic09
I had a great time at the track last Friday and I enjoyed racing my yokomos ! This place is awesome. Will try and see if I can make it out this Friday too

George T.
Nice to hear you had a good time George. I wasn't sure but now I realize you were sitting right across from me and next bench over. I didn't have a clue as I was having a crazy night myself. Hope you make it back soon!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.